Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Vanishing landmark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deguello
Powder Monkey

228 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Vanishing landmark Reply with quote

This is the first time that this has happened to me, in a lot of playing.

In 1600, I had 2 pieces of a named pirate treasure map, and one piece of a missing relative one. The treasure map gave me enough to know to look in western Florida, icluding a coastal landmark. Accordingly, I landed near the landmark and marched around, but unexpectedly came across the shack with my relative and released her.

I probably should then have continued searching for the treasure, but I inadvertently returned to my ship instead (conditioned reflex, I guess).

I was astounded to find that the coastal landmark had disappeared from the map. I hadn't gotten far from the coast, realizing I'd made a mistake, but when I turned right around to land again, the rocks and their label were gone completely.

Landing again , I fairly quickly found the treasure and all's well, but it came as a surprise, and a search through the FAQ and the fora didn't turn up a mention of this.

Has this happened to anyone else, I wonder?
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked it like that, but I had a lost city close to Montalban's hideout and the landmarks in land (trees, geysers etc) were different on the two maps Shocked Shocked I took Montalban and then the city before I returned to the ship Smile 150 k in a fast sweep Twisted Evil
Deguello
Powder Monkey

228 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed (vaguely) changes in inland landmarks on subsequent visits to the same area, but this is the first time that I've observed one of the coastal landmarks (e.g., Dagger Point, Cutlass Reef, etc.) disappear from the sailing map.

I can't imagine why it might make any difference, but I believe that this is the first time that I've played in the 1600 era, so perhaps it's a bug that's unique to that era? Seems unlikely, though.

At least I'm happy that it vanished after I needed it, rather than before. Very Happy
Sonicsfan
Cutthroat

1729 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes i got to start all over,two places are sometimes unreachable.The SE from trinidad and nord from vera cruz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: