Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

POWDER MONKEY FIRST POST: INTRODUCE YOURSELVES HERE ! ! !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
Welcome to all the new "Monkeys"
With Pirates! you'll soon all be junkies
You'll play endless hours
Forget to take showers
And your clothes will soon start smelling funky

OH, THIS poem! I like this one. Apart from being true, it's also accurate.
Powder Monkey

486 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... Figured I'd post in this thread since it wasn't around when I first started posting.

I just remembered my screen name (it's completely un-piratical isn't it?) and password the other day as I started playing Pirates! again. I first started posting here when this forum was still on the Cutlass Isle URL.

Anyways...

Little bit about myself... I'm and 18 year old (19 in July) college student. I major in archaeology (I'm not sure of my specific field yet) and I live in sunny San Diego, California. I'm transferring to UC Berkeley soon though.

Sailor
Kung-Fu-Stu
Powder Monkey

47 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm new to pirates but a long time gamer, have been playing since the early 80's where I started on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum.
I only really heard about the game at the beginning of the month so was holding out for the Xbox release of the game which was scheduled for this Friday, the 27th. But earlier in the week, we in the UK received the news that the release date has been delayed (probably due the change in publisher) so I put in a quick order for the PC version.
I've been reading the wealth of information that the contributors to the site have published and feel I've got a real advantage starting the game when I get a chance at the weekend.
So thanks to all who've been here before me and helped make this site what it is today.
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Hooked on Pirates Kung-Fu-Stu. Glad to have you aboard. Happy Smurf Pirate
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo...echo...welcome, welcome. Let's "hear" what you have to say!
Sailor
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airsaw wrote:
TheDon wrote:
Welcome to all the new "Monkeys"
With Pirates! you'll soon all be junkies
You'll play endless hours
Forget to take showers
And your clothes will soon start smelling funky

OH, THIS poem! I like this one. Apart from being true, it's also accurate.

I like this poem too. It is very well written. Too bad we didn't have a poems section here on HoP. It would be neat to go there and read poems written by members. I might even try my hand at writing a poem...

No, I don't think I would do that. My poetry skills are very bad. Prolly as bad as my graphics editing skills! Lost
Powder Monkey

626 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Just saw the thread... Reply with quote

Sorry about this. I just saw this thread here.

Where to begin....?

Well, I live in the U.S.A. and I received the game for my birthday. I played it and I loved it. But it was not all easy sailing. A greast storm occured and I lost my second disc. Now I travel the world over and over again searching for me lost treasure. I will hopefully be buying a new one today. Smile
Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Just saw the thread... Reply with quote

Derfasciti wrote:
Sorry about this. I just saw this thread here.

Where to begin....?

Well, I live in the U.S.A. and I received the game for my birthday. I played it and I loved it. But it was not all easy sailing. A greast storm occured and I lost my second disc. Now I travel the world over and over again searching for me lost treasure. I will hopefully be buying a new one today. Smile
Best of luck, to you. Very Happy
Powder Monkey

276 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Very very new here :) Reply with quote

I may the first pirate to confess something but i have to do it Shocked I buy that game to my teenaged daughter thinking that its a game made for kids, that it cant distract me from my "adult" game like Rome:Total War or Silent hunter 3, but guess what i've spent almost all my evening of the last week playing Pirates and loving it Sailor Last night i even played with my parrot on my shoulder ! (but since i dont have a parrot, does a 36 inch green iguana can qualify for this ?).

Well, hi everybody and glad to be on this forum ! Smile

Mizar66
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: Very very new here :) Reply with quote

mizar66 wrote:
I may the first pirate to confess something but i have to do it Shocked I buy that game to my teenaged daughter thinking that its a game made for kids, that it cant distract me from my "adult" game like Rome:Total War or Silent hunter 3, but guess what i've spent almost all my evening of the last week playing Pirates and loving it Sailor Last night i even played with my parrot on my shoulder ! (but since i dont have a parrot, does a 36 inch green iguana can qualify for this ?).

Well, hi everybody and glad to be on this forum ! Smile

Mizar66

As long as it's green, it qualifies as far as I'm concerned.... but then, my parrot is red, yellow, and blue, so what do I know?

Welcome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IronJohnFlint
Powder Monkey

1 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Arrgh Mateys Reply with quote

Hi All Just droppin in to see what this place is like and about.....been playing Pirates for about 3 weeks now...Great game good lookin Mods and Stuff is almost The same game it was on the C-64.....but with much better graphics

for me its just another way to play pirates....I play the WizKids Pirates game as well...also do a bit of historical reinactment "type" stuff in the SCA ( aye I be a pirate there too )

so Stand to this powder monkey needs to blow somethin up Arrrrgghhh
Kliegl
Powder Monkey

60 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard about the new Pirates from a friend, and got a copy to see if it was like my favorite game back 15 years ago when I was a kid.

Ended up here after looking for some mods.
Pizza_Peep
Cutthroat

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Ahoy! Reply with quote

Ahoy there me boy-os'
I'm new here and I'm down on my luck (money-wise that is)
I love to play pirates and I..AM...A NEWBIE!!
Phinsfan65
Powder Monkey

11 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started playing this game on the old NES
I'm 39 and love pirates
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HURRAH for all of you Newbies
I'm sure you're all really good doobies
There's plenty of rum
So come gitcheesum
And spew your own skewed point of view-bies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 4 of 75

Jump to: