Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Picture says it all really
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68931 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Picture says it all really Reply with quote

Captain Mercer
Swabbie

516 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats also show affection better than a dog who will love everyone, a cat is selective with how and with who they show affection to. For instance my cat follows me outside and stands by my side while I smoke a cigarette, if I come home late he follows me to the door and jumps on my lap as soon as I sit down. Cats FTW!
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Mercer wrote:
Cats also show affection better than a dog who will love everyone, a cat is selective with how and with who they show affection to. For instance my cat follows me outside and stands by my side while I smoke a cigarette, if I come home late he follows me to the door and jumps on my lap as soon as I sit down. Cats FTW!

Sounds like you are describing the perfect partner Smile
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68931 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a big difference is that a dog can be persuaded that you own it. In fact, if it doesn't believe that it belongs to its owner, it is not a good pet. A cat will never believe that you own it. If it did, then it would just be a funny looking dog as far as I'm concerned, and no good as a cat at all. The cat in the picture knows you can buy and own a dog, but its not gonna be owned by you.

I'm not sure that this difference makes one "better" than the other. It depends what you want from a pet. I like cats better, but they make lousy seeing eye dogs.
sparticus
Helmsman

44872 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Well, a big difference is that a dog can be persuaded that you own it. In fact, if it doesn't believe that it belongs to its owner, it is not a good pet. A cat will never believe that you own it. If it did, then it would just be a funny looking dog as far as I'm concerned, and no good as a cat at all. The cat in the picture knows you can buy and own a dog, but its not gonna be owned by you.

I'm not sure that this difference makes one "better" than the other. It depends what you want from a pet. I like cats better, but they make lousy seeing eye dogs.

How bout a seeing eye Guinea Pig ?
CAPTAINcredible
Seaman

1136 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool to see there's other cat people here. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs too, just always owned cats as my parents wouldn't allow a dog and I now live in an apartment that doesn't allow them either. I'll get a dog one day when I own a home with a nice yard. Here's my cat:

Get your own fleet/inventory banner!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: