Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

When was the last time you played Sid Meier's Pirates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

When was the last time you played SMP?
Have a game going now
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
About a month ago
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
3 to 6 months ago
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
More than six months
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

fleetp
Boatswain

36082 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[+] wrote:
After getting hit by a pang of nostalgia, I just repurchased the game and played the mandatory initial Apprentice level, earning 120 points (5% of the spoils doesn’t go very far!). Starting a swashbuckler level now and will write back.

I know there probably haven’t been any official challenges on the forum in a while, but I’d be up for one if anyone is so inclined!
PK

Oops, noticed you made the same post twice, so I deleted one of them.
Thanks for joining us.
Very respectfully,
fleetp (site admin and general pain in the arse)
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68793 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have a category for over 6 months. No vote for me. I've been disenfranchised. Shocked
fleetp
Boatswain

36082 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
You don't have a category for over 6 months. No vote for me. I've been disenfranchised. Shocked

I edited the poll to add more than 6 months as an option.
Very respectfully,
fleetp
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68793 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp wrote:
Mr. Blue wrote:

I edited the poll to add more than 6 months as an option.
Very respectfully,
fleetp

More than 6 months. Crying or Very sad
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't play at all last year. I don't know if I played any computer games. Too much real life medical drama.
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68793 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I didn't play at all last year. I don't know if I played any computer games. Too much real life medical drama.

Sad
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Blue wrote:
Rusty Edge wrote:

Sad

Well, at least it had to do with aging parents rather than me or my wife. Something of the sort was to be expected sooner or later.
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to play some SMP just to take your mind off such things.

I may start another game pretty soon. Gun Pierson may cruise the Spanish Main again.
Rusty Edge
Rigger

2992 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
You need to play some SMP just to take your mind off such things.

Thanks, that's pretty good advice. I know that playing Civilization and running the world always restored my sense of control in my life. Likewise, playing Pirates! lets me turn back the calendar to an earlier age, whether to game era, or my childhood, and de-stress.

As it is, I have at least been motivated to make myself healthier, and have lost 65 lbs since March, and improved my tests to the point that I am no longer headed for diabetes and/or a heart attack. I don't need acid controllers or advil any more, either.
FaustinoONeill
Powder Monkey

8 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rusty Edge wrote:
I didn't play at all last year. I don't know if I should try viasil here played any computer games. Too much real life medical drama.

I too could not play any computer game for the last six months. Mine was a personal problem. Starting fresh now!

Last edited by FaustinoONeill on Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am; edited 5 times in total
LoisFlores

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best game planing to hit it again after man years
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I played another game this afternoon/evening. Started it 4 PM and played non-stop except for dinner. Finished at 11:10 PM. Started at Adventurer Level, English, 1640, and Navigation Skill. The game had me sailing towards Barbados so I turned around before I sailed into the first city and with my 40 sailors, I sailed south to the NE corner of Trinidad, where I engaged the Treasure Fleet.

I captured and sank the first Treasure Galleon, then proceeded to capture and KEEP both the other TWO Treasure Galleons and took them back to Barbados. I was really lucky this game, all three nations were at war with Spain for a long time. So, right away I was promoted to Major with England, France and the Dutch. I next captured an Indian War Canoe and used this as my ship the rest of the game.

I quickly rose up the ranks and made Baron with Dutch and French pretty quickly. This allowed me to dance with the Beauties and when I got the dip from them at the dance they told me where Monty was. So, I knocked off Monty three times and saw where his hideout was. I only had one relative rescued at this time. So, at about four and a half years into the game, I took 195 men with me and captured Monty at his hideout.

Then I courted a Beauty at Curacao and once I fought the jealous suitor in a duel I knew the tough parts of the game were over. So, I divided the plunder and upgraded to Rogue level the rest of the game.

This time I played all the way thru the game - had a tough time with one Lost City because it had no landmarks. Also, Monty's hideout the landmark was pretty well hidden by trees so it was really hard to see the landmark.

Anyway, I finished with 126 points at age 32. Once again, the War Canoe cut 2 to 3 years off the game. I finished in Fair Health. Fun afternoon for my Hero Gun Pierson!!!!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68793 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
... and played non-stop except for dinner ...

He stopped for dinner? Gee, I don't know if he's a real SMP pirate ...

Laughing
Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played two games within 4 days of each other. I am a bit burned out now, may wait a month or two before playing again. I am happy to reach 126 points at age 32. Love those small boats!
Mr. Blue
Rigger

68793 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salty Dog wrote:
Love those small boats!

Definitely an SMP pirate after all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Pirates! Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: