Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

How do I get more Lost City map pieces?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: How do I get more Lost City map pieces? Reply with quote

First, I have all four parts of the map to Montalban's hideout: "Search south of Campeche." The map includes a tiny neck of water in the southeast corner with a landmark. But the only matching landmark I've found is on the north coast of Honduras, a long way from Campeche, and the configuration does not match the map at all. I can walk through both of the landmarks I have found in that area - one on an island, one on the mainland to the south. Should I look for another landmark with the same name or keep looking around here? Or do something else?

Second, I have only one Lost City map piece, and I can't seem to get any more. The first time I danced with a beautiful daughter and dipped her, she gave me a map piece. But when I rescued all four of my relatives they gave me nothing. The next two times I danced perfectly with beautiful daughters, they just gave me criminals.

One odd thing happened before this. After I completed the map for my last missing relative, but before I found him, a beautiful daughter gave me a lead on another Raymondo. After I rescued my grandfather, Raymondo disappeared. Could this have somehow screwed things up?
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"South of Campeche" can refer to the area east of the "bay" that's, well, south of Campeche and east of Villa Hermosa. But it can also indicate the small inland lake at the southeast corner of the Bay of Honduras. Could you post a screenshot of the map?

To capture a screenshot, press the key labelled Print Screen or PrintScrn. This copies an image of whatever is currently on the screen to Clipboard, Windows' "temporary holding memory". Start an image-oriented application like Paint or Photo Editor, click on the Edit choice of the menu, and select Paste from the dropdown options (it should be enabled) to put the image into the application save it as a file (preferably JPG).

One caveat: the contents of Clipboard are overwritten whenever you do something that causes Windows to temporarily store information. If you press Print Screen twice, the second image replaces the first one; if you press Print Screen, then Copy text in Word, that text replaces the screenshot. Best if you save the image ASAP.

Post the picture file at an online site (PhotoBucket offers small free accounts for this purpose) and get the URL for it (again, PhotoBucket provides this with the pic).

Then, in the body of your post here at Hooked on Pirates/Cutlass Isle/whatever it's called this week (Mr. Green), put [img] followed (without spaces) by the URL, followed by [/img]; click on Preview and you should see the pic in the, er, preview. (If it doesn't seem to work, write it all out in NotePad -- the whole [img]URL[/img] -- then copy and paste.)

As for maps to Lost Cities, there are two dependable primary sources (so long as the pieces last). When you return any kidnapped daughter to her father, she gives you a piece (make a note of the father's city when you rescue a daughter; there's no way in-game to know you have her aboard, or where she's from). And after you get married to a daughter, each time you visit and dance with her (without screwing it up), she'll give you a map piece.

The daughters are also the ones you tell you about the wanted criminals. Good Lord, they're running a Caribbean-wide intelligence network! Smile
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I finally found Montalban's hideout just inland from the Gulf of Honduras. It matched the map except that it was not in the vicinity of the named landmark, which was much farther to the east. And, after I defeated Montalban, the beautiful daughters started coughing up Lost City maps.

Now I have a new problem. The Lost City of the Aztecs is located "northwest of Gran Granada." There is no water on the map at all. I have spent hours scouring the Honduras coast, and I have marched inland all the way to Gran Granada and then marched north and west along various paths. The only landmarks I've found that I can't walk through do not match the map - I think they must be associated with old maps (including the aformentioned Montalban map).
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what? "NorthWest of Gran Granada" takes you back to the southwestern corner of the Bay of Honduras. (It's very northwest! Mr. Green)

"North of Gran Granada" means the coast east of there.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! I started looking around the Bay of Honduras, but I had to march inland for a month or so before I stumbled upon it. And it took a bit of luck, since the configuration of landmarks was quite different from the map.

Afterwards, I tried to march back to my ship to figure out just where I was when I found the lost city, but I could not find my way back, so after a week I gave up and hit 'R'.

Guess what! My next map is also 'northwest of Gran Granada'!
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very popular location (except for Montalban's hideout, which is usually somewhere in Mexico). Must be the special tourist rates.
Flint
Powder Monkey

150 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, Montalban's hideout has either been straight West of Vera Cruz or right next to Panama. Every time, without fail.

ARGH! Flint be gettin tired of sailin into that Spanish hell-hole.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Monty's Hideout Reply with quote

The most common places for Monty's hideout are 1) North of Vera Cruz, 2) West of Villa Hermosa, 3) East of Villa Hermosa and 4) Near the Bay of Honduras - usually in the SW corner. I've seen it plenty of time in the center part of Bay of Honduras and north of Panama. His place is easier to find than those awful Lost Cities!
Salty Sailor
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: