Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PrettyCaptain Mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabid Weasel
Powder Monkey

210 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome mod, but I found another oddity. Your Pretty Captain always has a sword in hand, as well as another on her belt. That is fine, but she has three swords when boarding a boat that surrendered. Cool, but odd.
Capt Redde
Seaman

240 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aarrrr, she be one fiesty female!!!
Capt. Cannon
Cutthroat

151 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niiice work! She looks like a regular devil to fight! Look alittle open to the high chop though! Arr!

Johnny Ringo- "This fight isn't with you"
Doc Holliday-"I bed to Diffuh."
(Tombstone)

http://www.fishnj.netfirms.com/

Capt. Cannon <((((((<
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, Loki, the first picture looks a bit...well you know.....fake. Like mega fake. It looks like she drank a glass of milk and has a milk mustache Very Happy . Nice start though! Sailor
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bllasae wrote:
Um, Loki, the first picture looks a bit...well you know.....fake. Like mega fake.

With all due respect Mr. Bllasae, I've found Sir loki59s mods to be both complete and wonderful.

I know that you're trying hard to belong, but it is always better to make yourself more by being, not lowering your expectations of others.

My last sarcasm about being "over the line" to you went unnoticed, so I won't even try that again.

I think all the mods in this thread are GREAT!!

I've been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate, a poet, a pawn, and a king.
I've been up and down and over and out, and I know but one thing.
Each time I find myself flat on my face, I pick myself up and get back in the race!!
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asclepius wrote:
Bllasae wrote:
Um, Loki, the first picture looks a bit...well you know.....fake. Like mega fake.

With all due respect Mr. Bllasae, I've found Sir loki59s mods to be both complete and wonderful.

I know that you're trying hard to belong, but it is always better to make yourself more by being, not lowering your expectations of others.

First of all,
1.)I didn't say I didn't like it and/or it wasn't complete or wonderful, which it is. But I said that because the white mustache really looked out of place.
Second of all,
2.)I'm not trying hard to belong. As soon as you join a forum or website, in my opinion, you belong.
Eric Jones
Powder Monkey

368 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome mod! As soon as I get the hang of this whole modding thing I'll see if I can't add this one on. It'll be strange playing as a woman Laughing
Sir W. Raleigh
Seaman

4225 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Jones wrote:
Awesome mod! As soon as I get the hang of this whole modding thing I'll see if I can't add this one on. It'll be strange playing as a woman Laughing

If you do experiment with modding for Pirates, be sure to check the resources linked to upthread here to be sure your editing tools use the proper scripts for Pirates.

Pirates Nif's are Gamebryo v. 10.1.0.0 ... royfox's mod Nif shows NetImmerse v. 4.0.0.2 but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
At any rate, that's not a problem so long as you don't try to use that Nif version as a basis for a mod of any of the rank-dependent PC models referred to in NASSAU's comments in this thread and those referenced.

More info on the issues involved can be found in the forums at Gamedevnet and/or Sourceforge. FWIW I have the latest NifSkope version (1.0.2) and scripts for Blender and I've yet to succesfully modify the rank-dependent files in either, but I think this is mainly due to my unfamiliarity with the details of 3d textured-mesh animations. More on the issues involved can be found here and here.

Final word of caution ... I've had to reinstall Pirates 3 times after an experimental rank-PC mod crashed the game ... something gets corrupted that makes it impossible to enter the system options screen, as royfox describes in another, old thread on this subject. So chart a sure course, friend, lest ye also run afoul of the shoals.

edit: corrected thread ref.
Eric Jones
Powder Monkey

368 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir W. Raleigh wrote:
Eric Jones wrote:

If you do experiment with modding for Pirates, be sure to check the resources linked to upthread here to be sure your editing tools use the proper scripts for Pirates.

Pirates Nif's are Gamebryo v. 10.1.0.0 ... royfox's mod Nif shows NetImmerse v. 4.0.0.2 but I'm not sure if that's accurate.
At any rate, that's not a problem so long as you don't try to use that Nif version as a basis for a mod of any of the rank-dependent PC models referred to in NASSAU's comments in this thread and those referenced.

More info on the issues involved can be found in the forums at Gamedevnet and/or Sourceforge. FWIW I have the latest NifSkope version (1.0.2) and scripts for Blender and I've yet to succesfully modify the rank-dependent files in either, but I think this is mainly due to my unfamiliarity with the details of 3d textured-mesh animations. More on the issues involved can be found here and here.

Final word of caution ... I've had to reinstall Pirates 3 times after an experimental rank-PC mod crashed the game ... something gets corrupted that makes it impossible to enter the system options screen, as royfox describes in another, old thread on this subject. So chart a sure course, friend, lest ye also run afoul of the shoals.

edit: corrected thread ref.

Thanks for the advice Wink
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit of necromancy here. (sorry)
I'm impressed by this. Being an old NifSkope hand, I have set to work to deal with the outstanding issues with this fine mod.
So far I have fixed the swords and pistols, these work perfectly. I'm working on the other meshes. With luck I'll soon have a complete version where the character does not revert to a male at any stage.

My question, is royfox still out there? How do you feel about the release of a more complete version by a third party royfox?

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for it mate... I would love to see and test out the mod when it is done... Smile
royfox
Powder Monkey

568 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: symon and the mod Reply with quote

Capitan Incognito:
thanks for the fast reply, but it's up for me to say the first yes. (I think) Smile
(no offense done Duelling ) So I will say the second yes.

symon:

Yes! Smile

I'd like to see (and play with) the fixed version of my mod. So you have green light!

(I think we can discuss the details in private) Arr!

Community:

If symon have made the fixed version, then you will have your share!
Buddies
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did enjoy the mod you made... It was teh sexay Royfox... Smile I can't wait until you and symon get a perfect mod out... Since I have absolutely no talent for doing stuff like that I will cheer you guys on from the sidelines... Very Happy And when you guys come out with a final version I will have to restart my Captain Alessandra game... I can't wait... Smile
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royfox and I are going to work on this together. I'm hoping it won't take long for a release. There will be an improved version and I have have high hopes a 'perfect' version. No more inconvenient sex changing!

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait... Sex shifting pirates do make the crew nervous, specially since they are s superstitious lot and having a "cursed" captain is bad for crew morale... :p
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: