Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Montalbans Hideout
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Black Bob
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Montalbans Hideout Reply with quote

Hi
My crew aint landlubbers and we be walking around in circles on account of ma wooden leg gettin stuck in the quicksand ! So a wish to ask yea advice on a map that has me stumped. It seems that Montalban has gained the use of some Indian ju ju magic as his hideout cannot be found by me and ma crewmates. It should be easy as the map reads East of Gran Granada their aint no land marks other than the red cross. We be near to starvin now and I'd hate ta eat ma good leg as add be stuck here for all eternity. Could any of ya good mates help an old seafarer and send me directions. If ya send it by carrier parrot a would be so welcome[/img]
Cromelex
Swabbie

494 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try WEST of gran granada ^^
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

West of Gran Granada would be in the Pacific. Rolling Eyes

Travel along the coast east of Gran Granada and look for a landmark. (Even if it is not shown on your map, there should be one.) Strike inland. When you come to landmark-type objects - e.g., geysers, arch rocks - try to walk through them. If you cannot walk through them then you are in a mapped area, which means it's a good place to explore further. If you can walk through all of the landmarks, then go back to your ship and resume sailing along the coast until you come to another landmark, and try again.

The shape of the coastline on your map might be a clue in itself. It looks like it might indicate a place where the land juts out, or that the hideout is north of an inlet.

In general, Montalban's hideout and the lost cities can be a lot harder to find than the pirate treasures. Don't give up!
Black Bob
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lads we be searching along the east coast for over 8 months now with no success plenty o landmarks but none are solid. Methinks Montalbans hideout is an apparition. think I'll give up on this venture and do some more pillaging. I got a beauty waiting for me back at Port a Prix might just settle down. Sow ma seeds Wink and let the offspring track the critter down. Thanks for the advice
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're a beginner, it's not cheating to re-load at an earlier point - back before you started searching - and replay a year of game time to continue the search. You need to learn the game before you play with the clock running.

Would you recognize Montalban's hideout if you found it? It looks like a walled village.
Black Bob
Powder Monkey

100 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis true roland I began pirating a few days ago and this is ma first foray into this realm. I did participate many moons ago on an old Amiga ship and like this new incarnation. I think I'll start again at Adventurer and see how this pans outs
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm . . . I didn't mean you should start the whole game over - I just meant you could return to an earlier point in the same game where you had saved. (If you did not save, you can always use one of the auto-saved games. Whenever you arrive at a port or start a sea battle your game is auto-saved.)
Cromelex
Swabbie

494 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also about Montalbans hideout... this map has some sort of like, so I think it might be easy, but I'm not finding it. Anyone can guess ? Razz

rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromelex wrote:
Also about Montalbans hideout... this map has some sort of like, so I think it might be easy, but I'm not finding it. Anyone can guess ? Razz

That one's easy

that lake is SW of the SW corner of the Bay of Honduras.
Cromelex
Swabbie

494 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the one near Gran Granada ?
TheDon
Rigger

16718 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
If you're a beginner, it's not cheating to re-load at an earlier point ...

It's not 'cheating' to reload even if you're not a beginner. It's your game. Play it the way you want. The reload feature is there to use or not use as you see fit. You can't call it cheating when you're using the game the way it was designed.

Besides all that, you're a FREAKING PIRATE! Start ACTING like it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDon wrote:
It's not 'cheating' to reload even if you're not a beginner. It's your game. Play it the way you want. The reload feature is there to use or not use as you see fit. You can't call it cheating when you're using the game the way it was designed.

Thanks, Don. Since I still think of myself as a beginner, I wouldn't presume to say what a non-beginner should do. But you, obviously, being a seasoned veteran, are under no such constraint!
CGM3
Gunner

12612 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cromelex wrote:
the one near Gran Granada ?

No, it's actually quite a distance from Gran Granada, it's just that the nearest city can be Gran Granada, Villa Hermosa, or Campeche, depending on where the "macguffin" is sited--

Ferrari333SP
Powder Monkey

129 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it says search south of Campeche. I searched south, all the way to Villa Hormosa. Found nothing. It says its near Cutlass Bay, Thunder Bay, and Powder Creek. Can't find those. Anyone got tips?
Gmatt
Swabbie

403 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems to be a bug, I got the same thing. Search Southwest of Campeche. I found the landmark, land right were a totem pole should be there was nothin', really wierd. Maybe you have to get something else done first? I have rescued my entire family.. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: