Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Life of Jack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Life of Jack Reply with quote

I'm kinda new to story telling, this is my first time actually. But if people like it I'll add to it. Anyway this thread seemed interesting to me, so I decided to make a short intro

“Bloody” Jack Bannister ran through the back alley as three more watchmen entered the chase. His brother ran next to him, a dagger in hand. Jack looked back at the seven guards. Who knew stealing a man’s hat was such a terrible crime? Just in time Jack evaded a thrown dagger. Bringing him back to his senses, he turned around to face two more of the relentless pursuers. Jack looked around madly for his brother, but saw no friendly face. Quickly, he jolted into a guard and bulled over a pile of barrels. “That ought to slow ‘em down,” he nervously said to himself. Once, again Jack looked around for his brother. Still no one. He felt a light tap on his shoulder, he turned around to be stabbed multiple times by a thief. Four surges of pain went through his sinewy form. Jack rolled over writhing in pain. As blackness clouded his vision, the thief ran off and the barrel wall was broken. Some forms scrambled over the barricade and came towards him…
Marius Dobrique
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the rooftop of a nearby house, Marius was interrupted in his spying of the governor's mansion through his looking glass by sounds of melee coming from the alley in the back of the house. Carefully approaching the edge of the roof overlooking the alley below, he saw a man running away, another man laying in a pool of blood, and several guards running toward the downed man. Puzzled, he surveyed the scene in order to see what would happen next, his hand instinctively gripping the handle of his flintlock pistol.
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack was pulled to his feet by a guard and locked in a carriage. Inside, he carefully applied a poultice from his pouch to the wounds. His head was pounding, and his brother was missing. After several irritating minutes, the carriage came to a stop. Jack was dragged out and brought to a bloody pedestal. His eyes widened and he dripped cold sweat. At the bottom of the pedestal lay a basket with severed hands inside. Jack winced at the thought of his hand being cut off and looked at the chubby watchman captain. He gave a small snigger and walked off with a loaf of bread in his hand. A crowd had gathered around the pedestal by this time and was growing restless. Food was thrown at him, and a skinny Jamaican stood in front of him.
Marius Dobrique
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the wounded man was being taken away, Marius followed the carriage jumping from one rooftop to another. Reaching a small city square where the gaolers practiced their law enforcement through various forms of physical punishment, he once again used his looking glass to see what was going on.
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack watched in frozen horror as the man in front of him was dragged to the pedestal. The man squealed and begged but these guards still dragged him. The axeman rose his giant cleaver, and swung. Jack winced at the crack of the islanders wrist bone. The crowd roared with glee. Jack looked around at the guards. All of them seemed to be well trained soldiers but the captain was a pig. "I don't want to lose my hand. I'll give back the hat," he said. the axeman didn't care. The captain walked over next to him. Jack's one chance. With all his strength, Jack reached up and grabbed the captain by his collar. The man came down on the haft of the cleaver, the wind knocked out of him. Jack grabbed the captain's sword and jumped of the platform. He plunged into the crowd as the guards followed.
Marius Dobrique
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching through his looking-glass, Marius saw the man run through the crowd and go around a corner. Quickly folding the far-see glass into his pouch, he ran off across rooftops to see if the man was going to make it.
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack's heart pounded madly. He Jolted down the alley and threw himself into a hay cart as a watchman passed. He looked up to see a man running on the rooftops toward him. Jack loaded a pistol he got from the captain and waited.
Marius Dobrique
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marius saw the fugitive hide in a hay cart. A nice plan, but he knew it wouldn't last long. One guardsman ran past it, but just behind the corner there were three more approaching, and the church bells were ringing for alarm as well. In a matter of minutes, the whole town garrison would be up and running around the place.
"Now is this a fortunate turn of events" Marius thought, himself not sure whether it was a question or statement. He was on sentry duty when all this began, a small band of brigands who was waiting in the nearby forest were only waiting for Marius' signal to commence their raid on the governors mansion, situated just on the town border, hoping to steal the treasure chest in his office. And now this vagabond turned the whole goddamn place upside down!
"What the hell" he thought, "'tis as good time as any, with most of the guards running hereabouts and not near the mansion". Marius produced a flare from his back-pouch, shot it with his flintlock to light it up, and set the nearby straw roof on fire, the agreed diversion his mates were waiting for. As he did that, two guards rounded the corner to the street where the hay cart was parked, looking for the source of the flintlock shot and at the roof on fire, and Marius made himself scarce. His mates needed him on the other side of the town, and it would be better if he didn't draw attention to himself...
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack silently got out the other side of cart, then bolted into a house. A man and his family were having dinner. The man jumped up and yelled for the guards. Jack had no choice. He picked a cobble up off the floor and hurled it at the screaming man. Jack quickly ran back out the door and ran across the street.
Marius Dobrique
Powder Monkey

162 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approaching the western part of town, a poor excuse for a ghetto as they were known back in Europe, Marius finally came down from the rooftops and continued running toward the north, where the governor's office was. He wondered what came of the young escapee he saw earlier today just as sounds of blunderbusses discharged was borne on the wind. The attack has begun and it was every man for himself in this chaos...
lordcedrick
Powder Monkey

171 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack heard a shot and immediately found cover. Several guards ran straight past him toward the governor's mansion. He sped into an alley and loaded his only weapon: a flintlock pistol. He checked his ammo, four cotton swabs, two packets, three lead balls.This wasn't nearly enough. He quickly ran out of the house, and charged back down towards the general store. On his way he saw the man from the rooftops coming down. he watched as the man dropped two daggers and a patch on his flight downward. After passing him, Jack leapt up and grabbed everything. This would help him get away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Circle of Pirates All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: