Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Devguys' Daughters in the MOD section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Devguys' Daughters in the MOD section. Reply with quote

Love yer work; "BUT YOU NEED A GIRL MATE!!!!

Warlock

I says who I am and I am who I says!!!
Eskimo_pirat
Swabbie

92 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I download DevGuy's daugther-mods I sail from pot to port just only to dance with the girls, but I find plain daugthers a little bit too normal, you don't see so much. But anyway......you will not regret to download those daugther mods , if you don't yet had, a little variety to the game is very good.
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Variety is the spice of life.

DAMN GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
devguy
Powder Monkey

38 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.. glad you are enjoying them. I've uploaded two more as well, very nice French girls. Hopefully they will be posted soon.

Just remember this is mostly a fighting game. <grinning>
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Island Jack wrote:
Variety is the spice of life.

And here I always thought spice was the variety of life... Mr. Green
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the French girls. So, how about some Dutch girls?

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. . .

I downloaded the English Daughter #2 mod, and my game wouldn't work.

Must be a V-Chip in there somewhere. Hehehe!
devguy
Powder Monkey

38 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are having problems Cussler, first I've heard of that. For any of these mods to run you need to be sure there isn't another of the same style in your Custom directory. Perhaps you have another English Daughter mod in there as well?
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that in the Read Me file you included. I have one each of kbob's French and Dutch mod, and Gun Pierson's Spanish mod, but no English mods.
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent posted here in a long while so many wont recognize my name, regaurdless, Dev, nice job on the mods, a bit over the top but nice mod work none the less. Was wondering though if you were planning on doing some barmaids. Though I prefer to have the daughters prim and proper, any sailor worth his salt knows the value of a well dress in next to nothing bar girl. Looking forward to new work.

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
SteveK
Powder Monkey

14 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks for R daughters Devguy Reply with quote

You did a great job by doing thouse 2 R daughters. I hope you will do some more of this and /or may be even more RR. Very Happy Shocked
Don't listen thouse who telling you to get a girl.
I'm 33 year old married two kids and i love your job.
Thanks again.

SteveK
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devguy,

I got the English daughter mod to work. I can't be positive, but I guess maybe had to many mods in the Custom folder, cause all I did was delete some of the useless ones that came with the official Firaxis theme pack, and it worked.

Or maybe a bug with the game or my computer was just being fickle last night. Who knows?

Anyway, good work. You got...quite an imagination. Haha! I like it. It adds spice and variety. I have one mod for each nation's daughter so that they truly are different in appearance and create a better selection. So, my game has seven wholesome beautiful daughters, and one slutty one. Very Happy
devguy
Powder Monkey

38 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Cussler, glad it's working for you too.

Sorry to those of you I offended with my mods. To those who are enjoying them, I guess that's the only reason I built them to begin with.

Several days ago I posted two more daughters, but until they show up in the downloads section I'm taking a break from doing new mods.
blarghus
Powder Monkey

21 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If, as you say, you'll be taking a hiatus from modding for pirates!, would you be so good as to write for those of us (me) who plan on trying a hand at it but are inexperienced a short guide? I've been looking around, but have only really found info on making sails and flags. for example, some of your techniques in isolating portions to be recoloured, which files contain the pc, barmaid, and daughter textures, other helpful info? obviously you aren't obligated to do so, but i'd appreciate the help as i'm a bit lost in all this.
K-Bob
Swabbie

3314 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The daughters are in daug_XXXX_YZ.dds files. XXXX is "beau" for beautiful ones, "attr" for attractive, "plain" for plain. Y is a single letter code for the nationality: e = English, f = French, s = Spanish, d = Dutch (but you guessed as much already Smile). Z is a digit indicating whether it is #1 or #2 for that nationality; there are two daughters of each type for each nationality.

The barmaids are in files called "barmaid_X.dds" where X is a single letter code for the nationality ('p' for pirate haven barmaids).

I use Photoshop with the NVIDIA DDS plug in. Works great.

I typically select/mask out the section I'm working on so I don't screw up other parts. I'll also copy the original selected area into a new layer. That way you still have the original in the original layer.

Working with layers in Photoshop is really the way to go. If I'm futzing with multiple parts in a skin, I'll use different layers for each. For example in my work with daughters, I'll have different layers for the gloves, torso, arm puffies, skirt, etc.

In PS, you can usually select an area that needs to be worked on by either using one of the lassos, or by using magic selection. Magic selection (and magic erasing) are great. You can select all pixels (optionally contiguously) that are the same as a pixel you click on, within some user-specified tolerance. This is great for getting all pixels of cloth or skin in an area that are of a similar color. There is also a selection by color on the Select menu.

Using the select tools with the control and alt keys to add to and subtract from the existing selection is especially powerful. Especially since you usually can't select the entire area you want with one simple tool. So you'll need to piece together a selection by adding up and subtracting multiple smaller selections.

If there's already some area that I can extend into the working area, I'll use the Smudge tool to smudge it into the other area. I mostly use Smudge to remove clothing, by smudging nearby skin over the clothing. Use an airbrush/spray brush with Smudge to get a fuzzy effect to it, otherwise you'll be able to see the smudge too clearly.

Another useful method is to select a piece of clothing (or skin) and change its coloring/contrast/brightness using the tools under the Image > Adjust menu. This allows you to modify the coloring of an area all at once. Good where you don't want to change the texture and shading of an area, but do want to modify the hue, saturation, color, contrast, brightness, etc.

If I create a piece of clothing that I like and want to reuse, I'll copy its layer into a new Photoshop file and save it. Then I can copy it in as a new layer into other DDS files.

I could go on and on... There are lots of other posts over the past few months with good nuggets of info; finding them might be a problem. Maybe I'll move this post into a sticky...

Don't know much about other tools.
Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: