Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Adrift People/Cargo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarak Scythe
Powder Monkey

74 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Adrift People/Cargo Reply with quote

Ok, I have noticed this alot in sea battles and want to know if anyone here may have any information regarding this.

During Sea Battles, when a ship is hit by either Grape Shot or Round Shot, items and debri fall off. For Grape, it's little people and for Round Shot it's floating barrel. Now I thought this was just another beauty of the games graphics and attention to detail..till the game made sounds the moment my ship moved OVER one of the floating people/floating barrels. When you move over a floating person, he says something in some releived tone of voice. When you move over a floating barrel, you hear a sound of water and coins dropping.

So I'm wondering if there are any real game impacts to this, as the sound triggers make me think there COULD be some objective behind this. I don't have any concrete proof, cause the game doesn't do any special messages when you move over and recover people/cargo nor have I found any outcome to moving a boat over people/cargo dropped by the enemy.

So does anyone have any other information on this? It would really help to solve this mystery. Smile
wheresthatparot
Powder Monkey

707 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post on Recycling.
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sail over a floating barrel, you "pick up" cargo (actually, 50 gold pieces is added to your treasure-on-hand). You hear the jingle of coins when this happens.

If you sail over a floating sailor, you pick him up and add him to your crew; the amount of crew displayed on the battle screen goes up one, and this can actually increase your crew over the maximum for the ship involved (but only for that battle; afterwards, the surplus goes to one of your other ships, or is lost if you have no room for them). You hear a plaintive voice saying something (judging by the tone) on the order of "Help me, please" when you rescue a floater.
Sashanan
Swabbie

1172 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 gold? Wee, finally, I've been trying to find out what exactly you got for ages Smile

Question! If you get hit by enemy fire, sometimes barrels fall off your ship. If this happens, do you indeed lose 50 gold for each barrel that falls off? If not, do you basically get 50 bonus gold when you re-retrieve the barrels that came from your own ship?
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sashanan wrote:
Question! If you get hit by enemy fire, sometimes barrels fall off your ship. If this happens, do you indeed lose 50 gold for each barrel that falls off? If not, do you basically get 50 bonus gold when you re-retrieve the barrels that came from your own ship?

Yes, if a barrel falls/is blown off your ship in battle, your treasure-on-hand goes down 50 gold. If you scoop up the barrel, you get the money back.

Likewise, if a little sailor falls off your ship, your crew goes down by one (or more -- but that guy, at least, can be retrieved).
Sashanan
Swabbie

1172 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey dokey. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: