Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Who Are You?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Civrules
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Who Are You? Reply with quote

We have this thread over at CFC where members post their pictures and tell a little about themselves.
It would be very cool to see who the actual people are. Just nice to associate a picture with a nick name. Cool

So, if you have/wish to post pictures, other cool info you want to share, it'd be great. Smile

Feel free to do so, a picture of me is coming soon.

(I would be surprised/lost/scared to see people looking like pirates in here.) Shocked
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if we want to SEE any pictures from our nerdy bunch, but ehm, here's my little bit about myself.

I'm 32 years old, married earlier this year. I run a toy store somewhere in Amsterdam, The Netherlands which is as much fun as it is frustrating at times.

I've played computer games since the Atari 2600 and have had numorous machines since. Strategy games are my main genre (turn-based but also RTS and mixes) but I can still loose myself in othe genre's (loved Far Cry).

I taught myself some skills in Adobe, HTML and learned the (very) basics of scripting (PHP, CGI) up to an agree that I can create websites I'm not ashamed of. Smile Combining those skills with my hobby, I ended up creating Gamers Central, an online games magazine that lasted for about 2.5 years, 1.5 of which professional (as in, earning my money from it) which was a lot of fun but also a lot of work.

At the moment I'm applying my skills to what you see here. It's lots of fun to do, mainly because of the interaction with the rest of you. Smile

Other than that, no kids, a cat, a car, some friends I'm very thankful for having them in my life. Guess that's it. Smile
Chuko
Cutthroat

3730 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have any piccies of myself I can put online...

But I can give you a short bio

20 years old, Lives in the city of Canberra, in the Terriotry of the ACT in Australia.

I attend university at the Australian National University, majoring in arts, which is not visual arts but almost everything that does not fit into a Economics, Commerse Science, Computer, or Law Degree...

I am focusing on history at the moment, but I might take up some philosophy courses further on down the track.
I am in a perpetual state of poorness, usually having no money whatsoever, and going for up to two days without food intill payday... I am also not very activly looking for a job.

Thats about all

Status of Ships;
Sloop Syzer sunk, all hands presumed dead
Frigate Sezcka, 28 guns, 260 men
Sloop of War Aozora, 12 guns, 120 men
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
I'm not sure if we want to SEE any pictures from our nerdy bunch, but ehm, here's my little bit about myself.

Who says we're nerdy?? Oh, wait..

I'm 15 years old, Attend school at year 11 in Adelaide, South Australia. Year 11 is one year of the final year. I've been playing games most of my life, got a computer about age 2 and a TV about age 8. I dislike consoles quite intensely, so don't expect ot see me get excited over X-Box versions of Pirates!

In online play with most games, I'm the player noone ever remembers, because I'm not good enough to be at the top, yet I'm above standard with most games.

I also love my sport, like alot of Australians, and play Tennis, Basketball and Soccer (Indoor/Futsal as well as Outdoor). I'll attach a photo once I find one and figure out how.
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am told to be the ruler of the hell and have to care about all the minor devils.
Have to find new fun on souls and going to the world to find new ones as well... Laughing

Serious,

25 years, working at the moment in the MIS-dep. but beginning to study IMIT in October, leaving my place.
First contact to computers in the early nineties, A500/2000 AtariST1024.
Switched then like evryone to "Billy's world".

Playing mostly strategy and trading games, but adventures, RPGs, and more as well.
Play soccer and meet with friends "on air" and in the real world.

As I have taken part in some beta-tests so far, I got to the conclusion that designing games would be a job, I would adore really.
I figured out, that most things I did in the betas, where suggestions on new features or optimizing existing.
Civrules
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, kind of forgot this thread.

Well I'm also 15 years old.
I've been playing Sid's games for a few years now, when I got the original Civ3.
I also really like to work on projects where using your hands is involved. That said, I really love engineering.

I've been lost the last few years as to what I want to study between biology and engineering when/if (knocks on wood and hopes everything continues in the future as smoothly as it has by now) I go to collage. Well, I think in recent times I've made up my mind. My interests really point to aeronautical engineering.
Between studying and playing games, I enjoy swimming I am also really good at tennis, actually my favorite sport.
And a recent picture of me in a park.
Paalikles
Powder Monkey

111 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

22 years of age. Study economics. Norway is my homeland, and I play a wee bit of computer games in my spare time (Rise of Nations, Civilization...)

I share a condo with 2 other people. That's nice since being alone all the time when at home gets..well...dull. Living close to campus helps out a lot too. I hang out at the faculty pub whenever I have time Wink

I also work part time for IKEA. Dont know if that is a nice deal yet, as I just got the job...

I buy a lot of music - mostly jazz and rock. My favorites in no particular order are: Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins and John Coltrane.

Erm...cant really think of more to add, so I wont
Angel
Seaman

1757 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIKES!!! I'm the older woman!!! LMAO!!! I'm 27, a girl, btw! Wink Uh....I'm in sales, Avon to be axact, LOL! How dorky is THAT??? I was an accountant before, but that was just plain TOO dorky for words. I live in the USA....near Chicago, to be exact.

So yeah, me, the dorkess Wink
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you sound like 14... :p Laughing
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe she's got a younger boyfriend. "You're as old as the lover you feel"
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uaahhh,

we are hitting deep down now?! Shocked
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... I am not the old fart of this forum.. thank you Flaconer for taking that role... Playing online games makes you used to be the old fart...nice change

I'm 27 will be 28 Nov. 5th so got ya beat on age mebe Angel...
I love playing video games with Pirates! being on the all time favorites list... others getting closer. I am now unemployed and looking for a job .. gotta love it. I am a computer systems technician and have been playing with computers and atari stuff since I can't remember.. I still own my Tandy 1000 hx ...why I still have it no clue... but I turned it on and it sitll worked... Amazing!! Of course I sitll have all my old consoles too and stopped with PS2... getting expensive to keep up with the gaming industry... You don't get as much with the game console as you did 10-15 years ago... Such a shame.
I live near Charlotte, North Carolina USA to break it down if you ever get board and want to mapquest it out. I always interested in other places but too damn scared to get on a airplane... even though I used to ride them... (note to self need to get over that fear Very Happy)

Well back to the world of looking for a job... I have games and things I want... in order to do that I need a JOB!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Civrules
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Diablo wrote:
you sound like 14... :p Laughing

Hehe, I know... Very Happy
El Diablo
Cutthroat

218 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,

I meant Angel, of course...
Civrules
Cutthroat

4032 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I was referring to her too. If she had not told us her age, I think most of us would think she's between 14-20. Shocked Wink
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: