Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Ship and sails
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Augey
Powder Monkey

12 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Ship and sails Reply with quote

Would it be possible for someone to create a mod so that your ship is black, with black sails, so it will look like the 'Black Pearl'?

Augey
ruf
Seaman

899 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.
I believe there is a mod somewhere in this forum to make black ships, and another to make black sails. I wish I could point you in the right direction, but they are in here somewhere.
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is under ships in the mods section, br DR.BEAST
320.9 SCAMP'S STOP
Augey
Powder Monkey

12 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that mod, but the sails are too black. If they were a charcol grey,,,
that would be nice. I just don't know how to color them.

Augey
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only serious drawback of this mod is that all sails become black. It ain't a pretty sight to see each and every ship in the game with black sails.
Unfortunately there's no way to separate your ships from all the others in the game when it comes to modding them, but I hope someone might be able to do that trick (hi Cyberops!).
In order to recolor the sails, all you have to do is find the files ship_sail_top.dds, ship_sail_gaff.dds, ship_sail_lateen.dds, ship_sail_main.dds, ship_sail_main_plain.dds, ship_sail_stay.dds, and ship_sail_stay3.dds which are lokated in the pak*.fpk files in the game. To unpack them use fpkpacker, search the web to find it or check out the other threads here at Customization and Modding. Or, download me whitesails.fpk file and unpack the files included. After that, all you need is a program such as Paint Shop Pro (which I used) or any other image processing program. Use Magic Wand to select the white areas (the sails) and recolor them as you see fit. Keep in mind though that ALL sails in ALL ships will bear that color!
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBeast wrote:
The only serious drawback of this mod is that all sails become black. It ain't a pretty sight to see each and every ship in the game with black sails.
Unfortunately there's no way to separate your ships from all the others in the game when it comes to modding them, but I hope someone might be able to do that trick (hi Cyberops!).
In order to recolor the sails, all you have to do is find the files ship_sail_top.dds, ship_sail_gaff.dds, ship_sail_lateen.dds, ship_sail_main.dds, ship_sail_main_plain.dds, ship_sail_stay.dds, and ship_sail_stay3.dds which are lokated in the pak*.fpk files in the game. To unpack them use fpkpacker, search the web to find it or check out the other threads here at Customization and Modding. Or, download me whitesails.fpk file and unpack the files included. After that, all you need is a program such as Paint Shop Pro (which I used) or any other image processing program. Use Magic Wand to select the white areas (the sails) and recolor them as you see fit. Keep in mind though that ALL sails in ALL ships will bear that color!

I have a question. Which hull does the SotL use? The Frigate or Frigate of War?
Augey
Powder Monkey

12 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DeBeast. I'll give it a try.

Augey
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striker wrote:
I have a question. Which hull does the SotL use? The Frigate or Frigate of War?

Frigate. I don't exactly remember why I even changed the frigate_war.dds file. It only has minor differences to the "plain"one. You might just as well ignore the frigate_war file.
Mycroft Stanyer
Seaman

2709 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you, the Black Pearl under Sparrow's command has white sails. They were only black when Barbosa was in command.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mycroft Stanyer wrote:
Mind you, the Black Pearl under Sparrow's command has white sails. They were only black when Barbosa was in command.

Black and shredded, if I correctly recall. It kind of reminded me of the ship in Mortal Kombat, the movie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: