Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

Pirates o' the East Indies 2020 (SE Asia map)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its dealable, the CTDs. I just save the game before i click on the map icon or for that matter the captains log icon. Next game im going to have to back to sailing in the west indies, bretheren of the coast style. Maybe that can be your next project, themodelcitizen? Your expertize would surely be useful. Are you still interested in modding?
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, was 1660 the only scenario you tested while modding? I'm playing the 1640 start date
corsair91
Sailing Master

208103 Gold -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ref: early ranks

Checking the text.ini file

Default Disk Game
\assets\pak1.FPK\text.ini Ranks content

[RANK]
Type = __VAR
Value = Mr.
Value = Mr.
Value = Captain
Value = Major
Value = Colonel
Value = Admiral
Value = Baron
Value = Count
Value = Marquis
Value = Duke

TMC - Pirates o' the East Indies 2020
East Indies 2020.rar
\assets\text.ini Ranks content

[RANK]
Type = __VAR
Value = Mr.
Value = Mr.
Value = Captain
Value = Major
Value = Colonel
Value = Admiral
Value = Baron
Value = Count
Value = Marquis
Value = Duke

Last edited by corsair91 on Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Just wondering, was 1660 the only scenario you tested while modding? I'm playing the 1640 start date

As you can guess from all the talk about start dates, starting cities, etc, we've played and tested all eras. Not sure that makes much of a difference tbf, whether you get to 1660 by starting there or progressing there after starting an earlier date.

What do you mean by brethen of the coast modding? I didn't work with that one before, and have pretty much completed all of the projects I wanted to work on except for a more extensive viking mod. I still have some of my early graphic work but it's way too much to take on alone

You should try the Darien Scheme mod if you go back to the Carib! Fun to have Bermuda, Pensacola etc

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming soon to a PC near you. Legends of the High Seas: A Sid Meir’s Pirates Mod
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Coming soon to a PC near you. Legends of the High Seas: A Sid Meir’s Pirates Mod

Shit I bet the only thing you know how to make is a ass out of yourself. I mean if you don't have a name your willing to stick out there then you must be some worthless scumbag.

0 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Shit I bet the only thing you know how to make is a ass out of yourself. I mean if you don't have a name your willing to stick out there then you must be some worthless scumbag.
Duelling Duelling Duelling Duelling Duelling
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themodelcitizen wrote:
Guardacostas wrote:

As you can guess from all the talk about start dates, starting cities, etc, we've played and tested all eras. Not sure that makes much of a difference tbf, whether you get to 1660 by starting there or progressing there after starting an earlier date.

What do you mean by brethen of the coast modding? I didn't work with that one before, and have pretty much completed all of the projects I wanted to work on except for a more extensive viking mod. I still have some of my early graphic work but it's way too much to take on alone

You should try the Darien Scheme mod if you go back to the Carib! Fun to have Bermuda, Pensacola etc

I understand you didn't work on the brethren mod, i was just wondering if you had any interest in further modding it? A map up the british coast to Boston and down to the southern tip of south america would be cool as hell. Ill try the darien mod in time *cueing corsair* so what other features does it have besides new cities?
corsair91
Sailing Master

208103 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted Mod Content List to the Darien Scheme Mod Thread
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's as "best of" (IMO) of all the new cities, with Scotland replacing Holland. Scotland's brief colony in Panama, and Puerto Rico, are active in all eras in that one. Lots of fun.

Last time I tried making a map the NOAA maps weren't as detailed as they were in the past so I couldn't get a good one. I don't know if I have the time to devote to a huge project like that. If the maps at that NOAA website jlangsdo's tools have us getting maps from are back to high-res, I'd love to spread the word about map-making more, because I'm sure there's SOMEONE out there who would be into it. Making the European map was challenging but so rewarding
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fleetp
Boatswain

36182 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Wild Indie’s

There are 4 screens just slide image to left to view the other

https://www.bing.com/images/create/22create-an-exciting-title-screen-for-sid-meir27s-pi/653467edc24a47a0998ae1ade594a344?id=hFch2V3gNM%2FTNUABLwBQ9Q.WQrV7yXjw3BuMFbTRxHZJg&view=detailv2&idpp=genimg&form=GCRIDP&ssp=1&setlang=en-US&safesearch=moderate

Beautiful women in all the pictures. That fourth one is really weird, with the ladies legs going through the pool table.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt that is weird. I’m certain it’s treating the pool table as water for the ladies and as a normal pool table for the balls.anyway it’s both fun and frustrating using these image creator’s you truly don’t know what your getting.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14671 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha wow, the AI totally confused the pool felt cover for a pool/ocean I guess. Not quite worried it's going to take over, Terminator-style, quite yet
Guardacostas
Gunner

10056 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 24 of 27

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum