Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Role-playing is weird here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derfasciti
Powder Monkey

626 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Role-playing is weird here... Reply with quote

On most forums, role-playing is when the members get together and have their characters interact with eachother. Does this ever happen here?
Corsair Teabag
Swabbie

1069 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be for it.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thus far only occasionally at Westley's Tavern, I think...

In fact, I think it would be a nice idea to move that thread here...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Howie
Helmsman

45890 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Role-playing is weird here... Reply with quote

Derfasciti wrote:
On most forums, role-playing is when the members get together and have their characters interact with eachother. Does this ever happen here?

I'll second what Wolf just said. Derfasciti start us off and we'll follow your lead. Good idea...
Swabbie

1069 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem with forum RPing is the lack of organization. There are a few cool boards over at Gamefaqs that do a wonderful job.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I've seen some RPGing on forum boards before and it soon ends up not being that interesting anymore (everyone has their own rules on what can happen and take place and the "story" is lost). In fact, a couple of the RPG threads that we have had on this forum were kinda "continue the story from your character's point of view" but they died rather quickly, mostly because of lack of participation. They managed to be rather entertaining as long as they lasted, so you may want to check them out.

Having been a Storyteller-type of game master in my early years, I'd say that, in order to turn out a good RPG thread, you need to have someone in charge of it. Everything that the players say and do is to be judged and approved by the GM who then connects it all together into one coherent story. The players would still have extensive input, but no sudden twists of the plot would occur as in loose-ended RPG threads.

The downside is that it would be a tough job to handle for anyone volunteering to be the GM.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... Several multiple posts removed. Managed to try to post just when Falc was updating the thingy and some strange things happened... Surprised
Amanda
Powder Monkey

937 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really interested in role-playing with myself because then it seems like I'm just writing a story. I've role-played at many other forums where people could interact with each other and it went very well. As long as there are mature people participating in it, there aren't many problems usually. I think it would be worth a try. Maybe a new forum could be created to avoid confusion between different types of role-playing topics. I'd definitely participate it.
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a big D&D fan in my high school years. Role playing is not new to me. Crank it up!!

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there was a role-playing theme going on in the early days of this website. But that was before the release of the game, and ever since the role-play died down to nothing.

Each of the members played a specific character and they all interacted with one another. During the interaction, Falconer, would pull a surprise twist in proceeding which would make the rope-playing go in a different direction.

View the CI:RP Chapter 2 thread for an example of what went on. There was actually some really good writing happening.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing a few of the characters myself and we had a great idea where to go with the RPG and to keep it going but the lack of participation killed both me and Falconers fun of it ... that and we had a lot to do at the time... maybe when we slow down some we can start off where we left off on the story... It was rather fun Rping with everyone ... plus it was a way for members to earn some extra gold being active in our RPs Wink

Well we might have a go at it again when my time is more open. Or maybe you could start a thread for specific RP...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Derfasciti
Powder Monkey

626 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for some RPing but I wouldn't be a good Game Master at all, I think. So who's actually serious about RPing, and/or being a GM? is there another way to set this up and go about this?
Sullaford
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be into doing this. Sounds like great fun, not to mention it could be one crazy cool story.
Sullaford
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well most there were quite a few people who posted that they'd be interested. It's a shame no one has acted on it. I would... but I get the feeling I would not be the best person to organize it.
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

As a newbie here at CI, but an avid and extremely experience RPG'er, I will post something to start like a chapter 3, and see if you all want to take off with it.

Sound Good?

I will start my Chapter 3 version, and insert my character/self into it in an interesting way.

If you all like it, post it up. Sailor

Break forth cutlasses and pistols men, and remember the hell that forged you!!

YARR!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: