Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Empire Earth II
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the game finally.... Yeah...

Now, I am just waiting for my wife's business trip next Mon/Tue... so I can perform "research & analysis" on this game myself...

Ok... probably with the assistance of my two girls... (Need to turn them into a fellow gamers... So, I would have legit reason to buy games... In the name of EDUCATIONAL benefit)

Smile
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman wrote:
I got the game finally.... Yeah...

Now, I am just waiting for my wife's business trip next Mon/Tue... so I can perform "research & analysis" on this game myself...

Ok... probably with the assistance of my two girls... (Need to turn them into a fellow gamers... So, I would have legit reason to buy games... In the name of EDUCATIONAL benefit)

Smile

Um the edumactional value of this game is kill or be killed... Although the tutorials and the campaigns aren't bad for history lessons. You will find more value out of Civ games then this but for pure fun and enjoyment excpet the airports .. keeping those planes in check drive me up the wall every thing else is lots of fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sullaford
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

The funny thing is I think that more and more people who do have kids who are major gamers are going to try to influence their kids to play games, where as parents before us really did not like the idea of us sitting around playing games.
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I have bought a few games for my kids...

Barbie ones, Jonah, math and reading skill games... And I limit their game time to 30 minutes a week only...

Between Tae Kwon Do, Piano and other lessons... They are "burned out". Hehehe... That's how I got time for game!!!!

Twisted Evil
headrock
Rigger

354 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Empire Earth gave me a whole lot of understanding on a lot of the era involved. Dunno about the second one, I didn't get much chance to advance before the CD failed on me (damned Chinese fakes Wink)

Airsaw
Rigger

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullaford wrote:
Quote:

The funny thing is I think that more and more people who do have kids who are major gamers are going to try to influence their kids to play games, where as parents before us really did not like the idea of us sitting around playing games.
Then, I count myself lucky. If us kids, and there are five in my family, were "busy playing a game," it got us out of doing work. Going to ball practice was counted the same as doing chores. My mom would even challenge us to a game of Scrabble, or Parcheesi. My dad taught me the rudiments of chess, and both Monopoly and Risk were as critical to the house as the kitchen sink and the bicycle pump. At the time, we took it as natural. Later, meeting other people, we found it was an exception. But, we still had to mow the yard, wash the car, vacume the house and do the dishes. Yes my friends, there was a time when you actually used those two sinks sitting side by side for something.

I don't know what memory I treasure most, washing dishes with my little brother (he washes, I dry), or beating him at a game of 21 on the roundball court in the yard.
Swabbie

453 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Later, meeting other people, we found it was an exception.

For the most part it is an exception, yea. My mother hated it when I would be playing instead of doing the chores. More often than not I would try to do the chores in the last hour I had before she got home. Now on the other hand I loved going to little league practice. Once I was too old for little league and not nearly good enough for the next level I started working as an umpire. It was rather fun ruling over kids but a year younger than I was... and getting paid to do it! Heheheheh! But yea, I learned the board games when we went on vacations to Cape Cod and rarely got to play with my parents at any other point in time. I asked a lot too. Oh well. To each family their own I guess. Me, I plan on playing games(preferably board games) with my kids when I get the chance as much as I can.
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sullaford wrote:

Yeah, my parents still hate me sitting in front of the pc, although they have no problem with themselves sitting in front of the tv all day long Wink
At least i think pc is no worse than tv, socially or in any other way Question
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least in front of a pc there is some interaction with other human beings.. The TV never talks back to you ... hmmm ... so which is better
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiratesFan wrote:
At least in front of a pc there is some interaction with other human beings.. The TV never talks back to you ... hmmm ... so which is better

That's a good point, PF! Wink
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My neighbor... he is well in his high 60... had recently got into gaming last year by his kids...

His kids are in their teenage years... They have 4 desktops in their study room... all networked.

I walked in yesterday... and they were all playing the same MASSIVE MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE game... (They have speaker phone on... apprently talking with their fellow gamers on the other line).

Boy... I guess it is never too late to learn to play... Wink
Guru
Gunner

1240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The almost 70-year old man and his three teenage kids playing the same game? I should have seen it Smile
Which game did they play? Was it World of Warcraft or some other MMP?
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havn't play enough multi-players games to know Sad and I didn't ask... but it had tanks running on terrain. I suppose you still have to buy the game (fat client)... then the movement is transmit to the host of the current game and distribute to other end stations...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: