Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Port Royale 2 opinion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobalt
Powder Monkey

621 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Port Royale 2 opinion Reply with quote

I'm strongly considering getting Port Royale 2 for the PC. The reviews I saw were good, but I was wondering if other people who have or had the game to tell me what they thought of it (and why).

Thanks for the advice! Sailor

P.S. I'm pretty sure that Port Royale 2 works in Windows XP, but if it doesn't, please let me know.
sk8erkillinu
Swabbie

838 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never even heard of that game and judging from the # of replys to this (0) no one else has either.
jakethescot
Swabbie

355 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it took a while to reply, but I bought the game first. I think it's a good game. It has everything you can think of. Read the review on GameSpot. Once you buy it, you'll be addicted to playing it. It has the following goods: Wheat, Food, Wood, Bricks. Corn, Sugar, Cotton, Hemp, Meat, Garments, Rope, Rum, Coffee, Cocoa, Dyes, Tobacco, Spices, Wine and Tools. You can buy ships which include: Pinnace, Sloop, Brig, Barque, Pirate Barque, Flute, Trading Flute-Ship, Corvette, Frigate, Military Corvette, Military Frigate, Galleon, Carrack, Caravel, War Galleon and Ship of the Line. You do missions for the Governor, build or buy businesses. Workers can go on strike. Keep them happy. Build housing when island become too crowded. Build schools, hospitals, warehouses, docks, inns (which you can gamble in), churches, etc. Transport workers from one island to another. Attack pirates and their towns. Sign letters of Marque which allows you to attack ships of other nations. Build your own town. Get married. The governors daughters are all beautiful. Plus a ton of other things to do. If you like micro-management and pirating, get this game. You will need to get a ledger to help keep track of what each town produces, but I like doing that anyway, so it's no bother.
The best thing about it is, I bought it at BestBuy for $9.99. Way cheap for such a good game. The only bad thing about it is, it doesn't come with a hard manual. You have to go into the file folder and read it with Acrobat Reader. Other than that, I would buy it. It's worth it!
The Aberdonian
Cutthroat

9958 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakethescot wrote:
I know it took a while to reply, but I bought the game first. I think it's a good game. It has everything you can think of. Read the review on GameSpot. Once you buy it, you'll be addicted to playing it. It has the following goods: Wheat, Food, Wood, Bricks. Corn, Sugar, Cotton, Hemp, Meat, Garments, Rope, Rum, Coffee, Cocoa, Dyes, Tobacco, Spices, Wine and Tools. You can buy ships which include: Pinnace, Sloop, Brig, Barque, Pirate Barque, Flute, Trading Flute-Ship, Corvette, Frigate, Military Corvette, Military Frigate, Galleon, Carrack, Caravel, War Galleon and Ship of the Line. You do missions for the Governor, build or buy businesses. Workers can go on strike. Keep them happy. Build housing when island become too crowded. Build schools, hospitals, warehouses, docks, inns (which you can gamble in), churches, etc. Transport workers from one island to another. Attack pirates and their towns. Sign letters of Marque which allows you to attack ships of other nations. Build your own town. Get married. The governors daughters are all beautiful. Plus a ton of other things to do. If you like micro-management and pirating, get this game. You will need to get a ledger to help keep track of what each town produces, but I like doing that anyway, so it's no bother.
The best thing about it is, I bought it at BestBuy for $9.99. Way cheap for such a good game. The only bad thing about it is, it doesn't come with a hard manual. You have to go into the file folder and read it with Acrobat Reader. Other than that, I would buy it. It's worth it!

I bought it as well now as it was cheap and looked cool. I was disappointed to see the "wrong" nationalities for the cities. Port Royal is Spanish for example.

Looks more like a trading game than a pirate game as well.

The Aberdonian
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: