Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Flags
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Flags Reply with quote

This is a thread I made for everyone to post flags.
Pilo T wrote:
As we all know, the game Pirates! 2 will be moddable. Modability is one of the greatest parts of a game, cause, if you know how, you can fix any part of the game you didn't like and then, if something gets old, you can make it new and fresh. It allows people to personalize a game, to customize it to thier liking. One of the things, that we know can be modified in Pirates! 2, is the flag that you use (correct me if I'm wrong). So I was wondering, what will be the flag everyone uses? A good idea, while you're all waiting so anxiously for the game, would be to design your flag now, and then, if needed, modify it to fit the flag template in the game, so you can start off just by playing the game with a little bit of personalization in it already. Why wait till the game is yours to make the flag, right? Anyway, here's a rough idea of what I was planning for mine:

Cool
EDIT: Note: the skull and crossbones is not my design, I got it off the internet, so if anyone wants to use it, I can either get a link or post the skull and crossbones by itself. I doubt anyone will care, cause it's so easy to get one of those off google, but I just want everyone to know there's an easy way to get one and it looks pretty good. It also comes with a solid black background so you don't get a lot of different shaded textures, which makes it easier to blend with other pictures if you have only MSPaint or something.

The Bosnian wrote:

That's the old one from before Pirates! was released and this forum section made. This is a thread for flags ONLY. In-game pictures as well as, maybe, downloadable links or pictures are preferred so people can see how they look on ships and on the site. I don't have the game, and I don't, currently, have my Flash MX either, so there's no way for me to put mine in game, but if anyone wants to, feel free, and, if anyone does, I'd like a copy for when I do get the game Cool
colossus
Swabbie

900 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kokopelli
Swabbie

801 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current ship flag is the flag I have for my avatar.
colossus
Swabbie

900 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a set of Pirate Flags that I made from photos of real flags to give it a little more realism.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75723&stc=1
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I have the game now, but I need to know a few things. I don't know why I think this, but I'm pretty sure it's something I've heard and I'm not going to go looking right now, and, instead, I'll hope someone can answer this. Do sails/flags need to be .tgas (Photoshop)? I think someone mentioned alpha channels, which requires some form of advanced paint program (MSPaint, for example, is far too basic, but it's all I have, at the moment). If they do, I will be unable to make my own flag. It's not that important to me, but I need to know, and then, if it requires photoshop, I'll get my hands on that and then see what happens. Thanks. And if I can't make the sail/flag, I'll just look around(being a Star Wars fan, I could EASILY settle for the fantastic Vader Sail I saw) or see if anyone can do it for me (I already posted mine). Thanks. Cool
- Pilo T
Isaac Hale
Powder Monkey

212 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy.

The images you use to make flags and sail designs are saved as bitmaps (.bmp), one "image" file and one "alpha channel" file, and then combined into a .dds file. Wolfwood's excellent Customizing Your Flag and Sails Tutorial is available in the Guide section on this very site. It's very good.

As for Star Wars, I made a couple of sails just playing around, one Galactic Empire and one Rebel Alliance. You can see some images and grab the .dds files here.
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaac Hale wrote:
Ahoy.
As for Star Wars, I made a couple of sails just playing around, one Galactic Empire and one Rebel Alliance. You can see some images and grab the .dds files here.

Those sails are very good. I could combine the Imperial flag with the Darth Vader sail someone made (I gotta go get that one Wink ). Anyway, I'll see about that tutorial, but I don't think MSPaint can do it without a little help... O, and as far as Star Wars flags go...
Han Solo
Millenium Falcon
Nym
Boba Fett
Jabba the Hutt
Mandalorian Symbol
would all make great sails/flags incase anyone can do it. They're all related to the piratesque side of Star Wars and using them in Pirates! would be awesome. If anyone needs pictures,
Han Solo
Han Solo2
Nym
Nym2
Millenium Falcon
Millenium Falcon2
Millenium Falcon3
Millenium Falcon4
Boba Fett
Boba2
Boba3
Boba4
Boba5
Jabba The Hutt
Mandalorian
Mandalorian2
Mandalorian3
Mandalorian4
Those pictures would/could make great sails and/or flags, and I tried to pick pictures that would not be difficult to convert (screenshots from the movie would be hell to convert to a flag, so I didn't use any of those), so anyone that can 'flag' (I verbed the word flag Wink ) should be able to work with those. If I can figure out how to 'flag', then I'll make them, but I don't think I'll be able to, or not for a while anyway. Crying or Very sad

- Pilo T Cool
Isaac Hale
Powder Monkey

212 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's that? Downloadable as before. Or I could change it, build-to-suit sort of. I'm open to suggestions.
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's awesome. The Mandalorian Symbol is good for Pirates cause of the skull and all, and who uses it. Nice Job, I don't really have any suggestions that would make it better, but, if you wanted it to be complete, you could make a black one (for Pirates), keep the red one (for the english), make a blue one (for the french), a yellow one (for the Spanish), and an orange one for the dutch. Then it'd be perfect 100% Wink
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone else considered using one of these? Crying or Very sad
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilo T wrote:
Has anyone else considered using one of these? Crying or Very sad

Tell you what mate, since I'm at the Uni right now (which was Internet connection but I don't have time to work on anything else than my thesis), I'll d/l them, take them home, work on them, and bring them back tomorrow (no internet at home!).
So, expect the results tomorrow! Cool
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, awesome. Cool
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, files are done, though I noticed some garbles when I loaded them. Problem is, I don't know where to upload them. I'll do some search in other fora, and try to host them them. Also, there are no screenshots available. I worked on these till 3:00 am and I HAD to get some sleep! Now, off to find a host site!
DrBeast
Cutthroat

5316 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it's up and running. Go get your files at http://pirates.piratesahoy.net/StarWars.zip
Like I said, it's pretty much rough work. If you see anything wrong, gimme a holler! I'll try to get some screenshots to boot.
Pilo T
Swabbie

107 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, unfortunatly, I can't install these mods atm. And if I could, I wouldn't be able to test them for a few days either. We're right in the middle (er... today was the first day) of midterm exams, so I don't really have time for that. If (and you, obviously, don't have to) there are any screenshots up, I can tell you how awesome they are Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: