Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Dealing with Mutiny at sea...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Dealing with Mutiny at sea... Reply with quote

I am curious as to whether anyone else has tried or experienced this method of dealing with mutiny at sea.

I tend to try and not divide my plunder or put it off for as long as possible therefore mutiny seems to be inevitable. When my first mate steals one of my ships with some crew and a score of gold I then chase him down and defeat him only to take back my ship and my gold....as well as the mutinous crew. Now what I've been doing is to not allow the mutinous crew back aboard but obviously keep the ship and the gold. After this my current crew is always content and in some cases happy.

In the end I just thought that this may be a method of dealing with mutiny and if the game sees this as a way of establishing control or leadership to where the crew then respect you more for keeping them in line and dealing with mutiny swiftly, harshly and unforgivingly.

If anyone else has tried or experienced this please let me know what you think. Wink
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It´s sure worth trying out. Though it would make the whole crew happiness thing worthless. Wait till they mutiny, cature them back and they´re happy ever after Confused
blarghus
Powder Monkey

21 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it's the patch, but the game won't let me attack any ships that mutinied from me.
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimmelshausen wrote:
It´s sure worth trying out. Though it would make the whole crew happiness thing worthless. Wait till they mutiny, cature them back and they´re happy ever after Confused

Well not quite, I mean think about it this way the portion of the crew that are unhappy mutiny and leave stealing a ship of yours and some of your gold. So when you catch up with them you take back your ship, your gold but not the unhappy mutinous crew members. Now to me that seems to thin the herd or weed out the bad seeds...especially when your raking in the gold and yet nothing appeases the crew.

No they will not be happy ever after but you've eliminated the bulk of the unhappy crew at this point.

I never said it was all together ethical but then again you are a pirate and there is a pirate code to be upheld and mutiny clearly violates the code. Wink
littlebktruck
Powder Monkey

388 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of one thing that I think is strange about this game. As far as I know, mutiny was a crime punishable by death. Yet the governor of the country of the captain that you just mutinied against welcomes you with open arms!
Daedalus
Powder Monkey

498 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littlebktruck wrote:
That reminds me of one thing that I think is strange about this game. As far as I know, mutiny was a crime punishable by death. Yet the governor of the country of the captain that you just mutinied against welcomes you with open arms!

Very true...although I think it was based on your abilities as a captain and that's what made it a rather dangerous and often short lived profession. But either way your right and I've had bounties on my head in excess of 100,000 dabloons and usually can easily buy amnesty from a nearby friendly jesuit mission! Wink
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iffen you just touch a port while the Moral icon in blinking, some of the crew will jump ship (taking -0- money with them) and you are left with a viable crew.

(Costs 7 days and no money)
Grimmelshausen
Cutthroat

1811 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There´s just one problem: There´s no such thing as "mutiny" on a pirate´s ship. Think about if, if pirates could vote a new captain every time they liked and exercised their right, that´s not precisely mutiny. Well, perhaps in the eye of the until-then captain, but it´s really a question of the point of view. On the other hand, deserting post is a crime to be punished by death (if I recall correctly, the phrase is "any man to leave his post in time of fight shall be maroon´d or hanged"). So, mutiny (or rather re-election) is what happened in Pirates! Gold, when you sometimes had to do a swordfight if the crew was extremely unhappy. And afterwards a lot of crew left the ship, taking a good part of the gold with them. Does something alike happen in pirates as well? Or do the uncontent just go off with one of the ships?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: