Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Where'd ever'body go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of those who have posted anything lately I’d say Roland has the most seniority. It’s been awhile since Salty Dog posted. Spartacus pops in once in a blue moon. Haven’t seen hide nor hair of Mr. Blue or Rusty Edge. Parksbanyon hasn’t been around. All those guys were outstanding members and it’s sad they aren’t showing up on the radar screen.
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlangsdo drops in now & then
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Wolfwood still checks in every few months.

Does anyone know what became of Salty Dog? Is he cruising again?
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully parksbanyon is doing well, his work on ships and swords is incredible and we could definitely use his knowledge - if anyone knows his email, drop him a line, jlangsdo was tempted back after I found his online. J's pioneering work has been the basis for a lot of cool stuff, not just my Europe mod but lots of little tweaks elsewhere too
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think sooner or later Salty will show up unless something really happened to him. He claims he took time off before here so maybe it’s just another break. Parksbanyon I don’t think is in all that good of health from what he was describing himself as being in. Vision problems, strokes etc I’m not sure he is able to mod. Last I heard he still lives in Pattaya so if anybody knows anything about Pattaya they aren’t thinking about the beach. It’s the nightlife Capital of the world so he’s probably been run there the mill one time to many as life certainly catches up with you in places like that.
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could get some discussions in the «History Section» going.

This might attract some of the old-posters that don't play the game anymore, back. Razz Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
ExtraCrispy
Boatswain

39052 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or is the forum dying? Shocked Shocked Sad
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:

IMHO, it's just you. There are new posts almost everyday. Unfortunately, I can't check on the number of daily log-ins.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard from Salty a few days ago. He was in St. Martin! He said he would drop in to say hi sometime.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraCrispy wrote:

Laughing I've been modding the new Football Manager tbh. Taking a Pirates! break but you know how this game goes, I'll be pulled back in eventually. Maybe another modding project at some point
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s a big difference now then when I joined and I joined late after many of the best modders left. It’s a classic game so still some interest but yeah I think it’s getting near the end more so all the time. Funny thing is I’m nodding a game now even older but there are plenty of active modders and players so I can see it’s definitely not like that here with SMP. I think the thing that hurts SMP is not much as ever been done to add new characters and ship mods. Maybe Fleetp can fix that by making the top ten into the top ten Swedish Bikini pirates all sailing on pontoon party boats.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
I just heard from Salty a few days ago. He was in St. Martin! He said he would drop in to say hi sometime.

Roland asked me to show up and say HELLO!

Yes, I have been doing a LOT of cruising since the Covid restrictions have been lifted. Here is where I have been:

In August 2021 I took a 7 day Alaska cruise out of Seattle on Holland America Lines (HAL).
In October 2021 I went back to back on Azamara Club Cruises (AZ) from the port of Rome (Civitavecchia) to Triests, Italy and back on 19 days of cruising.

In Nov/Dec 2921 we took a 12 day Caribbean cruise out of Miami on AZ.

In February 2022 we took an 18 day cruise to Hawaii, going round trip from San Diego on HAL.

In March 2022 we were part of an 8 day river cruise down the Mississippi on the American Queen, the largest Steamwheeler ever built. We cruised from Memphis to New Orleans.

In May/June we took a 13 day land/sea trip to Alaska on Princess Cruises, where we flew to Fairbanks and spent 6 days on land before boarding the Majestic Princess from Whittier to Vancouver.

During June and part of July we went RVing to square dances.

In September we spent 24 days cruising from Amsterdam to Barcelona on the Azamara Pursuit. We sailed up the river into Seville!

We just got back from another 11 day AZ cruise to the Caribbean out of Miami.

We are still square dancing3 nights a week.

I still go to the pistol range three times a week and of course I clean my guns and reload my brass in between trips to the range.

I try to ride my bicycle an hour every day,usually indoors on a trainer I have set uoupstairs in front of a big screen TV hooked to the internet (Roku), an antenna and a DVD player.

I still play SMP every now and then and will tell you all about it in another couple of posts. I still play Age of Empires III a lot.

I just lost interest in coming on here every day.
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you stop by. Sounds like you're having fun cruising!
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds brilliant. If you're ever in Vancouver again you should rent a bicycle and ride around the Stanley Park seawall! Hit me up if you need any recommendations!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Salty. I taught ta boogie man gottha or tomething like tat.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

Jump to: