Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

The COVID-19 pandemic continues
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Tavern Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinese labs made a new stronger strain of Covid. They are sending it to us by balloon.
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the jap balloon bombs in WW2 with anthrax

The i400 Sub Float planes were planned to perform a west coast
anthrax strike but war's end intervened before it was due
to happen.
The US did not want the Russians to get hold of an i400 sub
and get any ideas.

America used a supposed balloon crash as a cover story for the
Roswell UFO Crash

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_incident
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/in-1947-high-altitude-balloon-crash-landed-roswell-aliens-never-left-180963917/

Then loses their shit, because China now does more or less exactly
what they did back in the late 1940s.

US can't claim any overflight issues, as that is exactly what the US
& all other Spy Satellites have been doing since the 1960s.
Been clearly established in international law since Sputnik 1.

Never mind what the U2, RB-57 "Canberra" & SR71 planes have been getting up to.
Nasa still has these, and is a chartered military organization,
the civilian space stuff is good deflecting PR.

If you have a problem with the balloon shoot it down if you can and
duck & cover below.
EDIT: Balloon has now been shot down
There was according to CNN 3 such balloons during the
First orange's time in office and he did absolutely nothing about them.

The Andromeda Strain was a movie
although Musk does have some space toys, so you never know!

Smart move by China, reminds the US, China has a low cost
surveillance platform backup to its space satellites.
If you think 1 was bad, how about a batch of few hundred or so?
as worked the 1st time

The last time the US Navy probably had both a sensor or training
disadvantage was maybe the night time naval battles in
Iron bottom Sound off Guadalcanal.
US Navy ran out of working Cruisers as the long lance torpedo said hi
before going boom and US cruisers practiced diving.

Does anyone know, can a retail COVID-19 test,
distinguish between a vaccination shot antibodies
or an actual Covid infection antibodies ?

Last edited by corsair91 on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Any buccaneers here dancing with the covid? When i first saw this thread a few years ago Im like damn, if i catch it im going to die. I feel a hell of alot better i survived the first time so if i get it again i should surely survive it? Every case gets more and more mild is what i've heard

My friend Monica has had Covid twice. Her first case was very mild, but the second made her miserable. Each bout with Covid gives you another chance to get long Covid, so it's best not to be too complacent.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corsair91 wrote:
Does anyone know, can a retail COVID-19 test,
distinguish between a vaccination shot antibodies
or an actual Covid infection antibodies ?

Home Covid tests detect active viral infection, not antibodies.
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Roland for the info
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the surest way to avoid getting Covid is to get killed by something else before you catch it.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
Guardacostas wrote:
Any buccaneers here dancing with the covid? When i first saw this thread a few years ago Im like damn, if i catch it im going to die. I feel a hell of alot better i survived the first time so if i get it again i should surely survive it? Every case gets more and more mild is what i've heard

My friend Monica has had Covid twice. Her first case was very mild, but the second made her miserable. Each bout with Covid gives you another chance to get long Covid, so it's best not to be too complacent.

Dont worry about me, im the person that thinks if one person dies from anything it's going to be me. Yes, fear the COVID. It can take you away from your PC.... for good Sad
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REF: It can take you away from your PC.... for good

Not if they toss a laptop in the grave Very Happy

Respect the Covid rather than fear it
as otherwise Glands may provoke a
misplaced machismo bravado.

Calculate the risk, but you have to get lucky every time,
Covid just has to get lucky once

Vacinate, Channel your inner Outlaw Jesse James or Zorro
bandido and go around masked (Banks may be an issue here)

Don't forget to Sanitise & avoid crowds in poorly ventilated areas
(Do you trust that everybody else has been as careful as you!)

Prevention is better than the alternative.
With Long Covid, you best avoid that rodeo if you can
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead people aren't any different than those aren't born yet except leaving behind bones which is the same thing as a rock, steel plate or anything else not living. If i kick you after you die your not going to know it. Did you have a pc before you were born or what do you remember between the beginning of time until you were born? Nothing. A rock don't mind staying g in the same place year after year neither are your bones. You only live once so belly up to the bar and let's show the Devil how to hold his liquor.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I danced with the covid in december. And I think it was april when the national emergency for covid ended. My doctor said just because the emergency ended doesnt mean covid is done, its very much still out there

So how many buccaneers got vaccinated? I didn't
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your doctor should have told you to get vaccinated while he was at it. I got mine. They had to hog tie me to the chair and I screamed and cried a few minutes but now that I think about it I didn’t really need to because it didn’t hurt. Worth noting both my wife and oldest daughter got Covid even though they were both fully vaccinated at the time and since they were vaccinated their symptoms were much less severe than those who don’t get vaccinated. I obviously have been around lots of Covid both home, work , etc and not knocking on wood have yet to catch the shit. Your not only risking getting Covid but the greatest risk is was you to get it without vaccinated your probably going to be in serous condition compared to someone who caught it after vaccinated. It’s time to stop protesting, put down the sign and drag your ass to the doctor and say I want my Covid Shots. Tell them Pirate sent you.
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got vaccinated, and am glad I did. All of the nurses who 'jabbed' me were cute, and there was very little pain (akin someone pinching me very quickly).
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had five doses of Covid vaccine, including the bivalent booster. I intend to get the next booster when it comes out.

Since boosters only seem to be at full strength for about two months, I figure it's best to get vaccinated in early November so that I'll be protected during the holiday season, when people are traveling around the country and exchanging viruses.

A few weeks ago, just when I was thinking we were probably safe from Covid, there was an outbreak at my old church.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Your doctor should have told you to get vaccinated while he was at it. I got mine. They had to hog tie me to the chair and I screamed and cried a few minutes but now that I think about it I didn’t really need to because it didn’t hurt. Worth noting both my wife and oldest daughter got Covid even though they were both fully vaccinated at the time and since they were vaccinated their symptoms were much less severe than those who don’t get vaccinated. I obviously have been around lots of Covid both home, work , etc and not knocking on wood have yet to catch the shit. Your not only risking getting Covid but the greatest risk is was you to get it without vaccinated your probably going to be in serous condition compared to someone who caught it after vaccinated. It’s time to stop protesting, put down the sign and drag your ass to the doctor and say I want my Covid Shots. Tell them Pirate sent you.

Im not protesting it, im worried about side effects. Scared of being injected with things other medication i've been on had to take several weeks until i trusted it. Im definately not being a rebel here, just can't get myself to trust it the way i worry about things
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s been at long enough now that we can see no mass reductions in the population due to people getting the Covid shot’s. With that being said it’s also been established that people who don’t are having the hardest time recovering from Covid and nearly all the deaths now are coming from people who are unvaccinated. All side effects are temporary as with any vaccine it can make you sick for a day but that’s because your body is fighting and it’s building a defense for a foreign invader. That’s what it’s suppose to do. Different people experience different side effects. Depends which vaccine you take. I don’t know about now but when I got mine you had to go with whatever they weee giving out in your area so if you wanted Phifer and they were giving out Moderna then you had to take Moderna or nothing. Could be a choice thing now but I don’t know and still expect many areas anyway you would have no choice which one you get. mine was Moderna. First shot gave me a really sore shoulder but otherwise I was fine. Second shot I understand is no different then the first shot ingredients wise but that one gave me a sore shoulder again and sickness as well with fever just like you had the flue or something. The next day I was fine . My daughter and my mom had phifer and none of the shots bothered them. I don’t know why that is but you should expect some side effects and it’s nothing to worry about. You feel bad a day to make a defense to fight Covid and trust me it’s worth it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: