Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New Quiz Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471 ... 896, 897, 898  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jesus of Lübeck also called the Good Jesus Ship was lent by Queen Elisabeth to a man with a religious reputation Sir John Hawkins. This ship was used to start a new trade era. What was this trade called and what was the trade item?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea. You might as well be speaking Greek to me on this one!
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this would be a tough one especially with the ships name etc. Hint the ships cargo was humans. Now I bet someone can answer the questions.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be a good time to use a search engine on this one.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer you are looking for is that this ship is called the first slave trading ship. I looked it up and the ship was purchased by the English from the Germanic Hanseatic League in 1562. However, it could not have been intended for slave trade at that time because there was no America until 1607 when the Jamestown Settlement was established. So, I guess the English used this ship for other purposes (probably regular trade) from 1562 until some time after 1607.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dominican Republic or should I say what is now called the Dominican Republic is where the slaves were taken to. The first colony there was in 1493 well before Jamestown. I think the Americas and the New World, Western Hemisphere or what ever you want to call it was about the same thing at that time. Go ahead Salty ask the next question.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the difference between a Caribou and a Reindeer? What physical differences are there?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caribou don't Caribout looking like a Reindeer plus none ever had a shiny red nose.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just joking on my first answer because I rally don't know a lot about them but since it appears to be no experts in the deer species I will at least try to think of something. I'm thinking Caribou might be bigger. Both male and female sport antlers but i'm thinking Reindeer do too. Gee I really don't know much about Reindeer. I think there coat is darker and perhaps spotted but A Caribou is more like a grey, tan or whitish color. Actually I don't know what the hell i'm talking about but since nobody answered I gave it a shot.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a good sport! Go ahead and use a search engine.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I see I was correct about caribou being larger. Reindeer are large too but slightly smaller than caribou. Reindeer and caribou are actually the same species, Rangifer tarandus according to what I read but one thing I found out was Caribou are wild and Reindeer has been domesticated even though there is still a few wild Reindeer, most are domesticated. Caribou can be found in northern North America and Greenland and Reindeer are from Eurasia.
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here's one:

I'm the new kid on the block, I'm only 10 years old. Yet I made a big stur already on several occasions. I make sure that people can own and spend their own money whenever they want, it's the reason why banks don't like me. Nobody can censor me or shut me down because I'm everywhere on the planet.

I made many people rich last year, just like I made many people rich in 2013 and 2014. There are years that I perform a bit less though, but ah well, those who hold me tight and believe in me will be rewarded again when I have better years again in the future. Who am I?
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your name is Bitcoin!
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
I think your name is Bitcoin!

Correct, well done mate! Cool
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What person has the most number one hits of all time for any genre of music? Of all the hit charts we know of, who has more number one hits than anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirate's History All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 469, 470, 471 ... 896, 897, 898  Next
Page 470 of 898

Jump to: