Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

PrettyCaptain Mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick progress report.
The combat Nifs now all sport gloss effects (real leather trousers) and have fully working weapon animations.

Both the reward sequence Nifs (chest and female relatives, male relatives) now work.

I have a pc in tavern mesh but am working to eliminate severe mesh distortion. (it really doesn't want to sit on that skeleton. Quite why Firaxis used so many different skeletons and bone name conventions I don't know. Forearm <> ForeArm!!)

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.
Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh... I feel giddy with excitement... Can't wait... Smile
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, having been caught by a forum reload, I'll try this update again.

I now have a version of the mesh for the Tavern, Governor, Dance, Merchant and Shipwright that doesn't distort. Needs a little tweaking and it'll be good.
Then I just need to do some decent skins, sort out the land battle mesh, the intro scene (if that's doable) and the static images.

It will be an almost, (or with luck maybe totally) complete conversion!

Capitan Incognito
Swabbie

435 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

~Hands itching to try out completed mod when it comes out...
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was entertaining!
I just made up a mesh for the land battle sequences. Worked a treat ...except...

I had five Pretty Pirates running about. Looks like the game engine uses that mesh for all the figures in the Officer Unit. Oops. Of course I suppress it from texture swapping so I ended up with five clones in the unit.

I think I can get round this but I suspect this means the Officer Unit will be all female. Oh well, we'll just have to assume that the players sterling example has drawn piratical women from all over the Caribbean to her cause!

loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

symon wrote:
I had five Pretty Pirates running about. Looks like the game engine uses that mesh for all the figures in the Officer Unit.

For the Officers, your captain uses player_character_low.dds the others are player_character_var01.dds, player_character_ var02.dds, player_character_ var03.dds and player_character_ var04.dds.
symon
Powder Monkey

152 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I knew about player_character_low.dds but hadn't tracked down the others.
That has saved me some time, maybe quite a lot as I have seen those textures but hadn't twigged what they were for.

Jo Tortuga
Powder Monkey

214 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: For royfox Reply with quote

I recently experimented with your Pretty Captain mod and have to say it's the best designed player character I've seen. Really good work! But I can't use it with ease due to it not appearing in enough of the scenes and getting replaced by the gawky original guy in some. The no pistols is a problem too.

For playing a female lead I use Captain Reddes' Black Bess (which appears to be head only) along with the 'darknopatch.fpk' (possibly CR's design too but I've forgotten). This way it's a female player head in all scenes, though the body only appears in the fight scenes.

Couldn't you redesign your Pretty Captain as 2 files for the same effect? Even if the body won't transfer, surely just the head as a separate file would bing it/her into all scenes.

I'm sure there must be a way of improving what you've got, and what you've got re design is totally first class. Very well done on that.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mod looks great!

I have 2 odd question though:
What happens if you dance with the governor's daughter?
Do the barmaids still hit on you?
Jo Tortuga
Powder Monkey

214 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCispy you're not extra clear as I don't know who your questions are directed to, or precisely what you're asking, come to that!

If they're re the Pretty Captain mod itself, the Pretty captain herself doesn't appear in those 2 scenes you ask about. You get the default gawky lubber.

If you're asking re the Black Bess, that head appears in all scenes though in default uniform in the 2 scenes you ask about.

Re what happens in regard to the govs' daughters or barmaids, it's the same old same old. They're default unalterable scenes. You can't even edit the text. The barmaids are going to "hit on you" even if you look like a Klingon public convenience!
royfox
Powder Monkey

568 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo Tortuga, ExtraCrispy: I am happy that you like my mod. As you see I made the last modification on the mod 2 years ago. It was fun, but I experienced some difficulties, so I decided to leave it working, but unfinished.

Last year symon started to look the mod if he can make it better (closer to a full conversion). (see the replies above). Since then we are waiting.
Ashitaka
Powder Monkey

76 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are worried about the female barmaids and daughters hitting on the female character, just get a top ten/ raymondo/ montabaln/ etc .DDS file and put it in the custom folder and name it correspondingly to the daughter/barmaid file you want.
Worked for me... Sailor
Lovleh, one more time...
Yar! we go roun' again...

I sang! now giv' me 'em goldies!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashitaka wrote:
If you are worried about the female barmaids and daughters hitting on the female character,

Sounds Interesting Smile
Ashitaka
Powder Monkey

76 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparticus wrote:
Ashitaka wrote:
If you are worried about the female barmaids and daughters hitting on the female character,

Sounds Interesting Smile

You have aroused my ... curiosity... Twisted Evil
Lovleh, one more time...
Yar! we go roun' again...

I sang! now giv' me 'em goldies!
Allronix
Swabbie

1871 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, see if you can import the original character appearance for a governer's son. Very Happy

And the rare female of the Pirate species IS nastier than the male. Jack Rackham wouldn't have cracked that top 10 if he hadn't been backed up by a pair of she-devils. Grace O'Malley raised enough hell in the British Isles as to earn an audience with Queen Elizabeth (and while she didn't take to sea, Queen Bess cheerfully bankrolled privateering). And in the East? And the biggest pirate fleet on record (1,500 ships and upwards of 80,000 sailors) was run by "Madame Ching."

Smile

Calico Jack? Hang him - but ALWAYS recruit his lieutenants!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: