Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

sword fighting montalbalm in poor health
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing about Monty is it’s best to have a decent amount of crewmen to begin with before taking him on. If your in a war canoe like some people here like and his cannons kill have your crew then your shit out of luck whipping his ass or I can safely say I couldn’t.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corsair91 wrote:
Forum Index -> Fencing
http://hookedonpirates.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

some links have been posted previously in this thread

Practice makes perfect

Fencing Academy
http://www.hookedonpirates.com/guide/fencing/
(Tutorial by Rupertlittlebear)

I highly recommend the fencing academy. I used it to learn how to fence properly - i.e., parry and thrust. I always use it to sharpen my fencing ability before I start a new game.

The only fencing match I have never won is versus Montalban in his lair at Swashbuckler. I must have replayed it ten times without success. In that game I had to settle for 125 points. (Yes, I know it should have been 124, but the game must have made a rounding error in my favor. I really did finish with 125.) In order to win that match, I think I would need to find Montalban's lair at a younger age.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. There was a specific post that mentioned a low slash repeatedly and the poster said it almost felt like cheating it was so easy. That's what i was looking for
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Thanks everyone. There was a specific post that mentioned a low slash repeatedly and the poster said it almost felt like cheating it was so easy. That's what i was looking for

No simple method will work against Montalban every time. Because Montalban is different every time. He always has a special attack, which is practically invincible when he uses it. But his special attack can vary from one incarnation to another.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Low slash gets him every time. He can barely get one hit on me, and it does feel like cheating but not to that much of an extent, seeing that he was almost impossible to defeat before
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Low slash gets him every time. He can barely get one hit on me, and it does feel like cheating but not to that much of an extent, seeing that he was almost impossible to defeat before

What difficulty level are you playing at?
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Journeyman. I like a nice, fairly challenging game and nothing more. And remember, if monty grabs a rope or jumps above you slash, a thrust is the best way to respond. Im sure swashbuckler would be a lot harder. I Just prefer my PC games as relaxing and non heart attack Laughing
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains it. I usually play at Rogue.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to use the trainer to switch from apprentice to Swashbuckler during a game as normally whatever you start out with you have to live with it or begin a new game changing to something else.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland wrote:
That explains it. I usually play at Rogue.

Ill try adventurer next game now that i can more easily defeat monty (can never remember how to spell that name)
themodelcitizen
Gunner

14653 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
It is possible to use the trainer to switch from apprentice to Swashbuckler during a game as normally whatever you start out with you have to live with it or begin a new game changing to something else.

I think you can move up by dividing the plunder as well, it should give you an option. But if you don't want to lose all that time I'd have to check the trainer
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardacostas wrote:
Ill try adventurer next game now that i can more easily defeat monty (can never remember how to spell that name)

The other fencer who gives everyone trouble is the English captain of the guard. He is a much more well-rounded opponent than Montalban.
Guardacostas
Gunner

10041 Gold -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed that but i guess i don't stop in english taverns and cities much. Most captains are as easy as X Connery and the rest
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the top ten have special skills like slashing etc. the barmaid tells you this once he is on your quest list. I meant to do a study on if it’s in the animations or not. Probably not but if it was you could take the special skills and make a real meanie. Always wanted to mod the settlements by adding city info but never did either. I’m thinking it would be something similar as using the trainer without the need of the trainer. Next guess would they still behave as settlements.
Roland
Helmsman

22541 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
All the top ten have special skills like slashing etc. the barmaid tells you this once he is on your quest list. I meant to do a study on if it’s in the animations or not. Probably not but if it was you could take the special skills and make a real meanie. Always wanted to mod the settlements by adding city info but never did either. I’m thinking it would be something similar as using the trainer without the need of the trainer. Next guess would they still behave as settlements.

I think it has been established that the game will only accommodate 43 cities. You can replace the existing cities with other cities, including newly created cities, but if you add extra cities beyond the 43 they will behave mostly like settlements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Hints and strategies All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: