Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Negative gold in this forum...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Negative gold in this forum... Reply with quote

I have been wondering, how come one member of this forum has managed to have a negative amount of gold ??? I didn't know we have an alchymist here who has discovered the famous substance antigold Razz
Or is he such a good pirate that he has a nice letter of credit with the shops around here ??? Razz
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought stuff on credit???
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a spammer and we deleted his posts which took away gold which gave him a negative amount.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know to whom you refer, but negative gold is a possibility if you delete enough of your own messages.

It may be a sign of someone who has tried to take an advantage of the posting system and the fact that there have been no moderators present at the time to catch him/her (posting long messages to earn a lot of gold, bought stuff from the shops and then deleted the long and pointless messages to cover his/her tracks). The bad thing about this is that the admins can find this out in the admin section of the board and ban the one responsible from the forum.

(We go straight for the ban when someone purposefully tries to cheat)

I'll give it a look...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is talking about the one we had already taken care of about a month back I think it was wolf.. don't worry about it Smile I deleted the posts you and falc banned him and the other account.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Tavern All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: