Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

How to Conquer the world!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about this way of playing.. How many crew member do you have the most?

I never could joining more than 523...
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:
TheDon wrote:
I like keeping a fleet of ships, as well as 300-400 crew, so that I have an appropriate ship to attack whatever ship I encounter. Also, with a fleet of warships, if one takes heavy damage the others can be used for attack until I get it repaired.

I see... but, playing in this way.. don´t you loss a lot of gp for not selling any ship you plunder?

I always use my indian canoe to attack and, if it gets damaged i change to any of my ship of the line... hehe, and these ships are REALLY hard to become damaged...

I do sell all the ships I take possession of. I just can't take as many as a time. I may lose some gold, but with 1.5 million in pocket I don't consider another 200 to be that important.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
Javi wrote:
TheDon wrote:
I like keeping a fleet of ships, as well as 300-400 crew, so that I have an appropriate ship to attack whatever ship I encounter. Also, with a fleet of warships, if one takes heavy damage the others can be used for attack until I get it repaired.

I see... but, playing in this way.. don´t you loss a lot of gp for not selling any ship you plunder?

I always use my indian canoe to attack and, if it gets damaged i change to any of my ship of the line... hehe, and these ships are REALLY hard to become damaged...

I do sell all the ships I take possession of. I just can't take as many as a time. I may lose some gold, but with 1.5 million in pocket I don't consider another 200 to be that important.

Yeah, that may be true Laughing
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:

I think 450 or so is the most I've ever had. Usually that's so I can attack some big city, during which I generally lose quite a few.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
Javi wrote:

I think 450 or so is the most I've ever had. Usually that's so I can attack some big city, during which I generally lose quite a few.

You´re right... I found that whit maybe 400 you can beat any city (even if it have 600 soldiers), but the point is if it´s possible to get more and more crew, and fight and fight, and have more and more... Twisted Evil

Image to have an "army" of 1000 pirates under your command.. ARRGGGGG!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Image to have an "army" of 1000 pirates under your command.. ARRGGGGG!!!

You'd have to have a fleet of ships just to carry enough food to feed them.
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
Quote:
Image to have an "army" of 1000 pirates under your command.. ARRGGGGG!!!

You'd have to have a fleet of ships just to carry enough food to feed them.

hehehe... i could be, but i feel that whit three of four SHOL would be enought... Wink
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Army and Spanish Bounty Reply with quote

I had 616 guys and took out Panama, Havana and all the Spanish cities. Those guys sure do eat a lot! You have to keep taking over ships just to get more food! Got my bounty up to 121,000 gold. After the final Spanish city was taken, my bounty started going down every time I took out a Pirate Raider and it went down to 95,000. After a while I missed seeing the Spanish ships so I took out Monserratt and gave it to the Spanish. BINGO, all my bounty was forgiven. Went from 95,000 bounty to a hero's welcome!!! Funny game! My pirate is now 53 years old. Will keep providing updates. I plan on having a geriatric ship in the fleet!
Salty Wink
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
... I have 1,150,000 gold...

As a matter of fact, you don´t, your crew has. It´s nice and all as long as you don´t get sunk or captured, but if so, you´re in big trouble (considering you´re not "cheating", i.e. reloading), because you´re old and you don´t have the reputation of a sucessful captain, thus are not able to recruit all that many men in port. Personally, I divide about every five years, still way too seldom for my taste, but with the sailing times, the crew morale and the refitting times being as they are, that´s a reasonable interval
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had 616 guys and took out Panama, Havana and all the Spanish cities. Those guys sure do eat a lot! You have to keep taking over ships just to get more food! Got my bounty up to 121,000 gold.

My bounty is up to 176,000 now. Highest I've seen it. I've completed everything else for this game, so I'm going to see how high I can get the bounty to go by continuing to knock off Spanish shipping and cities.
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimmelshausen wrote:
Salty Dog wrote:
... I have 1,150,000 gold...

As a matter of fact, you don´t, your crew has. It´s nice and all as long as you don´t get sunk or captured, but if so, you´re in big trouble (considering you´re not "cheating", i.e. reloading), because you´re old and you don´t have the reputation of a sucessful captain, thus are not able to recruit all that many men in port. Personally, I divide about every five years, still way too seldom for my taste, but with the sailing times, the crew morale and the refitting times being as they are, that´s a reasonable interval

Even if I get sunk (they should sink ALL my ships!) or captured, I don´t think that i´ll lose all my gold... And, on the other hand, my crew will lose MY gold for sure... Just, sunking all my ships, but not, of course, my indian canoe, and, after, "allowing" my crew to be killed in a combat... Laughing

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil hehehe... GOLD, GOLD, GOLD, MY GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a minor sum you loose all the plundered and undivided spoils, if you get sunk. The gold in the status screen is the sum of the share you got after dividing the plunder, it´s got nothing to do with the gold shown on the world map, that´s the ship´s fund.
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimmelshausen wrote:
Apart from a minor sum you loose all the plundered and undivided spoils, if you get sunk. The gold in the status screen is the sum of the share you got after dividing the plunder, it´s got nothing to do with the gold shown on the world map, that´s the ship´s fund.

But, as far as I know, to loose all your gp you have to be totally sunked... I mean, you have to be sunked when you sail in only one ship.... Then, if you have more than one ships, you´ll not loose any money...
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That´s right, if you "just" get sunk or beaten in boarding and you have men and a ship left, you just loose the flagship, but if you get captured (you´re the only one left from your crew) or you´ve got only one ship, you loose everything. I´m not sure about losing to villains (Raymondo and Montalban) or famous pirates, but as you get maroon´d when being defeated by them, I guess you loose all as well.
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost to Mendoza one time. Instead of being captured, I jumped overboard. Pretty cool animation, but I don't want to see it very often.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: