Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

What is your biggest bounty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grsmith320
Swabbie

575 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THe biggest bounty I've seen on me was 45,000 from the spanish. I was playing on Journeyman and had captured all the Spanish cities except for Panama, Porto Bello and Nombre de Dios. This was during the 1600's period. I think that is the hardest period because there are fewer cities (other than Spanish) and there is a lot of distance between ports. I wish there were a way to capture the smaller settlements and turn them to a different nationality.
dhankskunk
Swabbie

350 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I've noticed that if you convert all the strongholds/trading posts in a given area to a particular nationality the 'settlements' in the same area will eventually switch to the same nationality. I think the strongholds send out invasion forces to those settlements when they are of sufficient strength.

At least this has happend in my current game... (1600s - adventurer level)

But sadly, I know of no way to actually control this. Crying or Very sad
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rupertlittlebear wrote:
Good one.

Did you sack Panama too?
(I did not.)

I don't think that I have. I am not sure. Basically I got that was for smashing their shipping over and over outside their best cities which I think is usually the best way to make money.

I also got 13k for sacking havana...4 times in a row! I kept sacking til it was about 3k for sacking havana...I guess I got over 50k altogether and it went somehow from a capital of 12000 to a whatever of 3000. Not sure why that happened since it does not normally seem to.
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at 49 k Spanish, 37 k French simultaneously now.

But seeing the numbers some of you achieved, that is nothing. Oops

The largest number of soldiers I saw was 880. 1660, in Leogane. Panama was only up to 500 in that game, next biggest was Puerto Bello with 660.
Striker
Gunner

680 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's weird is being told that you have a 31,000 gold bounty on your head that doesn't show up in your stats if you have any rank.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmodina wrote:

The largest number of soldiers I saw was 880. 1660, in Leogane. Panama was only up to 500 in that game, next biggest was Puerto Bello with 660.

Panama and havana seem to start off with about 1500 at rogue level, but by the time I ever reach them they are never more than 600.

It seems to me like the soldier levels should tend to go up, and not down, over time...though it does make sense for the spanish to grow a bit weaker over time....
Rook
Seaman

517 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top bounty for me so far is 127k gp. I already saved over that game so unfortunatly I only have my word to offer to you as it being the truth, but it was done on adventurer during an extended campaign against the Spanish. It was the same game that I managed to wipe the Spainish off the Spaish Main with the exception of Panama, Gran Granada, and Pto Principe on Cuba. If it was spanish, I took, looted, sacked, plundered and burned it. Next time the bastards will think twice before taking the city my wife lived in.

Rook
Managing Editor/Writer
www.hookedgamers.com
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:

Panama and havana seem to start off with about 1500 at rogue level, but by the time I ever reach them they are never more than 600.

It seems to me like the soldier levels should tend to go up, and not down, over time...though it does make sense for the spanish to grow a bit weaker over time....

I never dared to touch Panama in the harder levels before they got at about 500. Yeah, I am chicken.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmodina wrote:
bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:

I never dared to touch Panama in the harder levels before they got at about 500. Yeah, I am chicken.

Even if all you have is 200 men, dont be afraid to attack and lose. Chances are you will deplete them vastly more than they deplete you and you can turn around and attack again right after and beat them. It is also good practice!
Gun Pierson
Gunner

5053 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest bounty ever on my head....None. What about that huh?

I'm always friends with everybody but influence the power of nations by emmigrants and pirate attacks combined to achieve my hidden agenda. They do the dirty work for me as I'm not into the plundering tows and cities thing which takes to long for me. I miss out lots of gold you say. There's enough gold in the whole game to get at least that million coines.

I get all the titles fast, can trade and repair/upgrade very fast wherever I want at very low prices. I can dance with every daughter and rescue her and they think I'm their friend and will never send a privateer on my tale. I'm the privateer as I take out criminals all over the place for everybody. They worship me and throw acres of land at me like it's nothing. Twisted Evil
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:
bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:

Even if all you have is 200 men, dont be afraid to attack and lose. Chances are you will deplete them vastly more than they deplete you and you can turn around and attack again right after and beat them. It is also good practice!

Okay, I do get you right and you can still flee from land battle if you are about to lose? How on earth do you do that?
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asmodina wrote:
bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:
bryce777 wrote:
Asmodina wrote:

Okay, I do get you right and you can still flee from land battle if you are about to lose? How on earth do you do that?

When you lose, most of your men end up fleeing, especially if they fell from Hand to hand. Muskets do a lot more killing.

You automatically flee when you lose all your groups.

I rarely lose, but one time I attacked havana with 180 men against 600...I thought that I had 280.

Anyhow, my pirates were the heroes of the day, and I managed to kill the cavalry as it was stuck in bushes, and to do the same for most of the guards, but eventually my last group got taken out.

I lost 100 men, but the garrison was reduced by over 400 men.

So, I limped away with 80 men (barely enough to sail my fleet) and stocked up on men at grand bahamas, sold off a few ships, and came back and kicked some spnaish but.
Zem
Gunner

3281 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call your attention that I created a topic for a challenge: Biggest Bounty. If you feel yourself like a mighty pirate, make an attempt, and gain the 256 pieces of gold reward. Details in the mentioned topic.

Sail Ho! Aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh!!!
Asmodina
Seaman

1397 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryce777 wrote:
When you lose, most of your men end up fleeing, especially if they fell from Hand to hand. Muskets do a lot more killing.

You automatically flee when you lose all your groups.

I rarely lose, but one time I attacked havana with 180 men against 600...I thought that I had 280.

Anyhow, my pirates were the heroes of the day, and I managed to kill the cavalry as it was stuck in bushes, and to do the same for most of the guards, but eventually my last group got taken out.

I lost 100 men, but the garrison was reduced by over 400 men.

So, I limped away with 80 men (barely enough to sail my fleet) and stocked up on men at grand bahamas, sold off a few ships, and came back and kicked some spnaish but.

Okay, I see. I'll remember that in my next game. Thanks for pointing that out.
watson42467
Cutthroat

573 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something kind of strange has happened to me on this. I signed on board with the English and they were at war with the Spanish and French. So far I have managed to capture well over 100 ships, almost all of them being Spanish with an occasional French ship and a few pirates.

For some reason, the French have a bigger bounty on me than the Spanish. They are at peace with each other, but that shouldn't really matter. The French have 168,000 gold on my head while the Spanish only have 163,000 gold on me.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: