Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Mod Requests: Pirate and Indian Full Factions mod
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the game around India, haven't sailed yet to Indonesia or the Philippines. Could that be it? (settlements)

I chose the Portuguese character. Just a few references just say French, no big deal it's ok.

Edit. I put a second copy of the location_names_enu in the custom folder. Ill see if that helps.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I got this straight. You are saying that you chose the Portuguese by useing either a different text.ini or you edited yourself is this correct. If that is the case then the French text is coming from the executable which would require editing itself. I do know how to fix it. I think you are right you just haven’t ran across those other places yet. Keep sailing and you will.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I picked them over Spanish dutch or English. I clicked on the "French" guy when I signed up for his crew. I just ran up and played the mod exactly as it is.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t think there should be any text of Portuguese in the mod I made. I look it over again to see. Another thing you mentioned something about a city showing up on a map as English but it was Portuguese. That could be a number of things but two stand out. Either I made a mistake in the executable with the same city and eras but different owners or you are useing the wrong excutable. I’ve seen this first hand useing the Caribbean excutable with the East Indies mod. There are more cities in the Caribbean. Some of the cities in the East Indies are listed twice in the executable but with different nationalitys and starting eras so this keeps them from showing up as both Dutch or Portuguese at the same time.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did take a quick peek at the text.ini and as I expected it was French and no Portuguese. Are you launching the game from the desktop? if so it's using the Caribbean excutable. This will cause many issues including multi able city ownership's at the same time.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you mean by executable. I copied and pasted my SMP installation and created a new short cut for the exe, renamed east indies mod. Most French have been replaced with Portuguese, isn't that what was the intent? And all the French flags are now Portuguese ones.

With the city issue the city in Ceylon for the 1660 campaign was originally Portuguese at game start. The English took it. When you sail to it it's English owned but on the strategy map it's still Portuguese owned.

yes i'm launching it off of my desktop. new short cut created from my second SMP copy. Folder and shortcut renamed "east indies mod"
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here see if you got this my version or something else. Mine should have French flags no Portuguese.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ov5gasr897hbmmw/AABvnYqihgwY01cJhlgWOdwPa?dl=0
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely what I DONT have. what seems to be your upload in the MODS only section is where jlangsdo left off with his original version. First page mod discussion forum, subject "Reposting some mods"

Great I have the new version now! But wasn't a Portuguese faction a natural wish? The French weren't even in this area until the late 1800s. I mean jlangsdo had a Portuguese faction with his original version.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Portuguese is the best choice it was at the time I kept the French because well the Portuguese and Spanish were similar like the ships etc and the French looked to me so french so I kept the French. The version I'm working on now though is Portuguese.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the Portuguese flags. Is a little editing of the text all that's needed to make French Portuguese again?

As far as the flags just dump in the Portuguese ones and overwrite?
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to replace the French completely then it’s a two step process. First would be a edit to your Text.ini and the second you will need a hex editor or something to edit the .exe . The flags yes you could simply overwrite those if you choose.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to try yourself I could help coach you but if you prefer me doing it then I will. Either way my goal is for you to enjoy the game your way.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no problem. I don't have the patience to mod right now, I have worries IRL and such. Would I be able to play jlangsdo's last version of the mod by overwriting the Caribbean exe with yours for the east indies? Probably not?

Don't worry, patience is a virtue. I can still play this wonderful project either way.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would work just fine. The cities themselves are different from his but it is the East Indies so it would work.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it would make you happy I could fix you up the exact way Jlangdo had it. I’m here to help people anyway I can. I’m not exepecting everybody to like my modding style with all it’s wildness but that doesn’t keep me from trying to help them out in a way they could enjoy the game.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: