Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Should I play the game, lads?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpt John Fabris
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Methinks Sir pirate you'll nay offend the lady 'less your words are offered in jest.
Forgive me however, I should not deign to impugn your honour without due cause and provocation.

A word of warning m'lady, be mindful of the motives of thy fawning suitors. 'Tis is it not said, 'sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth'?
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind Pirate?

Please young lass, do not confuse chivalry with kindness.

I treat all women with kindness and chivalry, that is until I have reason to treat them otherwise.

However, as a pirate, the less survivors I have to deal with, the better, if you take my meaning.

I am completely loyal to my family, ruthless to my enemies, and a gentlemen when cavorting with friends, especially of the fairer sex.

Break forth cutlasses and pistols men, and remember the hell that forged you!!

YARR!!
Angel of the Seas
Swabbie

2335 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpt John Fabris wrote:
A word of warning m'lady, be mindful of the motives of thy fawning suitors. 'Tis is it not said, 'sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth'?

While I am not blind to that notion, I do believe there is some good in everyone. Besides, I do not become weak to sweet words, but, rather, take all things into consideration. Some people truly are genuine; not everyone wears a mask all the time.
Angel of the Seas
Swabbie

2335 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azlat wrote:
Kind Pirate?

Please young lass, do not confuse chivalry with kindness.

I treat all women with kindness and chivalry, that is until I have reason to treat them otherwise.

However, as a pirate, the less survivors I have to deal with, the better, if you take my meaning.

I am completely loyal to my family, ruthless to my enemies, and a gentlemen when cavorting with friends, especially of the fairer sex.

Of course, by "kind," I meant only that. You do seem to be, as you said, a chivalrous, loyal pirate. You know the proper times to be a gentleman :)
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*The Oldman walks back from the tavern once more with his new kegs of rum... *

Young men and lady... MOVE!!! Can't you see you are making the elderly man work overtime ... how many kegs of my rum do you intend to ruin?

* The Oldman overheard the heated debate over lady's potential suitor's affair*

The Lady from the good stock, Angie... if I may... If a man (or pirate) loves you, it should not be weighted on wether the man can talk sweet or not... but by brute action.

Darn it... I was young once... when I saw what I like... I took it... the good old fashion pirate's way. There is nothing more geniune than grab hold of the lady, and express your appreciation in the most basic way...

Well... perhaps you are all too young to know... or I am too old to understand...

Any way... you make your own choice.

Now... once again... DO NOT RUIN MY RUM!!!
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Bows quickly to Angel**

Thank you again m'lady, I look forward to our adventures here on Cutlass isle.

**Turning to Capt. Fabris.**

Sir, well put, concerning the tounge being the sharpest tooth. I can appreciate your candor in this matter. However, good sir, I do not consider myself a suitor toward this fine young lass, but as a comrade in arms.

Lest we all be Pirates, we are, at the core, friends.

Well met sir, I wish you fair winds and following seas.

YARR!!
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Oldman double takes**

**The man he sees as Azlat is far from young. Best he can estimate is the lad has seen at least 25 years on the seas.**

Oldman, do not assume that everyone here is a young lad. I am more than sure you and I have sailed the seas far longer than any of these youngsters ever have.

Let me help you with that barrel, and did you ever get your peg reworked by the carpenter here in town?

**Oldman, while I contend you are, well...the Oldman here...your probably not much older than me. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss the amount of sea air we have breathed.**

YARR!!
Angel of the Seas
Swabbie

2335 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not misunderstand, Azlat, I never once thought that you were trying to be my "suitor." I just saw you as a courteous and noble pirate, as you are, indeed.

As for you, Oldman, you are extremely wise. Love is not sweet words. It is so much more, and I know that well. Among all of its complexities, love really needs no words. A genuine embrace, a look so deep into your lover's eyes that you can see into the depths of their soul, a kiss so true that the two hearts forever entwine in that moment. It's from the heart, the soul, the mind.. fate. Yes, love is more than sweet words and common clichés. If only everyone could see that. Could I offer to help you with your rum?
Cpt John Fabris
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman wrote:
Young men

It would appear the Oldman is not above offering compliments himself...

Well Met Sir Azlat. I am indeed glad we are in good standing. One can never predict when need for comrades in arms might arise, what with the accursed Spaniards barking at door at the most inopportune moments.

I fear the lady has been miscast as victim (potentially at least) rather than vixen. For that was truly a masterful performance at gaining the Oldman's confidence that she might relieve him of his rum. I yield unto thee Mistress of the Seas.

Very Happy
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angel of the Seas wrote:
Could I offer to help you with your rum?[/color]

Sure... You look like a strong lass afterall... You can help me with this barrel here. My dwelling is on the outskirt of the town... just right around the corner from the dock. It has very nice view of sunset...

*As Angie reaches out for Oldman's keg... The Oldman turns to the young pirates / gentlemen*

Now now... there is no reason to get overly stress out over the courtship of this fine lady... I think yall just need to get your head straight. If the love is destined to be true... then it will come around to bring the two of you together... (or in my case... it never did... since I departed Santa Domingo 20yrs ago... left that beautiful daughter of governor on the dock... weeping... no less)... but... that in itself was a whole other story which I am sure you care not to know...

Now Angie... the day ain't getting any younger... and I am surely aging by the second standing around doing nothing ... (Well... now you see why this old man is always ... grumpy... and no wife...)
Cpt John Fabris
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman wrote:

Sure... My dwelling is on the outskirt of the town... just right around the corner from the dock. It has very nice view of sunset...

My word! What a sly old fox...'lie back and think England' indeed... Couldn't do it better myself. Possibly rather less subtly, but not better.
Wink

oldman wrote:
courtship of this fine lady... I think yall just need to get your head straight. If the love is destined to be true... then it will come around to bring the two of you together...

I shall presume you are talking about either of us (young men) and the lady, rather than some ungodly deviant tryst. I shall state for the record that that sort of behaviour is certainly not allowed on my ship. At least not since finding the first mate showing roger the cabin boy his booty so to speak.
Hmmm I digress. I am inclined to have a girl in every port (never know where one's credit wil run dry), or at least a port in every girl...actually make that a bottle of port in every girl. Ensures they are suitably pliant.
Very Happy

oldman wrote:
left that beautiful daughter of governor on the dock... weeping... no less)

Infinitely preferable to leaving her with child. Unless that was why she was weeping. I do rather hope you cleaned out her father first..afterall the brethren have a reputation to uphold.
oldman
Rigger

483 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpt John Fabris wrote:
Hmmm I digress. I am inclined to have a girl in every port (never know where one's credit wil run dry), or at least a port in every girl...actually make that a bottle of port in every girl. Ensures they are suitably pliant.

I do rather hope you cleaned out her father first..afterall the brethren have a reputation to uphold.

*After hearing what Cpt John Fabris had to say about the matter... The Oldman can't help to think how similar this person is to another person he knows... *

Well... good day... Cpt John Fabris... I am sure, good fortune will come around to you soon.

*The Oldman walks off limping back and forth and nearly fall over trying to climb the stairs at his place...*
Cpt John Fabris
Powder Monkey

235 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman wrote:
*After hearing what Cpt John Fabris had to say about the matter... The Oldman can't help to think how similar this person is to another person he knows... *

Good heavens I have a doppelganger? I hadn't previously considered Heine's poem to contain a grain of truth... As for you now making the acquaintance of both, either you are truly blessed, or else you were deeply wicked in a former life.
Wink
Angel of the Seas
Swabbie

2335 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Following the Oldman*

My-my, Cpt John Fabris. You're going to be quite lonely someday. Perhaps if you stopped treating women like cattle, you could actually understand the greater aspects in life. Oh well, I have little pity for men like yourself. You love having your "suitably plaint" wenches in every port, but little do you realize that that's all you've become in the process, and that is all you will ever be.

However, I wish you the best, and I hope that, someday, you might find someone to love you. Good day.
Azlat
Swabbie

2010 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Chukles after Angelina's words to John.**

**Claps John on the shoulder.**

Aye, what a firey young lass!!

**Starts to stroll back toward town.**

Reminds me of my sweet lass....in happier days....(sighs deeply).

**He gazes of toward the sunset and wanders slowly back toward town. He whistles an old folk tune, and is obviously caught in thoughts, a long time past, and in happier days.**

YARR!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: