Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Tropico 2:Pirates cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  

which is better? Tropico 2:Pirates cove or Pirates! or other ones?
Tropico 2:Pirates cove
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pirates!
92%
 92%  [ 26 ]
Other Pirate Games
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

dev94
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Tropico 2:Pirates cove Reply with quote

Tropico 2:Pirates cove is a very challenging yet fun game with many ups and downs and tricky challenges and invasions and having yur ship sink (which will really anoy you)but its complex difficulty and rich history about the true life of pirates living on an island really add alot of fun to this game.its just like what pirate kings Rolling Eyes (well there really were no pirate kings but great pirate capt.)had to deal with when they were in power.
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say really at this point as the new Pirates! has yet to be released, but from what we've seen so far, Pirates will get the thumbs up.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
dev94
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i belive that to bacause Pirates! has much more features and alot of cool new things but Tropico 2 is one of the old classics that require great brainplay.

still id say i will like Pirates! Shocked more than Tropico 2
Jonny Graybeard
Swabbie

3924 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess so far Pirates aaarrr be winnin laddie. I am a little excited don't ya know.................JONNY G
Aspasia
Powder Monkey

50 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for my copy of Pirates! to arrive. I'm sure I'll love it. I also love to play Tropico 2: Pirates Cove too (its been tiding me over in the meantime Wink).

I'm not sure you can say one is "better" than another since they are different genres.
LootMonkey
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are indeed different genres, and I've thoroughly enjoyed them both...

That said, Pirates tops my list of favorite games and is IMHO a far more enjoyable experience. Tropico2:PC can be frustrating and even boring when you are waiting for finances to pile up, buildings to be built, etc.... At a certian point, playing Tropico2 may even feel like a chore. Pirates will be on my HD long after Tropico2:PC disappears under a pile of dust.

I would say that Tropico 2 likely appeals to a specific crowd, while Pirates! has great potential to be an instant classic for all.

Razz
dread pirate roberts
Powder Monkey

1110 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I figured Tropico 2 would be like Tropico 1, stupid and boring, but it turned out to be intersesting and challanging. That said, it doesn't even come close to Pirates! IMHO, Pirates! is probably the best computer game of all time. I spent probably over 1 year of total game playing time playing the original and Pirates Gold, and this one will be no different. Good thing I am graduating in 3 weeks or I would slip in the grades department.

Other titles that were interesting and somewhat fun were Tortuga: Pirate Hunter. At the time it reminded me of Pirates! a lot. I really like the sea battles in that one, but doesn't have the total depth and fun that Pirates! offers. Long live Sid and his additactive games! (Civilization through Civilization III took another year off my live in front of my computer!)
BlueDEvil
Seaman

818 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say Sim Pirates would be a fun game at all. That exactly what Tropico is. In terms of storyline, Unchartered Water 2: New Horizon would be a better game.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tropico 2 was a great game, but not as good as pirates.

If tropico 2 had let you control sea battles, it would have been much better,
John Silver
Powder Monkey

213 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trpico 2 was a great game when it released and for the next few months after because there were no many pirate games at that time , the only one thing that the game desperatelly needs was if the player can sail out his ships and take part in the action . Wink
Smuggler's Cove
Powder Monkey

170 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you can have rum and tobacco in Tropic 2. Sad that they took it out of Pirates!
Grimm
Powder Monkey

82 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes in tropico 2 you couldn't take part in any sea battles and you had no control over your ships coming home or not which made staying at home with the captives really boring Laughing but with pirates, its also missing the ability to have some sort of home port to pillage from I'm waiting for a combination of the two to make the ulitimate pirate game..
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen all the other pirategames and they really suck.They look all static and from 20 years ago.So sid meier pirates wins with big advantage.
GrapeJ
Swabbie

349 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:42 am    Post subject: Sea Dogs Reply with quote

Sonicsfan wrote:
I have seen all the other pirategames and they really suck.They look all static and from 20 years ago.So sid meier pirates wins with big advantage.

Sea Dogs was a very good game. I was real addicted to it at first (would come home from work at lunch time just to play for 20 minutes). But after a couple of months playing the different story lines it got kinda old. Worth a shot if you get bored, slightly different than Pirates! of course, the sea battles seemed a little more realistic (the cannon balls didn't act like guided missles like they seem to do in Pirates! 2), and it did have rpg elements, but that was in the vacuum of no Sid Meyer Pirates! around, so it will be interesting to see how the competition responds.
"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." Captain Jack Sparrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: