Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates o' the East Indies 2020 (SE Asia map)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:01 am    Post subject: Pirates o' the East Indies 2020 (SE Asia map) Reply with quote

This historically accurate complete mod was built over the original by jlangsdo, with work done by Pirate and themodelcitizen like completing France's transition to Portugal.

Some borrowed graphics from this forum, including Amaroy, loki59, and angelmiyoko, and borrowed ship re-design from parksbanyon.

Sail through the East Indies, picking up cargo in the Spice Islands and chasing Spaniards through the Philippines while taking on 9 new named pirates.

Click here: DOWNLOAD (please upvote at Steam, reddit, and Nexus)

Works best in windowed mode. If using Phalzyr's Trainer, start as administrator and switch version to Steam 1.02 before starting Pirates!

Please report any issues here or in this thread.

More samples:

Starting eras | Treasure fleet returns | New pirates | The East Seas | New ship models

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:17 pm; edited 79 times in total
DungeonPastor

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:38 pm    Post subject: File Dissapearing/Virus Warning? Reply with quote

Hey, new to the forums and trying to breathe some life into a game I haven't played in some time. This looks epic, but the download gets nixed for virus concerns.

I haven't had any issues with other mods here, though those aren't nearly as large in scope. Any idea what's triggering that? Got an executable in there?
corsair91
Sailing Master

207494 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems downloading the File

East Indies 2020.rar

It does include a custom pirate!.exe
(hex edited which AV hueristic pattern scans may not like)

If so, When using the mod,
AV File scan exclusion Folder may be required
(i.e. Do not scan here)

If using Firefox Browser
check Tools - downloads
confirm if the download is blocked and
right click on filename to unblock

or alternatively your Anti-virus console log (notifications)
or Quarantine Area
(sometimes called Virus chest)
and restore to unblock file

Last edited by corsair91 on Wed May 05, 2021 3:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
fleetp
Boatswain

36116 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: File Dissapearing/Virus Warning? Reply with quote

DungeonPastor wrote:
Hey, new to the forums and trying to breathe some life into a game I haven't played in some time. This looks epic, but the download gets nixed for virus concerns.

I haven't had any issues with other mods here, though those aren't nearly as large in scope. Any idea what's triggering that? Got an executable in there?

See corsair91's post. If those techniques don't work, tell us what browser and antivirus you are using.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there's a replacement for Pirates.exe (back up your old one somewhere) in there, changes stuff like France to Portugal that can't be done elsewhere. It's just a few lines of code changed, let us know if you can't get it past the viruscheck like fleet said
DungeonPastor

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:03 am    Post subject: Got it working! Reply with quote

Thanks all, got the mod up and running!

Weirdly enough I don't use an antivirus, guess Windows Defender just thought it was sketchy or something, but it came through.

I've noticed the french flag still showing on Portuguese ships, I'm guessing there's something I have to move around somewhere, but it's a minor thing. I'm just grateful to be experiencing the game again, and in an entirely new setting no less!

Huge kudos to all involved, and thanks again for the help!
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers! Ah my bad - is it the sails or the top flag? Try moving "flagfrench" or "flag_fre" straight into the "custom" folder (no subfolders). I think the default "flag_fre" in there might be taking precedence if the new one is in a subfolder or something
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it’s important to include the ship sails in the customs folder as it override the assets. Normally I keep everything in my assets folder but I do keep the ship flags and sails in customs .
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah even the default "custom" has "flag_fre" and the others, there's a lot of stuff like that seems to direct the user where to mod/skin.

Sorry dungeon, it's "flag_fre" and "ship_sail_emblem_lrg_fre" in the main "custom" folder that need replacing (back them up somewhere if you like) with the ones in my pack.

That should take care of the flags and sails.
Captain of the Wylfen
Powder Monkey

502 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue; when I went into a new file to become a Journeyman pirate, the box wouldn't select and my character just became a white rectangle. Then the animations froze, though everything played out to me selecting whom to sign up with, but after the cutscene of the crossing, the game crashes.

Also the trainer seems to mess it up as well. Is there any compatibility for it?
corsair91
Sailing Master

207494 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about the mod.

Any issues with the mod is best posted in this thread

Pirates of the East Indies' Mod discussion
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=113896

At a guess,
Journeyman mode may not have been tested.

This mod has a Hex edited pirates!.exe to add the east indies content,
The trainer probably expects an original game excutable
or one less modded.

Priority was given to switching the locations correctly.
I would assume it was not intended for or tested with the Trainer as yet.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like compatibility problems or something of that nature. The game should work fine in Journeyman mode or any of the others as nothing in the executable was modded to effect that. The reason the executable was modded was mainly for getting rid of the French text and adding Portuguese since a nationality change was made. Second the cities were obviously different from the Caribbean so new city strings were created to make it fit the East Indies more historical correct. None of those changes would have any effect on what level you want to start at nor would they cause the trainer not to work either. I would try a compatibility check with both the game and trainer if it starts crashing and it would probably be best to set the game and trainer on the same thing. If that’s not it something got corrupted somehow possibly didn’t download right. Might try reinstalling the game then reading the mod carefully. Hope you get it straightened out. Holler if not but don’t throw anything as I normally wouldn’t help anybody who hits me up beside the head with a pc mouse. Smile
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trainer worked for me, I had to switch the "version", I think to the most recent steam one (1.02 or something?)

The game would crash though if I loaded up the trainer or switched version partway; it had to be on and set to the correct version when the game started.

I'll try some testing with the difficulty, I haven't encountered that yet, thanks

edit: it's starting fine for me, maybe try wiping it and re-downloading, there could be an issue with how the files are arranged? Are you able to go in and change your flag and sails? if not then something may be missing from "custom"
corsair91
Sailing Master

207494 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REF:
Trainer worked for me, I had to switch the "version", I think to the most recent steam one (1.02 or something?)

To get the Trainer to work with the Steam version of Pirates
change the game type from 1.20 to Bigpond and TryMedia

EDIT:

see later page 2 post
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=122706#122706

for Pirates o' the East Indies 2020 (SE Asia map),
Steam game, Trainer combination info as
different to above

Last edited by corsair91 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but the East Indies mod works with Steam 1.02 for some reason (regular ol' Caribbean on my Steam version works with Bigpond)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum