Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

South of Campeche?? hunting for really lost city
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillieT
Powder Monkey

67 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: South of Campeche?? hunting for really lost city Reply with quote

Im not sure how to post a pic, but i can say that people have been asking how to find things "SOUTH EAST" of Campeche, But this map says "SOUTH" and there is no water or coastal landmarks on the map...ive wandered forever starting at each coastal landmark from Villa hemosa...to the bay of Honduras and the "lost Lake" and i still cant find it Crying or Very sad If anyone has some advice as to where to start looking, im all ears and i would be eternaly gratefull! Wink
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried running into various landmarks to see whether you can walk through them or if they block your way?
- When they block your way, you are close to the correct area.

Also, landmarks should be more numerous in the vicinity of the correct location.
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
WillieT
Powder Monkey

67 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i didnt try that! Cool, I will give it a try, thanks for the tip. I did find a place where landmarks are quite numerous, but i didnt try to wall thru them.
WillieT
Powder Monkey

67 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to let you know Wolfwood, it worked!!! I found the site that i could not walk thru landmarks, and poof, a few more minutes of hunting and the really lost city was found!!! THANKS! Smile I sybolically give you half of the 50,000 gold loot!
ledhed
Cutthroat

3392 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm didn't know that meself ...you can walk through landmarks ? They always seem to block me .
TheSpanishRenegade
Cutthroat

1674 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here... I had no clue that you could go through them...

ledhed wrote:
Hmmm didn't know that meself ...you can walk through landmarks ? They always seem to block me .

I guess that means you're always in the right place then... Very Happy
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieT wrote:
just wanted to let you know Wolfwood, it worked!!! I found the site that i could not walk thru landmarks, and poof, a few more minutes of hunting and the really lost city was found!!! THANKS! Smile I sybolically give you half of the 50,000 gold loot!

Good to hear that it worked! I'll use the gold on some imaginary aged rum! Nervous
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: