Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

I cant dance
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Dancing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

do you dance ?
yes
60%
 60%  [ 61 ]
no
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
yes, but not very good
28%
 28%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 101

Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: argh! dancing! Reply with quote

Yes, I'm terrible at the dancing. I ended up retiring my first pirate at age 40 after taking down all of the top 10, finding their treasure, turning several ports to my nation's control, etc. without doing one successful dance! Frustrating. At least in my second game, I was able to get married to a plain-looking daughter.

The majority of folks in this forum have it right. It takes a lot of practice (or patience waiting for the trainer!).

Anyway, thanks for that tip on double-tapping the keys. I'm going to give it a shot, because I can't be screwing up any more than I already am.

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double tapping does not work for me.

It will get you through the dance (hand kiss) but will not get you the flourished, which get you the little hearts, which leads to the spin/cleavage move, and therefore no gift, no lost city map, etc.
Dread777
Powder Monkey

103 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dance better than average I guess. It helps that I have a musical background so it's easy to pick up the beat. I really like to dip the beautiful daughters Smile
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Turned on some new people Reply with quote

I convinced two guys at work to get Pirates and they did and enjoy it. Both of them are married and their wives were immediately interesed in the dancing. In fact, one of these wives is so good she got a complete double-ring of flourishes!!! That means she did almost a complete dance with EVERY step rewarded with a flouish! I think she got two whole rings plus an extra one. Never heard of that before!

The other fellow's wife likes the game and when he plays, he has her come in the room and do the dances for him, which she does with aplomb! Pass the word on, women really like the danicng in this game!
Salty Wink
Bloody William Flint
Swabbie

207 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked yes but not very good cuz i was awlful at it ill i downloaed the thing from fafax now i only am bad after i marry the girl cuz i stubble around till the numbrs light up
littlebktruck
Powder Monkey

388 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Turned on some new people Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
In fact, one of these wives is so good she got a complete double-ring of flourishes!!!

Shocked Wow. The best I can do is 7 in a row, because I never get a flourish on the first move of a set. I do well on dancing at rogue, but I'm having some trouble on swashbuckler without any items (though I almost always can get the hand kiss). I also find that some songs are easier than others wrt where to push the button to get a fluorish. On some songs it's good to push it 1/4 of a beat early, but on others it seems to be more like 1/3 (which is a little less intuitive to count, at least for me).
Le Wallon volant
Powder Monkey

16 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy ! [with a french accent]

Diantre, i can't dance...i'm not a petit marquis of Versailles you know...the only sound i recognize is the Thunder of Brest ! Shocked

Maybee it's because i can't found enough beer in the governor palace [you know i'm from Belgium, beer is necessary for use like air Smile ]
Derfasciti
Powder Monkey

626 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dancing is REALLY HARD for me, because I have no numberpad.
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, there really IS something to that double key tap. I'm hitting nearly all flourishes now, except on the transitions.

Woo!
Inwe
Powder Monkey

267 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the boots and slippers really do help. I tend to do all right, but still occcasionally mess up. Not like my first game, where I stumbled around like a big oaf, no matter what I did. Laughing I'm happy to say I've gotten a bit better at it, heh. Definately watching thier hands and getting the dance shoses, I found that the buttons don't always light up if I'm playing higher than Apprentice and the dances get more complicated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Capt Peter Blackthorne
Cutthroat

1827 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they do get more complicated. But the good news is that there aren't that many patterns to memorize. Once you know all the patterns, you should be able to succeed at every dance. The only tricky part is the transition from one pattern to another. Just have to watch carefully on that first beat.
kvollmer
Cutthroat

6103 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I havn't been following this thread closely but for all the non-dancers I will say this. . .

The dancing in this game much like real dancing takes patience and practice.

I could never have gotten the 2 forward cha cha progressives with spins into a half-moon move if I hadn't spent an hour practicing every day for 2 weeks. . .

Just keep doing it over and over again.

Kirk Vollmer
Don't ever call me Captain Kirk.
Valparaiso University Alumni; Class of 2004
logansackett
Powder Monkey

743 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I had somewhat gotten the hang of at least getting through the dance up to adventurer level but I am not doing so well on my first Rogue level game. Also, my "cheat lights" don 't seem to work all the time. My first game on a level, they work for a dance or two then they stop. Are they supposed to work all the time? Question
Lill-Troll
Seaman

3042 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first couple of games I had difficulties with it, but now it's excellent.

In fact I'm doing so well I actually HAVE to screw it up with the attractive one at the beginning, so I can get a gift from them instead of just directions to Raymonds whereabouts.
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Ron, it will come in time. Do you use the mouse or the number pad? Use the number pad. It might seem harder at first, but it is the only way to handle the transitions - and allow yourself to improve. It's like typing or playing an instrument, your hands will start to get the hang of it, and it will get easier to learn the patterns.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: