Shop  •   Avatar  •   FAQ  •   Search  •   Memberlist  •   Usergroups  •   Profile  •   Log in to check private messages  •   Log in  •  Register 

It’s a pirates life for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
I forgot to mention the slower aging patch is in the exe. If a new mod is released based off of this mod especially if it takes out the naughty stuff then it probably would be a good idea to copy the city files from the exe. and make a new one because there is naught talk also. I mean either that or fix the talk in the exe. That would take me longer than replacing all the cities so it’s easier that way. Easy way to find the cities would be looking for the location points of Antigua or the fist city that was listed in the original game. That stays the same but the rest of the city has changed.

I'm not inclined to re-work the exe file, so I'll just use it as is, even if it has the slower aging patch and naughty talk.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So di you plan to release a basic mod minus the textures. If u take out the daughters then u might wanna change the text ini back to plain attractive etc. the dancers can be just deleted along with textures. Barmaids can either be dressed or delete nifs and textures and the game will go back to the original barmaids. If I get a opportunity and god know when that might be I can redo the executable in a New York flash by simply copying the cities in the executable and and writing them over the stock cities in a new executable. Would need to read the Portuguese though but that’s about it unless the Caribbean text needs to go. Might be faster to redo the naughty talk. Easy way to do that is copy the text and past it in notpad. Underneath try thinking something else to say and keep it the talk the same length. If it takes up the same space then simply take the new talk and replace it over the old.

Last edited by Pirate on Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I go Cali I will just go nuts again. I know that. Never had issues like this before. I thought once she found out I was talking other women it would take care things automatically by her washing her hands of me. Some reason it ain’t working.
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
So di you plan to release a basic mod minus the textures. If u take out the daughters then u might wanna change the text ini back to plain attractive etc. the dancers can be just deleted along with textures. Barmaids can either be dressed or delete nifs and textures and the game will go back to the original barmaids. If I get a opportunity and god know when that might be I can redo the executable in a New York flash by simply copying the cities in the executable and and writing them over the stock cities in a new executable. Would need to read the Portuguese though but that’s about it unless the Caribbean text needs to go. Might be faster to redo the naughty talk. Easy way to do that is copy the text and past it in notpad. Underneath try thinking something else to say and keep it the talk the same length. If it takes up the same space then simply take the new talk and replace it over the old.

My original intent was to make the 'basic' mod just for my own use, but since you gave permission to release the 'reduced' mod I'll try to do so, after making sure it's not buggy.
I remember you (or someone) saying when naughty text is placed in the exe file that it must have the same number of characters or the game won't open.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I barmaid wise I changed the part where she said not much going on here sweetie. Just open a unchanged exe copy that and search for pussy in my executable and you will find her new talk. Change it back to original . Bar tender likes titties so change those back. Search for poop and copy the pirate haven talk. Search for fuck in my exe and replace the talk. Most everything else probably could get away without changing.
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Yeah I barmaid wise I changed the part where she said not much going on here sweetie. Just open a unchanged exe copy that and search for pussy in my executable and you will find her new talk. Change it back to original . Bar tender likes titties so change those back. Search for poop and copy the pirate haven talk. Search for fuck in my exe and replace the talk. Most everything else probably could get away without changing.

Thanks. This information will make it much easier to make the changes. I think I'll have the barmaid say something 'suggestive', but not explicit.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry didn’t know what everybody wanted. I just tried doing a good job at whatever I was doing and since it’s a naughty mod I feel I did a good job but I could have made a good basic as well.
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thoroughly test this before loading the mod.

Link to Title screen for revised (no nudity) Salty Sea mod.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/fc802f72-0ddd-4d7e-a9f5-e35e9dc1cdac/deipsrw-e5efd2bf-896f-485c-a898-5720b785473b.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ZjODAyZjcyLTBkZGQtNGQ3ZS1hOWY1LWUzNWU5ZGMxY2RhY1wvZGVpcHNydy1lNWVmZDJiZi04OTZmLTQ4NWMtYTg5OC01NzIwYjc4NTQ3M2IucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.doWtPBJa9Ws6aL77sDZAiH3ojkHfMoESr-uWPYisUa0

Draft readme.txt file

-----------------------------
Salty Sea Mod to Sid Meiers Pirates!
This mod gives you an alternative Caribbean Sea. It replaces the French with the Portugese, moves and renames cities.

To Install the mod:
1. Make a back up copy of your Pirates!.exe file, your custom folder, and your assets folder.

2. Uncompress the compressed file using 7zip, winzip, winrar, or your favorite archiver. Copy the uncompressed files and folders into your Sid Meier's Pirates! folder

3. Run the game as you normally would.

To uninstall the mod
1. Delete the revised Pirates!.exe file, custom folder, and assets folder.

2. Restore the backed-up Pirates!.exe file, custom folder, and assets folder.

Credits: Much of the work was done by Hookedonpirates member pirate.
The mod uses the Barbados shift and the slower aging mod the no-CD fix (credit to original creators).
It is essentially pirates's Caribbean Sea mod with the nudity removed.

THIS MOD ORIGINATED FROM
hookedonpirates.com
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice title screen
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you redo the ballroom portraits or are we going back to the original ballrooms?
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Did you redo the ballroom portraits or are we going back to the original ballrooms?

I decided to use the original ballrooms.
The only texture file I re-did was the title screen. The only texture files I kept are the flags, the caribbeanmap*.bmp files and the tav_*_bar.dds files.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay sounds good
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One mod I plan to do at some point is the top ten pirates. Each pirate has a special skill and the barmaid will usually tell you what it is if you port somewhere after being told about him and have is quest icon already. Way to mod this might be to locate each pirates kfm file. What this is if you open it with a hex it list the nif file used along with all the kf files used. It’s not the animations itself the kfs are. Replace the km file that the other top tens and even Montalban and you could create a pretty mean swordsman to deal with as the animations for the special skills they have are faster then the others.
Pirate
Helmsman

109759 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate is modding. Sorry I know you didn't want to hear that.
fleetp
Boatswain

36155 Gold -

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate wrote:
Pirate is modding. Sorry I know you didn't want to hear that.

Speaking for myself, I'm happy to hear that. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Customization & Modding All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: