Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

New (Dutch) cities/corrected names
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: New (Dutch) cities/corrected names Reply with quote

In the default game, Curacao is actually on Bonaire (thanks to fleetp for pointing this out to me), so this moves it. St. Eustatius is actually on St. Barthelemy.

To be fair to the Dutch for losing a city (St. Barts), it also adds Aruba, the real Bonaire, and Saint Croix.

Geography is stretched slightly to also add New Netherland and Paramaribo at the map's extremes.

To round things out, England gets Anguilla.

I would love to add Saba, but it looks too small to land and march on if a city is added there. The real St. Eustatius I don't think you can land on at all.

Download (please endorse at Nexus)

Screenshots:
ABC Islands
Leeward Islands

If you like playing as the Dutch, check out the East Indies mod.

Last edited by themodelcitizen on Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
fleetp
Boatswain

36050 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work!
I need to remember to completely remove old mods when I install new ones (I forgot to delete the landscape.ini file from another mod).
Rolling Eyes
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, for me it's text.ini. It's always so jarring to see the wrong city name or something

I think I'll end up playing on some kind of hybrid of this and the Bermuda mod, I'll post it up to share when I'm done playing around. Maybe limiting the newbies at Bermuda/Belize/Anguilla/Saint Croix/Guayana
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a different way of installing and uninstalling mods that helps eliminate mistakes like that. What I do is create a new folder in the assets folder and name it East Indies for example. This is where I stick every single thing so the text.ini is already in the mix alone with everything else. The only thing I put in customs is the flags needed to replace the original flags with and sails if u modded them. That makes it easier to if you want to change flags in the game you don’t have to sort through half a million flags because only the ship flags are in it. The other flags are for the cities and settlements. I’ve got a backup copy of the mod and customs folder and when I’m ready to change directions all I need to do is delete the mod folder and replace the customs. For mods with executable modifications like what y’all doing here and the East Indies I have a backup named East Indies instead of Pirates and I’ll take a copy of the East Indies executable and drop it inside my game folder that way it doesn’t overwrite my original executable but with the challenge pack at hand keeping hold of the original isn’t a big issue as it once was. Like anything else being organized and finding a way to install mods eliminates most mistakes and this method has served me well.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so stuff doesn't really need to be in "custom", just the custom flags for ships/sails? Everything else (except text which needs to go in assets) can go aywhere in the Sid Meiers Pirates folder, maybe? And I like that executable idea, I hadn't thought to change the filename

also I can't get my old bald avatar back, lol I tried messing with the "avatar" function and now it's stuck on the custom one
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah just the ship flags and sails. All the text textures nifs etc can go in assets. I like to make a folder inside to dump my mods in then just delete when done. Anyway Ive been having fun.

https://ibb.co/Sr78Vjn
https://ibb.co/mCtQgQc
https://ibb.co/dmqDR9w
https://ibb.co/YtWStVW
https://ibb.co/jLKCGpR
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, ye scallywags
JakeTheScot1
Powder Monkey

339 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great mod. I Really like it.
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for playing and giving feedback! I'm guessing the ABC Islands just keep reinforcing each other's economy given how close they are? Do you get enough local Dutch settlements to send new governors?
locu
Powder Monkey

14 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I recently downloaded your mod because I love playing as the dutch lol. I'm having some trouble, any time I replace pirates.exe on my desktop and try to launch it, it says the .dll files are missing. I don't suppose you'd know how to fix that? Thanks for your time!!
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pirates!.exe does not go on the desktop

backup your existing pirates!.exe in your game install folder
(stash a copy somewhere else)

Place the mod pirates!.exe in the game install folder

run this pirates!.exe only from the game install folder
(typically via a Desktop shortcut)

See the mod included readme.txt file
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for joining locu!!

The .exe (along with the other contents of the download) go here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Pirates!

Or whatever the mac version of that folder is. Let us know if you're still having issues
corsair91
Sailing Master

210870 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14635 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This map got a lot of love at other places even though it was pretty low-effort on my part, if you look at the screenshots I hadn't got the hang of maplabel yet (or just didn't have time). Could use a touch-up anyway. I never really played as the Dutch (no good starting ships and I'd rather replace them with Scotland anyway Razz ) so guess I never took to this one
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw put a bonnet on the head and a pair of wooden clogs and sign up for the Netherlands. Starting ships I been getting a sloop the French get the best. Sloop is fine I’m in something bigger really quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Reserved for Game MODS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum