Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Best Civilization Game
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think is the best CIV game
1. Civilization
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
2. Civilization 2
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
3. Civilization 2 Gold
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
4. Civilization Call to Power
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
5. Civilization Call to Power 2
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
6. Civilization 3
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Captain Oliver Lawrence
Powder Monkey

298 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Best Civilization Game Reply with quote

Here is my poll. Please anwer it.
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be under Other Games? Ah well, my vote went to Civ 2. I didn't even look at the other alternatives. It's by far the best I've played! Btw, what's the difference between Civ2 and Civ2 gold?
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, the call to power games are not made by Sid / Firaxis Wink

Oh, and I voted for Civ 1 'cause it was the revolutionary first Very Happy
Captain Oliver Lawrence
Powder Monkey

298 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBeast wrote:
Shouldn't this be under Other Games? Ah well, my vote went to Civ 2. I didn't even look at the other alternatives. It's by far the best I've played! Btw, what's the difference between Civ2 and Civ2 gold?

Civ2 gold had a space and heaven versus hell part to the game. Its actually really good. The space part was sorta like Alpha Centauri.
Aetius
Powder Monkey

135 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Civ 2, but Civ 1 was also very good. I just remember playing Civ 2 alot more than I had Civ 1.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved the topic to "Other Games". In fact, this topic might have been best posted at our new HookedGamers forum.

I replied Civ3, but I was suprised not to see it further divided into its different versions like Civ2 had been... If it had been, I would have voted for Civ3 Conquests.

I like the latest Civ the most simply because it gives you the free hand to mod it beyond recognition. I deleted the Industrial and Modern ages from my own mod and divided the Middle Age into Middle Age and the Age of Sail (which replaced the Industrial Age). I've also added and replaced many of the cultures in the game and there must be twice as many units now than there was in the original for the first three ages...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Crookshanks
Cutthroat

336 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you, Wolfwood. I play Conquests (when I get the chance, school and work take too much of my time! Evil or Very Mad ) Anyway, I like elements they added to Conquests and Civ 3 in general. It's a pretty challenging game, I have yet to advance past Monarch level. I can't image Deity!! Civ 2 is a great game, but it can be pretty predictable - as soon as someone builds the Manhattan Project, the computer nukes you - doesn't matter that you were on friendly terms with everyone.
Westley_Roberts
Iron Guts

10339 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd havta say, for all the hours I played it, the Original CIV rocked. when 2 came out there were too many changes to keep up with, and enjoy. Alpha Centari sucked the big one, and multiplayer was laggy and buggy. 3 again introduced so many changes it was a new game to me, and too involved for me to get back into. Since then I've played all the Ceaser/Zeus games. The latest one Children of the Nile is a bit more fun, but the game play is WAY SLOW. Looking forward to Stronghold 2 in a few weeks...woo hoo!!!

Have an Army Day
PrinceScamp
Gunner

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have civ 2 with unoficial fantastic worlds patch, and call 2 power 2
i have not played civ 1 or 3...i have seen all the civ 3s in one package,,is that the conquest one? should i nuy it? or wait for #4
320.9 SCAMP'S STOP

Last edited by PrinceScamp on Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Oliver Lawrence wrote:
DrBeast wrote:

Civ2 gold had a space and heaven versus hell part to the game. Its actually really good. The space part was sorta like Alpha Centauri.

That's odd, my Civ 2 gold only has a multiplayer thing as extra... oh and a couple of scenarios.... I think you're thinking of the call to power things with regard to space and heaven and hell.... or maybe some other game ???
Captain Squid
Seaman

4360 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played and enjoyed all the versions of Civ through the years (though I never played CTP). It's hard to pick one. But I really have to go with Civ III, especially Conquests. I think it has the deepest and richest strategic depth, and things like resources and civilization attributes give the game many more varied approaches than its predecessors.
ToeJoe
Powder Monkey

1607 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote for Civ Net, which i like most of all. Not because of multiplayer possibility. Just it is so simple like original civilization, and graphics is improved a bit.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say that I still enjoy Civ2 the most out of the series. Maybe I was just too used to Civ2 when Civ3 came out that I didn't enjoy it as much. When I stop playing Pirates!, it'll be tough to decide which of them to go back to playing....

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingWilly wrote:
Have to say that I still enjoy Civ2 the most out of the series. Maybe I was just too used to Civ2 when Civ3 came out that I didn't enjoy it as much. When I stop playing Pirates!, it'll be tough to decide which of them to go back to playing....

That problem is easily solved: Don't stop playing Pirates Razz
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh....touche, Kristian.

Very good point indeed. But if that were the case, I'd still be playing the original Pirates on my Commodore64. Wink

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: