Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The adventures of Tarrant Avery
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: The adventures of Tarrant Avery Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have read or at least seen Krifos' very entertaining 'The Capture of Margarita' postings and these have given me an idea.

I don't know if/how it will work out, but I'd like to try and see if we can put some sort of story together in a chain-story of sorts.

The idea is this:

I start a story and then others can add to it, creating one big story as we go along. There are some rules though. Wink

1) Write and be serious about what you're writing.
2) After you post, you have to wait for at least 2 others to post as well before you can post again.
3) You can't post more than one paragraph at a time and the paragraph has to fit into the white text area that the forum gives you to reply with.

You're free to give the story a new spin, but it has to be a smooth transition. I'll explain. The main character, named Tarrant Avery, starts out in the midst of a battle at sea. If you would like him to go to a city, the battle needs to be concluded first and it has to be done gracefully. Smile

Perhaps more rules will appear overtime, but these should be a good start.

In the post below, I'll kickstart the adventure!

Last edited by Falconer on Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: canonballs came flying Reply with quote

Tarrant sighed in relief... Canonballs had come flying overhead and if he hadn't just kneeled in front of a wounded crewmember, he'd most certainly have died. Instead the ball hit the main mast that consequently broke off. Even if they would survive this fight, it wouldn't be easy to get to port like this. He looked around and saw the captain shouting orders to get ready for boarding. Their barge was almost close enough for grapling and tension was rising among the crew. Even at 19 years old, Tarrant had been part of many battles yet it never ceased to make him nervous. The roar of cannons filled the air once more right before the creaking and grinding of wood announced the ships crunching into eachother. Guns fired, men shouted and battle was joined. Jumping into the fray, Tarrant wondered briefly if he'd survive this one too. All such thoughts were quickly abandoned as he engaged a big black man that was coming at him with a cutlass in one hand and a dirk in the other.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:55 am    Post subject: I'll give it a go.... Reply with quote

Tarrant shivered at the sight of this huge man. The gigantic figure blocked the sun from Tarrant's eyes as he moved closer. Although he was frightened beyond belief, Tarrant knew that he would have to fight if he was to survive. He pulled out his cutlass and began waving it aimlessly in the general direction of his attacker. Suddenly, as he was thrusting his sword, he heard the loud sound of another volley of cannon shots. The huge black man fell over onto Tarrant's cutlass. He was dead. Although he had fallen onto Tarrant's thrusting sword, he was already dead, hit in the head by cannon shrapnel.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Falconer

You may need to change the posting rules to just one post between your own posts, or else this story is never gonna get anywhere.
Especially while this site is still in its infancy...

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bump this up the list a bit, if that's OK Falconer.

Now that there are a few more registered members, there might be a chance of adding to the story. Wink

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, good thinking. Smile
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant relieved once again being the novice of such adventures on the high sea. Looked over at the ship that was firing upon them a few seconds ago. Not realizing what was happening. Why did the firing sieze. As he looked into there blank stare faces, he beginned to realize that this man was no ordinary man. It was their captain. They though Tarrant killed him. The irony of it, was that there own cannons pushed him into his sword that was given to him by his father. Tarrant stared back over at the other ship. Looking for the words to say as not to lose the moment of what he realized and what they realized. Being just a scrub on this pinnace he was on and looking for adventure on the high seas. He...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He yelled as loud and demanding as he could to the other ship. "Hold your weapons! Your Captain lay dead by my hand and I claim his ship as my own!" Many cautious seconds went by as the men chewed over what he had just said and at once let out a huge cheer. Tarrant looked toward his Captain who smiled and nodded his approval. After he had been helped aboard he learned that the previous Captain had been a horrible bear and routinely tortured his crew for his fancy. They had not dared mutiny, since he had never been wounded in combat before. They accepted him as their Captain and the previous first-mate asked where they would make sail. "Anywhere", Tarrant replied, "anywhere but here." With that the newly acquired merchantman set sail for the horizon.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant reclined back in a chair in the captain's quarters on his newly acquired ship thinking of all the days events. He was so relieved to come unscathed through another battle and to become captain of this ship. To be honest he thought to himself that he didn't know the first thing about being a pirate captain. He looked at the desk in front of him. There were a number of maps piled up on top of it. Maybe he could determine where to go after he looked at a few of them. As Tarrant started looking over the maps, there was a knock at the door....

AKA. Will Scarlett.
PiratesFan
Rigger

23509 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy hollars "Captain, come look. A small Pinnace off in the distance" Tarrant puts down the maps he had been shuffling through. Still unsure where he is going to go, He opens the door and sees the man looking at him. "Hurry," the guy says "The ships off the starboard bow." Tarrant walks with the man over to the starboard and looks over at the ship. Still not close enough to tell. Tarrant barks a command to get closer. The sluggish merchantman ship heads in the direction of the pinnace as the pinnace heads in there direction. AS they approach an English flag is flying. "They are hailing to us captain!" Tarrant getting a closer look, notices it is as Captain John Malmeduke. The guy he served under before he was assigned to the ship before this one. The Captain noticing him......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Capt-JakBlak
Swabbie

193 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Captain noticing him grins and yells to his former shipmate, "What did ya do, lad, push old Gunther overboard and sell his ship?" Tarrant never truly liked the man; he had always made him the butt of his jokes. The first-mate could hear Tarrant grinding his teeth as he tried to keep his posture. He whispered into Tarrant's ear, "You know we could wait and board her, Captain. She doesn't look that hard of a prize and an extra ship is an extra ship, begging your parton, Captain." Tarrant fumbled with the idea in his mind and stopped grinding his teeth. He could show this pompous twit just exactly what he had done and what he could do. He was still smiling when the Pinnace with Captain Malmeduke came within grappling range.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant really thought hard about the idea, and had heard that Malmeduke had been raiding some of the smaller English colonies of the West Indies recently, becoming more and more bolder in his raids. Capturing Malmeduke, his smallish crew and his ship could pay handsome dividends with the local governors of the region. Tarrant had met with the governor of St.Kitts and his lovely daughter on a previous voyage, one where he had been serving Malmeduke, and knew that the governor was not overly fond of Malmeduke. As a bonus, he was sure that the governors daughter had taken a likening to himself, and getting in the governors good books would do his chances with the daughter no harm.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd bump up this thread again for all the newbies to this site. The more people who know about it, the longer the story will get.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Falconer
Captain

2865 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Feel free to further this story as well. Smile
Arrrr
Seaman

1347 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarrant stepped aboard Mamleduke's decks, and forced his features into a smile as his former Captain approached. A quick glance around the decks revealed that many of the people who had served with Tarrant in his younger days were still aboard, and some were now quite old. A few had missing legs, others had missing eyes. Tarrants' younger, fitter crew flowed freely over the side railing, and he saw that his men now outnumbered the opposition, so he reached out to shake Mamleduke's hand. Suddenly, before Mamleduke's crew had any time to react, Tarrant pulled a small dirk with his other hand and stabbed Mamleduke with it. A roar 'Treachery' erupted around the ship as Tarrant's new men drew cutlasses stuck haphazardly in belts and began to lay into the unprepared crew. However, the experience of Mamleduke's crew quickly began to assert itself, and seeing as his men were being pushed back, Tarrant jumped into the fray...

EDIT: Sorry, just checked rules in first post and my post didn't comply, so I changed it a little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: