Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The Guvner's Daughter Thing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warlock
Swabbie

2844 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: The Guvner's Daughter Thing Reply with quote

Mates;

Tho' I be new to this community, I was "A PIRATE ONCE...and YOUNG".

I seen me some dastardly places and some strange things in me time.on the seas. ' Been to far off places and sailed the unknown seas in search of "many a women".

Wit dat said, The Governer's daughter thing is gettin' a bit out of hand here. With ALL respect; a plain girl and even a somewhat "attractive" girl
needs to show some assets, like a good pirate needs his gold. But I'd not like to be leavin' port for hard months of robbin' and terrorizin', knowin' me beautiful wife or me finace be dancin' in public with her "cannons"
exposed. I myself am partial to a tease of cleavage and it makes a dance with the comely damsels more tolerable for sure, but I want my wife or at lest the girl I've givin' the prize necklace to, to be seductive and yet exhibite uncommon grace and style. If ye want to be seein' all a girl has to offer then some should be creatin' a brothel or more ladies to meet in the Tavern. I'd visit! I doubt that in 1660 or 1760 any Guvner would let his daughter dress so provacatively in public let alone a Ball. For sheer beauty and elegance of a beautiful Guv's Daughter, I don't think you can beat K-Bob's
Daughters. I can see trying to improve on some facial aspects on the daughters but not denegrating them to the level of "STRUMPET"
I hope K-BOBkeeps on designing!! I'd myself like to see Nicole Kidman or Adriana Lima in one of his creations.

Sincerely,
WARLOCK

I says who I ams and I ams who I says but never forget : "I loves the smell of fine-grain powder in the Morning!"

I says who I am and I am who I says!!!
Island Jack
Seaman

4699 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you've got 20 posts already, but I don't think I've thrown a "welcome to the forum" your way yet, so welcome!

Anyway, when I first started checking out the Gov Daughter Mods, I thought some of them were a bit too outlandish at first, but after trying a lot of them in my games, I've come to enjoy them all, and sometimes especially the ones I originally thought were over the top. I love the variety, what can I say? I find that depending on which one of my pirates I'm running, I've got a Mod to suit my taste. That's the beauty of the Mods, use what you want, don't bother with the rest. Myself, I sometimes wish I had the time, patience and tools to do my own Gov daughter mod, but haven't as of yet (probably spending too much time designing hawaiian shirts for my pirates). I don't know if you've checked it out or not, but there is a Mod for a Spanish daughter that uses Tia Carere (sp?), the actress (or actor, if you want to be PC) as a facial model, and in the SMP Mod section of this place you can get it with a little scrolling:

http://piratehaven.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=237

So, it can be done, just by folks who are much better at modding than I. Like I said, if one has the time and the tools...

Good hunting.

"Mr. Thirsty! Load guns with balls!"
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One caveat on the Tia Carriere mod; while the filename is daug_plain_d1.dds, you'll want to change the _plain_ to _beau_ or it will look weird.

This is how it was discovered that the different "grades" of daughters (and the barmaids) have two files each, the DDS "skin" and the KIF "structure", and trying to use a beautiful "skin" with a plain "structure" results in a peculiar mismapping. You can use a Spanish beauty as an English governor's daughter with no problem, but try substituting the Tia Carriere beauty for a plain daughter and you get an outrageous bodice:

Trying to use a barmaid as a beautiful daughter results in something that could be the Bride of Quasimodo!
K-Bob
Swabbie

3314 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warlock, thanks for the compliments!

I haven't been doing much recently (been on vacation, and working too much), but look forward to firing up Photoshop soon and doing some more mods. I appreciate the positive feedback -- gets me motivated to produce some more!

-- K-Bob
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOHOOOO K-BOB!! I was wondering if you were going to start turning work out again. Looking forward to them. Rumor from the Santiago bar girl is that the Govenor's daughter is all up in a huff over the French fashions, she seems a bit jealious Wink Ahh she'll get over it Im sure, she was always a firey one. Still, glad your back.

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
Cussler
Cutthroat

2686 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kbob!

Want you to know I downloaded both a French and Dutch mod of yours. They look beautiful! Wonderful work. Very professional looking.

Great job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: