Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Where'd ever'body go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain Blood
Cutthroat

6396 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been gone for quite a while myself.
I changed jobs, which came as quite a Shocked to me as it was a layoff of epic proportions, unannounced.
But I landed on my feet, tracked down another job and everything is working out well for me now. Victorious
I proabably won't be able to come around as oft' as I used at the old job but I'll be here from time to time. Sailor
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Capt. If you are still playing the game as well as visiting, check out the Dutch Privateer Challenge. So far there is gold for the taking.
Capt Redde
Seaman

240 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaarrrrr, Ahoy mateys, Ol Capt Redde be still about, 'avent modded a pixel in some time now, but every now and then gets thee urge ta finish some ov thee mods Eye were workin on.

Eye be buildin an' sailin me own RC vessels on me local pond, got me two
new hulls in me ship works due to launch next spring. A sloop fer me an'
a Chinese Junk fer me Daughter Catfish Rosie.

Nice ta see some fermiliar names!!! Arr! Greetins ta all ov ye!!!

Yer 'umble servant, Capt Redde Smooth Sailing
Chiko
Seaman

273 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came back here once in a while. Smile
I vanished a long time ago then I came back, then gone, back and so on.

Sailor
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the Same Issue as Captain Blood.

I used to Work for Gillette - and this was acquired by P&G - and the Office that I worked in - in Australia was closed down - nearly 300 people lost their jobs.

I too landed on my feet - but I do not really like my new job - I am still looking for another one - but the economic climate at the moment is not that good.

But at least I have a job - I guess.
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see ye all alive and still on the account, mates. Since I am as well, despite certain privations, here also from time to time, it's time for some privateering again!
Very Happy
Tom Pullings
Gunner

11279 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Dave.
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear gentlemen, it's always an honour to come back here. I wish the game was still in its 'honeymoon months'. Time passes by though and 4 years seemed like nothing.

The lack of new content, no online play and limited mod options, the lack of proper support and patching didn't do the game any good in the long term imho.

That's a shame, because this community was not only mature in nature, it had humour, great athmosphere, info, guides and so on. This community was more than ready to play its part. Not to forget Rupert who's practically a community on his own Wink

I actually believe that this community (and you're all part of it) gave the game a longer lifespan.

From time to time I think about all with whom I had many laughters and interesting conversations. ( no not you Howie and no not you either Kristian Laughing ) To the new people I say: Welcome mates, enjoy, it's a great fun game and take a look at the mods, they can enhance your fun factor.

To the group I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet: I'm glad you joined the crew. The ship is still sailing.

I'm still sailing these waters from time to time, also to check if there are new adventures waiting for us on the horizon, like in the form of a sequal.

And ofcourse to visit the wife. I've been hearing stuff about some pirate visiting her behind my back. He goes by the name of 'Wolfwood' or something. Laughing

There are dozens of names I should add to this post so nobody would feel left out and even then I would forget somebody. So long is the list of great posters on this forum.

Cyou laterz mates, in the meantime have fun.

Last edited by Gun Pierson on Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave the Knave
Rigger

22948 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Welcome back, Dave.

Thanks, Tom!

Funny, how a website about such antisocial coves as Pirates! should have some of the most pleasant people I have ever met online!

Maybe every pirate is a gentleman (or lady) at heart...

With sad but sagely words, Gun Pierson wrote:
The lack of new content, no online play and limited mod options, the lack of proper support and patching didn't do the game any good in the long term imho.

That's a shame, because this community was not only mature in nature, it had humour, great athmosphere, info, guides and so on. This community was more than ready to play its part. Not to forget Rupert who's practically a community on his own Wink

Aye; and see all of the interest that exists despite that lack of expansion? I agree, it's because of the people here. The people make the game survive.

There has got to be a remake of this game again soon! Whose port should we bombard to get it in the works?
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39058 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun be right. If it weren't for this forum I would have played the game for less than a month and tossed it aside when I was done.

With a community this strong, it's a real disappointment that Sid decided to make the game unmoddable.
rupertlittlebear
Helmsman

10381 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Gunn

whatcha been playin lately?
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Welcome back Gunn

whatcha been playin lately?

Hey Rupe, still the same, Guild Wars for 4 years now. I saw great game mechanics and support there that would perfectly fit Pirates and without monthly fees. One downside, the comunity in that game is focused around elitism.

Pirates of the burning sea isn't doing that well I heard. Well it's a pay to play mmo, so it's not really what old school players like myself prefer. So I skipped that boat.

What are you playing lately?
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Lots of good old chaps in this thread! Please, stay around!
It is much better to be armed with a sword that has two edges than with an estoc [...], which is nothing more than a stick with a point. (Rapier Master G. Morsicato Pallavicini, La Scherma Illustrata, p. 14.)
Pizza_Peep
Cutthroat

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, I remember this dimwit named Pizza_Peep. I wake up every day and thank the Lord that he's not dog-paddling around these waters anymore.
Kristian95
Boatswain

4687 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should have a PollĀ® on where people might have gone??? Razz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 2 of 34

Jump to: