Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Anything special
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperCutless
Swabbie

190 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Anything special Reply with quote

Does anything special happen if you attach and conquer all the ports of one country? Do they still run ships or are they just out of the game?
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wondered that myself.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still have the towns. Not many of them change over......... So the country still has a presence...... It's too bad you couldn't attack them too, then you could really have conquered the entire Spanish Main. Yurrrrr... Twisted Evil
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anything special Reply with quote

SuperCutless wrote:
Does anything special happen if you attach and conquer all the ports of one country? Do they still run ships or are they just out of the game?
This is precisely how you generate the Giga-Bucks Bug in the USA version.

Now, when an interceptor is generated bearing the flag of the elimenated country, the interceptor ship usually has from 4 to 32 thousand gold on board. Once in a while you will get pocket change and once in a great while you will get a negative 32,000.

There is one serious downside to this bug. There is a second associated bug.

If one of these money ships runs into a port or runs aground (on the general sailing screen, not on the battle screen) the game often will crash to desktop.

Solution: Get that interceptor ship at all costs! (Learn how many interceptors are generated for your difficulty level.) The one that got away can crash your game. The other thing you learn from this is to use cascading saves (so you have recourse if your favorite save cannot get you out of that crash).

Normal country interceptors can be generated by visiting the Jesuit Missionaries and by visiting any town that has a Mayor. Providing that the destination city's nation is at war with the eliminated country.

Only Pirate interceptors are generated when you visit a Native Village or Pirate Den.
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anything special Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:

Only Pirate interceptors are generated when you visit a Native Village or Pirate Den.

For lack of contrary proof, I'll take your word for that. But are you sure? I haven't paid special attention to that particular situation (I.E. dispatching Pirate/Canoe parties when 3 nations are eliminated) but somehow that doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I've seen "national" privateers responding to such dispatches.

Anyhow let me know.

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Anything special Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
rupertlittlebear wrote:

For lack of contrary proof, I'll take your word for that. But are you sure? I haven't paid special attention to that particular situation (I.E. dispatching Pirate/Canoe parties when 3 nations are eliminated) but somehow that doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure I've seen "national" privateers responding to such dispatches.

Anyhow let me know.
Have been paying attention here. It is nice to know what only generates Pirates.

Ignoring the ships that leave port with you, Native Villages and Pirate Dens only generate Pirate Ships as interceptors.

Jesuit Missions and European Settlements (those things with Mayors) usually generate interceptors from a warring nation, once in a while they generate Pirates.

This was very useful information when using the Giag-Bucks Bug, because it lowered the time for each million of the seven million gold pieces plundered. (I do have a nifty save as proof. Trainer was not used!)
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 Million is pretty damn sweet - how many gameyears did that take you?

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
7 Million is pretty damn sweet - how many gameyears did that take you?
Retired in Poor health, Around 36 years old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: