Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

[b]«Lost»[/b] City of the Aztecs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: [b]«Lost»[/b] City of the Aztecs! Reply with quote

Okay, I'll admit that if I'd have gotten this map 3 months ago, I would have scratched my head, pouted for a few minutes, then started a new game, knowing that I would never find this Lost City.

But, since then, I've found this forum, read a gob and a bunch about Orienteering and finding the locations on these "Maps without features", so I decided to take this as a challenge, instead of defeat.

I headed over to Vera Cruz, and sailed north, just hoping to find some landmark to use as a starting point. I sailed, and sailed, and the first landmark if found was way up north, about here...

So, I go ashore on June 30, 1673 and head west until I see an Indian Totem. I walk over to it and it stops me, so I know I'm in the general area of the City, but there are 3 Totems on my map, so I continue to the west, notice that I pass south of a Dead Tree and Stone Head, and when I come to the Inca Temple, I head south and there it is. On July 12th I'm looking down on the Lost City of the Aztecs, and my crew is happily hauling 50,000 doubloons into the hold of my Flag Ship.

Thanks to all of you that have given me the information that helped me find this lost city.

This is a GREAT Forum.

Fair Winds and Following Seas !!
Smiley the 13th
Powder Monkey

719 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I also have a lost city with no landmarks and I was wondering can you have two different maps with treasures in the same place?

Because my map says south east of Campeche which I took as the other side of the yucatan peninsula and when I went there, there was only one landmark that I had previously used to find a pirates treasure. So should I search there or expand my search to other areas?
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is more than happy to generate all the treasures, all the relatives, all the Inca treasures and Montalban in the exact same area.

Given the guile to cultivate the generating process . . .
Asclepius
Cutthroat

11341 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smiley the 13th wrote:
Hey I also have a lost city with no landmarks and I was wondering can you have two different maps with treasures in the same place?

Yes, I found 3 of the Lost Cities in this exact same place, and, while looking for one of the Lost Cities, also found Blackbeard's treasure here, and had only 1 piece of that map, upper left corner, at the time.

Fair Winds and Following Seas !!
Smiley the 13th
Powder Monkey

719 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay I found the city!

It was a little tough because my current landmarks and the older ones blended together so some landmarks were not on my map, but after a little search I finally found the mayan city. Thanks everybody.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: