Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ?
Yes!! Where is my multiplayer and proper patch ?!?!?
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
No, of course they need to make sure they turn a profit
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
I don't care / I have no opinion what-so-ever
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Falconer wrote:
Sid wrote a miniature diary for the still upcoming Pirates! for XBOX over at EuroGamer

We've had a Firaxis Xbox development team working on the game for nearly two years and it's coming along just fine. Right now we're working on adding multiplayer ship battles for up to four players on a single machine. We'll also offer scoreboards, rankings and cool customizable content through Xbox Live. We have every confidence that "Sid Meier's Pirates!" will kick some serious Xbox booty. We hope you'll agree.

Personally I think it sucks that Sid didn't "bother" to include multiplayer in the PC version!! What is your opinion ??

Feel free to elaborate in a post Wink
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
Falconer wrote:
Sid wrote a miniature diary for the still upcoming Pirates! for XBOX over at EuroGamer

We've had a Firaxis Xbox development team working on the game for nearly two years and it's coming along just fine. Right now we're working on adding multiplayer ship battles for up to four players on a single machine. We'll also offer scoreboards, rankings and cool customizable content through Xbox Live. We have every confidence that "Sid Meier's Pirates!" will kick some serious Xbox booty. We hope you'll agree.

Personally I think it sucks that Sid didn't "bother" to include multiplayer in the PC version!! What is your opinion ??

Feel free to elaborate in a post Wink

I agree Kristian95. They release a buggy patch then start boasting about all the features in the xbox version. I don't have an xbox and don't plan on ever getting one. I guess money talks. The gaming industry has shifted a bit away from PC to the consoles. So old Sid goes where the cash is. Who can blame him I guess... Money is what makes the world go around... Sad
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Howie wrote:
I guess money talks. The gaming industry has shifted a bit away from PC to the consoles. So old Sid goes where the cash is. Who can blame him I guess... Money is what makes the world go around... Sad

True, but money also comes from satisfied costumers.... and Sid or no Sid, if this is the standard we can expect from him in the future, I don't think he can count on any more purchases from me!
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
True, but money also comes from satisfied costumers.... and Sid or no Sid, if this is the standard we can expect from him in the future, I don't think he can count on any more purchases from me!

I agree again. Sid certainly has a fantastic history of producing winners as far as PC gaming goes. But his neglect and lack of support for this Pirates surely is lacking. Although the game is very good, it could advance to the very excellent spot with a little attention. In my opinion you are only as good as your most recent effort. You don't remain heavy weight champion of the world just because you had a hit back in 1990..... Neutral
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, games like Pirates NEVER EVER sell a lot of copies for consoles.

Console players are for the most part, stupid jocks. They want first person shooters or sports games that give instant satisfaction.

The average console owner/player doesn't have the attention span that's required for Pirates.

Big mistake Firaxis.
Jando
Swabbie

1236 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Kristian95 wrote:
... True, but money also comes from satisfied costumers.... and Sid or no Sid, if this is the standard we can expect from him in the future, I don't think he can count on any more purchases from me!

Indeed, Sid Meier and Firaxis are quite rapidly wasting the good name and the credit they have amongst the somewhat older gamers. To me the PC version of Pirates looks more and more like a scam to get some quick cash into Firaxis' coffers while the "real" new Pirates game is exclusively for the Xbox platform - and I wouldn't be surprised if some Microsoft cash were involved in that decision ...
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Jando wrote:
- and I wouldn't be surprised if some Microsoft cash were involved in that decision ...

All Hail King Bill Gates! The King of the World!
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

WaxonWaxov wrote:
Jando wrote:
- and I wouldn't be surprised if some Microsoft cash were involved in that decision ...

All Hail King Bill Gates! The King of the World!

Also one of the biggest software pirates of all time, in my opinion... Twisted Evil
Swabbie

575 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it was a BIG mistake to leave multiplayer out of Pirates for PC. I do have a PS2, but all my multiplayer gaming is done on PC, where most multiplayer gaming is free. I don't want to pay extra to play multiplayer on a console. I agree with Waxon that most console players want fast paced action or racing games, not games where you have to use your brain and have a strategy. I know that when I play a game on PS2 it is usually an arcade type game or a racing game when I just want to kill a few minutes time (usually while waiting for my wife to get ready to go out). The only PS2 games that I spend long times playing are Gran Turismo 3 and Madden football.
I think that Pirates would be a great multiplayer game for single player and team play. Can't you just see two fleets flinging iron at each other or two teams tring to capture the others ports. It would be great and probably better quality of play than you can get with a console.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Firaxis or Atari that is putting out the XBOX version of the game?
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From those news it looks like it's Firaxis doing the hard work.... Atari might be distributing it though
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striker wrote:

Firaxis is the creator/publisher
Atari is the distributor.
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Do you feel abandoned by Sid regarding the Xbox news ? Reply with quote

Jando wrote:
To me the PC version of Pirates looks more and more like a scam to get some quick cash into Firaxis' coffers while the "real" new Pirates game is exclusively for the Xbox platform

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be true, and it pisses me off.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaxonWaxov wrote:
Striker wrote:

The question that this raising is the following:

Is it Firaxis or Atari that is driving the move to XBOX? I know that Atari has already almost fully shifted their attention to Console games.
WaxonWaxov
Cutthroat

2424 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striker wrote:
WaxonWaxov wrote:
Striker wrote:

The question that this raising is the following:

Is it Firaxis or Atari that is driving the move to XBOX? I know that Atari has already almost fully shifted their attention to Console games.

Oh, my bad. Oops

I would bet it's Atari. They's been a bunch of sell-outs for the past 20 years.

My big problem with xBox (I own one) is this:

1) It occupies your TV. I for one play a PC game with the TV going at the same time.

2) With xBox, you're always holding that damned controller. Personally, I like the fact that I can drive my ship with my right hand while eating a taco with the other.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: