Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Intentional Mistakes dancing with Attractive Daughters?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you intentionally make mistakes dancing Attractives?
Yes, I would rather get a gift from her
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No, I always want updates on Raymondo's location
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Salty Dog
Sailing Master

191991 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Intentional Mistakes dancing with Attractive Daughters? Reply with quote

When dancing with the Attractive Daughters do you often make mistakes on purpose so you get a gift from her instead of her telling you where Raymondo is?
fleetp
Boatswain

36090 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enough trouble dancing that I don't intentionally make mistakes. Wink
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find attractive daughters the easiest to dance with - and therefore it's fairly easy to manipulate the outcome to get the item. Getting items from plain daughters is harder - you need a perfect dance, and they tend to be harder to dance with. (In story terms, I imagine that plain daughters, since they don't have good marriage prospects, just get really into dancing, and are therefore more demanding on the dance floor. Beautiful daughters are demanding just because they know they can get away with it. Attractive daughters are more easygoing because they think that's their best strategy for finding a good husband.)
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought of that but did not really know how it worked. From now on I will have to try this!
Captain Dave
Powder Monkey

671 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I do this almost 100% of the time.

The rewards from attractive daughters seem backward to me. In other words, Raymondo would make sense as the easier reward, since it only takes stopping by a Jesuit mission or paying 1000 gold to a stranger to get his location. The special items of course cost more than that from the stranger.

I usually give at least 1 Ruby Ring to an attractive daughter to speed up getting special items early in the game. Can get 3 items for the cost of a ring: 1 for giving the ring, 1 for the duel, and 1 for the second dance. Can also then get a Lost City map piece by getting her back from Mendoza and returning (but not marrying) her.
Captain Dave
Powder Monkey

671 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Getting items from plain daughters is harder - you need a perfect dance, and they tend to be harder to dance with.

Personally, I actually find getting perfect dances with plain daughters to be tougher than with beautiful daughters. (Per my answer to this question, I pretty much never try with attractive daughters, so I can't compare well with them.)

A few theories on why:

I think that the arm motions of the beautiful daughters in rhythm with the music help me get flourishes. The sudden "stabbing" hand motions of the plain daughters - from behind their backs - do the opposite.

Don't the dances last a shorter amount of time with the plain daughters? That means less time to get flourishes and build up the heart meter. Sometimes with slower tempo music, I don't make any mistakes with plain daughters but still don't get a perfect dance because I didn't get enough flourishes.

Some of the difference may just be a false impression on my part. Most of my dances with beautiful daughters are after I have the calfskin boots or dancing slippers.
bryce777
Gunner

652 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The faster dance speeds seem to make it easier to get flourishes. I used to be terrible at dancing but now I am great at it, probably because there are just so many patterns.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never knew this, thanks for the tip. I would always much rather have a free gift.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: