Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Patch 1.0.2 is on the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great minds think alike... but we need better timing, Wolfwood. Wink
Vulture
Gunner

606 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
I think there is some confusion between the two patches that have been released.

The first one came out soon after the game was released and was a FIX not a patch, meant to help with the problems some had with the security of the game DVDs and CDs. This was not to be installed unless you had problems.

The second patch was US only and promised to fix quite a few gameplay problems, including the bigged treasure fleet and avoid the "capture and convert the same town a zillion times and become a duke for every nation" bug etc. This patch was released for the purposes of everyone installing it. Unfortunately, this patch rather increased the number of bugs than decreased them (captains of the guard changing appearance, impossibility to convert a town that you had converted previously but had been recaptured etc.).

It is my sincere hope that the new patch will incorperate a fix to correct the bugs in the first patch. I did not install the first patch after reading all the scuttlebutt that was posted about it. ( A great deal of credit goes to Rupert for his expert analisys on this.) I will look forward to seeing what exactly they have come up with.

32 brightly polished cannons, a bottle o'rum, ahh..... a pirates life for me!
QBRADQ
Seaman

4756 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikky, you guys are right about the port sacking thingy. I just poped into my game to test it out.

Very early in my game, I was sacking towns for the Dutch. The Florida Keys were one of those cities. I remeber it very clearly because I used it as a base to harase Havana for many, many years. Now, for the past two decades of game time, I have been roaming around the sea hunting down Monty and Raymondo, and going after lost cities and pirate treasures. I pass by the Florida Keys on a regular basis, as Nassur (sp) is my new base of opperations. The Keys have changed nationalities a lot over the course of time.

Anyway, final point is, I can't attack the Keys, even though it's been over twenty years since I last attacked the place, and even though it has been changing hands at the whim of the computer AI through invasions. This is seriously wacked out. Perhaps there should be a patch warning sticked somewhere? (Or perhaps there is, and I missed it?)

Anyway, I suppose I'll be uninstalling and reinstalling. I do like being able to tell what my ransomes are, as I have titles with every nation. However, sacking towns is vital to my stratagy. And I don't care about the treasure fleet, there really isn't very much gold.

As a final point, if anyone in the loop is reading this, bring back the silver train! That was my favorite part of the old versions. Greater risk for greater reward, that's the way. Plus, it was a prize worth tracking down on the Spanish Main.

P.S.
The bar fight bug is drasticaly different for me. Instead of Mendoza, it's a lot of different people, including named pirates. And just a few hours ago, it was Ramondo. This might be explained by the fact that Ramondo was in that town, and I fought him right after that. I.E., I had to fight the officer in the bar (that looked like Raymondo) in order to talk to the barkeep, who then let me fight the real Raymondo, who was much harder.

*rummages through the CD stack*
QBRADQ
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how many times I tell people, they never seem to understand this ->

(not previously mentioned in this thread)

Your "Captain of the Guard" opponent is now based on your rank!!!

Lower rank captain, lower ranking opponent.

Duke gets that grey haired dud.
QBRADQ2

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. But I was still seeing some of the named pirates in there as well. Unless I'm just off on that, and need new glasses.
Drug Lord11
Swabbie

1313 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ2 wrote:
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. But I was still seeing some of the named pirates in there as well. Unless I'm just off on that, and need new glasses.

Why don't you just take a screenshot when ever you see a named pirate in the tavern, and just post it here.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drug Lord11 wrote:
QBRADQ2 wrote:
Why don't you just take a screenshot when ever you see a named pirate in the tavern, and just post it here.
How about a screenshot of the Alternate Montalban?
QBRADQ2

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any screenies, and I have since reinstalled to get rid of the patch.

However, the "alternate" Monty looked just like the normal Monty, but without the crest thingy on his hat.

Q-MAN-CHEW!
QBRADQ
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ2 wrote:
I don't have any screenies, and I have since reinstalled to get rid of the patch.

However, the "alternate" Monty looked just like the normal Monty, but without the crest thingy on his hat.

Q-MAN-CHEW!
QBRADQ
How did you like the alternate Montalban's eye patch that wasn't there!
QBRADQ2

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't notice if he had an eye patch or not.

Kay, I would like to say right now that I'm not that familiar with what all the various NPCs look like in this game, as I've only been playing it a week now, and I'm usualy concentrating more on the action than on the asthetics.

I'll look through my screenies to see if I can find one of those NPCs that I thought were out of place, but the only bar fight I can remember capturing is the one with that fat guy that's on my Avatar now.

Ahh heck, this is getting WAY OT. If I find something, I'll post it in another thread on this board.

QBRADQ
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QBRADQ2 wrote:

Q-MAN-CHEW!
QBRADQ

QBRADQ2 wrote:
Didn't notice if he had an eye patch or not.

Kay, I would like to say right now that I'm not that familiar with what all the various NPCs look like in this game, as I've only been playing it a week now, and I'm usualy concentrating more on the action than on the asthetics.

I'll look through my screenies to see if I can find one of those NPCs that I thought were out of place, but the only bar fight I can remember capturing is the one with that fat guy that's on my Avatar now.

Ahh heck, this is getting WAY OT. If I find something, I'll post it in another thread on this board.

QBRADQ
In case you don't understand what you have said, I'll translate it for you.

You have just admitted that you don't know what you are talking about.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, let's be nice here. We were all new at some point!

The alternate Montalban that Rupert refers to is not in the game normally. You have to edit the game files to have him appear. There are some of these unused character graphics in the game files that were not used for one reason or the other and were left on the released CDs/DVDs by mistake / on purpose...
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Drug Lord11
Swabbie

1313 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
You have to edit the game files to have him appear. There are some of these unused character graphics in the game files that were not used for one reason or the other and were left on the released CDs/DVDs by mistake / on purpose...
And how do I edit these unused character v graphics.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is about the patch 1.0.2 coming out. please refrain from talking about anything else unless it referes to this thread. If you need help modding something please discuss in the MODDING section.

Please out of courtesy to everyone lets move this thread back into discussing the outcome or future of patch 1.0.2 that is supposed to be a patch for the everyone this time

Speaking of.. wondering what they are patching ??? hmmm.

Last edited by PiratesFan on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
QBRADQ2

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'spose the devy guys don't work over the weekend. Hopefuly they'll provide some of the info I requested earlier over the next week or two. That'd be great.

Also, does anyone know if the developer or publisher has released any statments regarding the bugs and (semi)game-breaking "features" introduced with the current patch? If so, where can I find it? If not, I think we (or at the very least, I) would like such a statemnet, even if it's just a one-liner marketting cliche.

Here's hoping
QBRADQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: