Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates of the Spanish Main - any1 familiar with it?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
von Kalteisen
Powder Monkey

99 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Pirates of the Spanish Main - any1 familiar with it? Reply with quote

Salute to all Captains and Shipmates around the Seven Seas from von Kalteisen from the icy waters of Northern Baltic Sea Smile

Me thinks this is a real mutiny, as I am not going to blather about a computer game at all (har har), but about the "Pirates of the Spanish Main", the collectible "card" game by Wizkids Games. Any 1 familiar with it?

Unfortunately I have not yet had the pleasure of playing it, as I am still waiting for my "fleet" (read: boosters) to arrive but as far as I know, the game seems to be real fun to play. So is there anybody out there on Cutlass Isle, that has played or at least tried it?

I have started making my own terrain for the game, a nice 48" diameter board with isles etc.

Hopefully here is someone who has some comments on the game and is even willing to share those with rest of the lot.

Cheerio!

von K.
Capn_Grogg
Powder Monkey

56 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy!

Yes, I have an extensive fleet and have played many games.

I love this game! If any of you have never heard of it then here is the link to the Wizkids site ... Wizkids Pirates site ... check it out.

Brief overview: The ships come in packs much like a trading card game. However, the cards are made of plastic, about the thickness of a credit card. The ships punched out and built tab-in-slot style to make 3D ships. You also have crew tokens and character tokens to man your ships as well as gold to plunder and special treasure to find. The game is then played on a table. Ships move and fire at each other or explore islands for treasure. Right now you can sail under English, Spanish and Pirate flags. In February they are introducing forts and the French fleet.

We play at a local gaming shop and have weekly league play as well as tournaments.

It is a highly addictive and fun game to play face to face with other pirates. The best part is you can try it with one pack. So for $4 you can see if it satisfies your inner pirate.
von Kalteisen
Powder Monkey

99 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Arr shiver me timbers!! :D Reply with quote

Lucky you Capn_Grogg!

I'm still waiting for my fleet to arrive to home port (ordered 18 boosters but unfortunately they have run out totally here in Finland!)

But I have spent my time well waiting me sea dogs, for, inspired by nice looking gaming board that I found on the following website: http://www.shiftinglands.com , I have now a ready board for blood-thirsty pirates and the like.

Arr... just that now without the boosters I began to feel like being on a deserted island *sigh*

von K.
Capn_Grogg
Powder Monkey

56 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the site!

That's some great work he's done there. I have made some 3D islands myself, Though nowhere near that nice. I will post a link once I get some pics done up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: