Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Ship Names
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I named my ships 3 of them... "El Diablo" for my ship of the line, "El Monstruo" my royal sloop and "El Fantasmo" for my mail runner, I used to have a brig of war which I named "El Gigante"... I have no idea why I went with Spanish names but they do sound cool... :p
Stephen
Powder Monkey

611 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Ship names Reply with quote

My current flagship is the Sting Ray (I'm a classic Corvette enthusiast!) which to me sounds like a good name for a privateering raider. In the past I've used the Banshee and the Rattlesnake(named after Confederate blockade runners) and some ships I've named after World War II Royal Navy battleships, like the HMS Warspite, Hood, Ramillies, and Resolution. I've also commanded the Cavalla and the Archerfish, named after US WWII submarines.

I've even employed the names of classic British four-stacker ocean liners from the glory days, like the Aquitania, Olympic, and even Titanic!

I do not rename the two or three ships I capture for emergency use and cargo space; I prefer to let them keep their histories.

You guys have come up with some really cool names for your ships--my personal favorite is "Retribution!" I'm going to steal that one! Sailor
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ship names Reply with quote

Stephen wrote:
My current flagship is the Sting Ray (I'm a classic Corvette enthusiast!) which to me sounds like a good name for a privateering raider. In the past I've used the Banshee and the Rattlesnake(named after Confederate blockade runners) and some ships I've named after World War II Royal Navy battleships, like the HMS Warspite, Hood, Ramillies, and Resolution. I've also commanded the Cavalla and the Archerfish, named after US WWII submarines.

I've even employed the names of classic British four-stacker ocean liners from the glory days, like the Aquitania, Olympic, and even Titanic!

I do not rename the two or three ships I capture for emergency use and cargo space; I prefer to let them keep their histories.

You guys have come up with some really cool names for your ships--my personal favorite is "Retribution!" I'm going to steal that one! Sailor

I named my Ships from Slayer Songs and other bands and Lyrics - such as :

Raining Blood
Death From Above
Gutted and Torn

and the likes .........
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39058 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I named my Ships from Slayer Songs and other bands and Lyrics - such as :

Raining Blood
Death From Above
Gutted and Torn

and the likes .........

"Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start" by The Ataris
KeyWestCorona
Powder Monkey

429 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any of you Pirates that are also Parrotheads...

Coral Reefer

Oh..and ExtraCrispy...speaking of Atari, do you remember the game...

Rolling Thunder
HarveyCrimmins
Swabbie

2459 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I named one of my Ship-Of-The Lines "Bohemiath" which was the name of the Monster Truck Steven Wright mentions in the radio voice-over in "Reservoir Dogs"

Parrotheads can also name their ships Savannah Jane, which I think is the name of one of Jimmy's boats---and his daughter
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeyWestCorona wrote:
For any of you Pirates that are also Parrotheads...

Coral Reefer

Oh..and ExtraCrispy...speaking of Atari, do you remember the game...

Rolling Thunder

EC is Too Young to remember the Atari - to him - that went out with the Dinosaurs
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39058 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and powdered wigs.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
and powdered wigs.

And mobile phones that the battery was bigger than the phone.
Little-Jeremie
Powder Monkey

46 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Named my first Ship Of the Line which I captured within hours of getting the game Red Dawn due to its sheer destructive power and red painted hull. One of many SOL's which I don't remember all the names.

I had a Brig Of War in the most recent game which I named Sandra (in honor of this great girl I once had the privilege of working with) she (the ship) never failed me sometimes I got scratched up bad in a fight and had to flee or grounded on that stupid reef outside Tortuga but she always got me home.

I captured a Large Frigate and sold my Brig Of War and passed the name Sandra to my new ship after dividing the plunder. I also had a brig in the fleet named MV Jeremie which was sunk by a pirate hunter chasing me at an inconvenient time (understaffed after capturing ships and returning to port) and a Trade Galleon named Supere Cereale as a support ship
Bomer Fett
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Parrothead I have to go with "Jamaica Farewell ", "Southern Cross ", "Nautical Wheeler", "Bama Breeze", and "Come Monday"
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bomer Fett wrote:
As a Parrothead I have to go with "Jamaica Farewell ", "Southern Cross ", "Nautical Wheeler", "Bama Breeze", and "Come Monday"

My SOTL's are named like " Death From Above " " Panic " "Aftermath" - stuff like that - to instill fear into my Enemies

( Yes I know that that the Enemies were only computer generated - and could not understand - but is was for me Smile )
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39058 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "THIS IS SPARTA!"
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:
How about "THIS IS SPARTA!"

YEAH !!!!!!!!
Bomer Fett
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparticus names all of his ships Sarta. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: