Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Lost Cities?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Lost Cities? Reply with quote

Despite having been playing one saved game for a long time, I have not heard any mention of any lost cites yet. Am I doing something wrong or what? How long until I'll know where one is? Is there a specific place/person
to visit/talk to? Thanks!
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost city maps start appearing after you have defeated the Marquis de la Montalban. You can get these maps from attractive or beautiful daughters after a better than average dance. In other words you need to have the large heart with 3-4 smaller hearts around it at the end of a dance ending with the "dip and kiss". You can also get maps from family members you rescue if you have already defeated Montalban.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who and/or where is this Marquis guy? Does he have a pirate ship or is he in a tavern and I have to fight him or something?I've never seen or gotten a piece of a map I don't think?
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you find you Sister she will give you information on the whereabouts of Montalbans last location. You then hunt him down just like you would Baron Raymondo. When you catch up to Montalban you do the usual ship battle then board and have a sword duel with him. When you've defeated Montalban he'll give you a map piece to his secret lair. Sometimes you can find it with one map piece but usually 2 or more are needed so you'll need to rescue your Uncle for the clue to his whereabouts to find him, defeat him and get the second piece, then find your Aunt for the third location of Montalban and so on. Montalban is the best sword fighter in the game so it's a good idea to find him when you're young and it helps to have all the sword fighting extras like the puffy shirts, balanced set of swords, leather vest and armor, even the brace of pistols as these reduce your sword duel by two steps.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The items won't be a problem. I have every item in the game, including the better ones you only get after you get the first one. But if I can't find my sister, because I can't find Raymondo, so I'll never find Montalbalm. If I post my saved game here, will somebody try and help me find a hint with someone or something?
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can post the save game here and plenty of people will help you out. I would go back to St. Augustine and go to the tavern again. Talk to the barmaid and bartender. If they don't give you any info try any settlements in the area again talking to the barmaid and bartender, also any nearby Jesuit settlements, pirate havens, even the taverns at Grand Bahamas, Nassau etc. Eventually someone will give you a clue as to where he is or where he's headed.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I finally figured it out and found the rest of my family and stuff, and let's just say that by now, I have 76 fame points. Smile
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is still on the first page, it doesn't hurt to bump it(hopefully) and I've found 2 of the 4 lost cities, and I can't find the 3rd Maya city. I'll post a map in a second, but could really use some help finding "Rum Rock" or whatever.
loki59
Rigger

24252 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bllasae wrote:
Since this is still on the first page, it doesn't hurt to bump it(hopefully) and I've found 2 of the 4 lost cities, and I can't find the 3rd Maya city. I'll post a map in a second, but could really use some help finding "Rum Rock" or whatever.
Yeah, you'll have to post the map. The landmarks for the treasures and lost cities change with each new game and sometimes you may get two, even three landmarks with the same name in different places.
Bllasae
Seaman

788 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loki59 wrote:
Bllasae wrote:
Yeah, you'll have to post the map. The landmarks for the treasures and lost cities change with each new game and sometimes you may get two, even three landmarks with the same name in different places.

Actually, thanks for the help, but after going back to the game, I actually found the rock and found the lost city. So thanks, but no thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Orienteering All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: