Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Save
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingWilly
Rigger

9821 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfwood wrote:
BlueDEvil wrote:
I think we use to save in the captain's cabin. You can only access it while at sea. I really miss that place.

I think that was another game. Some trading game along the European coast...

No, BlueDEvil is correct. In Pirates! Gold for Windows, you saved by entering the Captains cabin. You had the option to Save Game, check your status, check the map to see where you were, view your treasure maps, view your treasure cave (I don't know how you did this from your ship, though). I think you could view a list of your captives as well, IIRC.

AKA. Will Scarlett.
Wolfwood
Boatswain

33917 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... I didn't know that there were so many differences between the old versions. Always thought that the Gold! was just a graphically upgraded version of the -87 game.

(I only played the game on C-64 and Amiga, so PC versions in general are not familiar to me)
DaveM
Powder Monkey

357 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

You are correct that in Pirate's Gold you saved in the ship's cabin. But you could ONLY do that while you were IN port. I have verified this as I have been replaying Pirates Gold for about a year now. I actually built up an old DOS box to get my fix (because I own the DOS version of Pirates Gold!) before the announcement of the new Pirates had been made.

Now that I own the Window's version of Pirates Gold (it came on the LE edition of the new Pirates), I will probably go back and install Window's 3.11 on that DOS machine. The Windows version works a little better than the DOS version.
DaveM
Powder Monkey

357 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Correction--Addendum Reply with quote

The Windows version and DOS version of Pirates Gold are identical, btw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Technical Issues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: