Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Notes to Self
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Notes to Self Reply with quote

Congrats on finding the Treasure Fleet!
Maybe next time you don't want to try for both galleons with your sloop-
They throw a big broadside, carry a lot of crew, and require a lot of crew once captured.

One hit from the captain's sword can put you in prison if your crew is badly outnumbered. A fancy shirt doesn't offer much protection.

Maybe it's time you loaded the fencing academy mod on this computer.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Notes to Self Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
Maybe it's time you loaded the fencing academy mod on this computer.

I highly recommend the fencing academy. It's just a series of savegame files that offer fencing opportunities (captain of the guard, criminal, and jealous fiance) in every city. The files differ by difficulty level, equipment, and character age/health.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the first lesson has been informative.
Draw your rapier and keep slashing.

I was amazed. I didn't think it would compare to constant thrusting. I thought it would be too slow, but usually it just means that I miss once or twice, not that I'm getting skewered. 3 or 4 slashes, and it's over.

Now I'm at sea in the war canoe, Rupert the Bear style, zig-zagging in and boarding everything I see.

Note to Self You're the Terror of the Treasure Fleets in your Ship of the Line, or for that matter, any frigate. Just because steering a war canoe makes you dizzy doesn't mean that's the only reason not to use one. Please remember a canoe can't absorb even a fraction of a Treasure Galleon's broadside... Smile Sailor Try to keep your boots dry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: