Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Evil Spaniard!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Evil Spaniard! Reply with quote

I was sailing after Baron Raymundo, needing at least one more piece of this map that will allow me to rescue my Grandfather, and so, I’m chasing him between Santa Marta and Santa Catalina. I can see his ship, but can’t close the distance. Not to worry, I know he’ll spend a few days in port, so I’ll be at the ready, when he sails again. It was a quick capture, not a cannon ball landed on wood, and my sword quickly pointed at his face produced the piece of map I needed for the rescue.

I decided to sack Santa Catalina (Wealthy Spanish Village), as I had 160 men and the city had only 140. The battle was quick, and the Governor wasn’t happy with me after I took the cities gold. I reminded him that I, as a Spanish Duke, didn’t need his favor any longer and proceeded to sell Raymundo’s cargo and recruit a few new men at the Tavern.

I think I may have upset him though, because as I sailed away from town I see this ship, the likes I’ve never seen before. It said “Evil Spaniard!”, and looked like a Montalban wannabe…

I decided to swing around for a different view, and it was still the same…

I’ve already been to Montalban’s hideout, and he is my Cabin Boy, but I decide to see what this Spaniard has, so I begin the battle. It looks like Montalban’s ship, a 40 Gun Flag Galleon with every ship upgrade and 250 Men. I decide to quickly board and test out this “Evil Spaniard!”.

I was quite disappointed in the Captain, as he was no more difficult to defeat than Colonel Mendosa would be, and I had his Flag Galleon as my own with one block and 5 swings of my trusty Rapier. I was very happy when I realized that he had 5,000 pieces of gold and 60 tons of food.

I sailed back to Santa Catalina, took the 60 men with my 172 with 4 swings from my Sword, reflagged the city and Danced with the Governor’s plain daughter. Then, I sold all the cargo, most of the guns and both of the ships, before sailing east to where I now know my Grandfather is being held.

Asclepius was here
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the threads rupertlittlebear. I looked 4 pages deep in the "Life at Sea" Forum to try and find a thread to post this. I didn't think about the Tavern or General Forums.

Is there a "Search" function to the Forum?

Asclepius was here
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
Is there a "Search" function to the Forum?
yes there is

http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/search.php

and its linked to the word

Search

near the top of this page.
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it was hiding right in front of me.

Asclepius was here
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Life at Sea All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: