Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

My Promised Return!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: My Promised Return!!! Reply with quote

YES, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

The Scourge of the Oceans, the Menace in the Water, the bearer of unconditional affection to massive ships with loads of guns, the infamous Devil Chicken has returned to haunt the pages of HoP!

China was great (Except the Chinese are really annoying), but now that I'm back on duty, I have not a moment to waste! I have promised this to many of you for a long time, and so, without any further ado, the BIGGEST BOUNTY EVER.

Note that the game wasn't expecting me to reach that high - it's lacking a comma after the 1 Wink

The greatest thing was that this is the end of an 8-SOL-FLEET game, so it's an all-in-one. Having ridiculous amounts of money (Close to 1.5M) I was able to keep the whole crew content long enough to actually finish all the quests, making this a Triple:
* 1M Bounty
* 8 SotL Fleet
* 126 points.

The hard part, of course was getting the remaining ranks from the English (Who by now were upset enough to sell the queen to whomever catches me).
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, though. I just sailed off to the Spanish Main and took ALL of it for the Limeys (Phew, the battle of Cartagena was nasty). Apparently owning half of the caribbean finally convinced them to forgive me for killing somewhere between 100,000 to 500,000 English mariners (I'm a sinker).

P.S.
Apparently, capturing enemies instead of sinking them is more lucrative in terms of bounty, so to speed up Bounty collection I had to let one SOL go and capture a War Canoe in its stead. I later caught ANOTHER SOL (This time from the french), and replaced the War Canoe before ending the game. Also, Merchants are less Bounty-Lucrative than warships (of any kind).

P.P.S.
It was only when I switched to killing Spaniards instead of English (Which I haven't done for a Looooo-hoooo-hooooong time) that I realized how much simpler it is to fight their ships. GOD those galleons are great targets for 48-gun salutes (Just thinking about those 48 salvos firing makes my spine tingle). And they don't sink half as easy as merchantmen and brigs.

P.P.P.S.
Soon to receive computer upgrades, so expect some good shots of the 8-SOL in the near future.

P.P.P.P.S.

It's great to be home.

Peace to all (Except in the Windward Islands).

Last edited by headrock on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Headrock! Nice timing... I just got this screenshot a few days ago, which I think you should appreciate:

Sometimes, the gods of random selection get it right Mr. Green
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh heh, now how did you get that to happen? Smile
(Or, more importantly, how do I?)

P.S.
Having two Pollo Diablos would be very confusing. I'm afraid I may have to blast your picture to smithereens (Reflex)

Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welcome back headrock Arr!
That sure is a mighty tale you share with us!! Congrats with a great result Smile Cheers!! Arr! Buddies Arr!
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hola, El Pollo Diablo! Hi

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fossaman wrote:

at last, food fit for a Fossa!
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
fossaman wrote:

at last, food fit for a Fossa!

But Devil Chickens eat Fossa. Then they explode violently with the fury of the underworld, and stuff.

P.S. Love the monkey Very Happy

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back home Headrock.

You going to enter the dance contest?
fossaman
Gunner

3515 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry. Last time my Fossa was on a poultry diet (Parrots) it got indigestion. I had to switch to Purina's Monkey Meat Fossa Chow.

Like my fossa? He's a pirate! Razz
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can´t say "welcome back!", because i didn´t meet you before -but i´ve read and heard a lot about you

Then, nice to meet you!!! Hi Smile (and, BTW, Innocent nice to see your GREAT mod of the spanish barmaid... could you say me when can i get it? Oops or blush
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:
I can´t say "welcome back!", because i didn´t meet you before -but i´ve read and heard a lot about you

Heh heh heh the legacy lived on, eh? Well met, I think I answered some of your posts sometime though. Oh yeah, the ones about getting 5 SOLs, congratz, that's quite an achievement. Now go get 8 Smile

Javi wrote:
Then, nice to meet you!!! Hi Smile (and, BTW, Innocent nice to see your GREAT mod of the spanish barmaid... could you say me when can i get it? Oops or blush

It was so long ago... heh... I think I just surfed through the official site. I'll upload the mod to this site though, so no worries.

CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
Heh heh heh, now how did you get that to happen? Smile
(Or, more importantly, how do I?)

There is a file stored in the Lang0.fpk file (in the Pirates! Assets folder) named, in the US version, shipnames_enu.txt (I assume the non-US versions have something other than the 'enu') which lists the names assigned to ships that appear in the game, grouped by nation (Dutch, English, French, pirate, and Spanish) and, within each nation, type (merchant, warship, privateer).

You can extract the file (using an FPK Packer utility), change the names that are there and add new ones, then put it into the Custom folder to override the "default". (I go into this in more detail in my thread on Modding the Text.Ini and Other Files, in the SMP Modding & Customization forum at The Pirate Haven: http://piratehaven.net/phpbb2/index.php).

headrock wrote:
P.S.
Having two Pollo Diablos would be very confusing. I'm afraid I may have to blast your picture to smithereens (Reflex)

No problem, that El Pollo Diablo was sold as soon as I could reach port (impressive to look at, but a reasonably equipped brig could take her easily).

BTW, are Parrots classifiable as poultry? Wink
Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
Javi wrote:

Heh heh heh the legacy lived on, eh? Well met, I think I answered some of your posts sometime though. Oh yeah, the ones about getting 5 SOLs, congratz, that's quite an achievement. Now go get 8 Smile

Javi wrote:

It was so long ago... heh... I think I just surfed through the official site. I'll upload the mod to this site though, so no worries.

ouh, true! I didn´t remeber it!! Do you remeber that i´m gonna try to get 10 SOLT.. .heee... after i got the sixth, well, i never see other again!! hehe

Thanks for the mods!!!
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javi wrote:

ouh, true! I didn´t remeber it!! Do you remeber that i´m gonna try to get 10 SOLT.. .heee... after i got the sixth, well, i never see other again!! hehe

Thanks for the mods!!!

Heh, well, the funny thing is that after I got 8 of them in one fleet, I fought with at least 5 more over the next two years of gametime. I remember someone said not lng ago that SOLs are like girlfriends - when you don't have one, it's hard to get one, but once you get one, they all seem to be lining up. It's really sad to sink a SOL though, probably one of them most unpleasant experiences. Then again, a SOL-to-SOL fight is such a huge pleasure.

Javi
Cutthroat

2778 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

headrock wrote:
Javi wrote:

Thanks for the mods!!!

Heh, well, the funny thing is that after I got 8 of them in one fleet, I fought with at least 5 more over the next two years of gametime. I remember someone said not lng ago that SOLs are like girlfriends - when you don't have one, it's hard to get one, but once you get one, they all seem to be lining up. It's really sad to sink a SOL though, probably one of them most unpleasant experiences..

Yep, for me, it´s the same when i had to sell all my SOTL (actually, i keep one in my fleet)... my treasureeeee Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: